openly gay drivers

City Driver

Talking about it like adults would have been more along the lines of:

"Hey, at one time we had a driver who was openly gay. He was harrased at work until he quit. I think this is wrong. Has this ever been a problem in any other center?"

that is basically exactly what i said

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I propose this question to you: What if one of the most unlikely guy in your workplace confided to you that he preferred male partners, would you treat him differently?[/QUOTE]

+1

I was tricker treating with my family today and we approached a house and my mom said "you know two gays live they're"... My response was "So"... I don't see anything wrong with it..... JMO

P

pickup

It would not surprise me to find out that there is an unwritten policy at UPS that encourages the hiring of gay people. From a purely economic standpoint, gay people are statistically less likely than straight people to become pregnant or have kids, which typically means less absenteeism issues and lost time due to maternity/paternity leave.
it would not surprise me if it were the other way around and that there is an unwritten policy to hire gay people. From a purely economic standpoint, gay people are statistically less likely than straight people to become pregnant or have kids, which typically means that if a gay union(as in teamsters) member were fired for some b.s reason, he could happily(or gayly) collect unemployment checks and wait until the arbitration hearing where he will be reinstated with back pay. A person with kids and bills to pay (one and the same aren't they?) would be more likely to beg for his job back and take a 4 day suspension with no back pay.

Also, didn't Rod won't mention, baaaaaaacckk in his day that they wouldn't make him a package driver because he was single? That was the turning point that made him propose marriage to his sweetheart and that was the key to him becoming a package driver.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
It would not surprise me to find out that there is an unwritten policy at UPS that encourages the hiring of gay people.

I believe it may be against the law to inquire about a person sexual preference. Besides, how would HR flag a potential resume? Maybe putting a "Liberace" sticky on the right hand corner?

Reminds me of a scene in the movie "Stripes". When the recruiter asks "Are any of you gay"? Harold Ramis and Bill Murray look at each other and say....no! But we are willing to learn!

I was tricker treating with my family today and we approached a house and my mom said "you know two gays live they're"... My response was "So"... I don't see anything wrong with it..... JMO

I would be more scared if a priest lived there.

P

pickup

+1

Two openly gay guys who lived together in my neighborhood years ago, and were dressed as cowboys one halloween. When kids rang the doorbell, they opened up the door and asked the kids if they would like to suck on some "jolly ranchers" ?

Needless to say, this caused some misunderstandings amongst the adults accompanying the children

Raw

Raw Member
My arse tightens up reading this post. Who cares what body cavity anyone prefers during sexy-time!! :raspberry-tounge:

whiskey

WOW guys come on...... Calm down..... ;)

We have an VERY openly gay AM sup, he is just like us all exept his hands is always in the air and he tends to have alot of dirty jokes about people up his sleeve, but he gets away with it.... I guess because he is gay and open about it.....
How long has UPS been in Scandinavia? I thought that was all DHL.