"On Topic" Change... Real Change with Integrity

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I do know a little about Space and Visibilty training however what does that have to do with egress compliance? You complained about an overkill. We're you given a reason why these additional platforms are required?
I was told it could cause confusion.

But if they follow WESLA it shouldn't be a problem, now should it?

Integrity

Binge Poster
When would driving the company vehicle not be considered work?
If you are on lunch perhaps in a parking lot of a shopping center or park and you perhaps drive across the parking lot to park in a more shaded area.

That's probably not what you are talking about.

What are the specifics of your possible OSHA or DOT complain that about being forced to drive through break periods?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What is your point you are trying to get at here?
Safety at this company is not about action. We don't measure safety based on injury reduction, or true safety. We measure it by if someone's training material is in the book and signed.

Safety audits should not be about the books. They shouldn't be about the materials. They should be about action on the sorts. Are there egress issues? Are people lifting and lowering in a safe manner?

But no. Instead we nail a building on these audits because a driver forgot "And walkways" In the "Authorized pedestrian doors and walkways" portion of the yard control rules.

Every single time I've gone through a safety audit, the auditor has spent at least 2 days in the building. In those 2 days you know how much time was spent on the sorts? Maybe 15-20 minutes. Yeah, great snapshot of an entire operation.