President Obama!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Dip:censored2:---I live here and deliver to 3 schools. I know what I am talking about.
All kids receive free meals here too.
There's a provision in the NSLP regulations that says if over 75% of students qualify for free meals then they can provide them to every student regardless of income. Last I heard close to 90% of kids here qualified for free meals.

Sportello

Dip:censored2:---I live here and deliver to 3 schools. I know what I am talking about.
No need to name call. If you just would have pointed out that you live in a very depressed area, and because of that every student qualifies under the Community Eligibility Provision of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, that would have been fine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No need to name call. If you just would have pointed out that you live in a very depressed area, and because of that every student qualifies under the Community Eligibility Provision of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, that would have been fine.

I don't live in an economically depressed area. Our local schools were the recipient of a grant which funded the free breakfast/lunch program.

Perhaps you should accept the fact that others are as equally informed as you.

Sportello

I don't live in an economically depressed area. Our local schools were the recipient of a grant which funded the free breakfast/lunch program.

Perhaps you should accept the fact that others are as equally informed as you.
That is not what you said. Perhaps you should have said that, instead of this:

In New York public schools everyone is eligible for the free breakfast and lunch program regardless of income. The only requirement is that they must select 3 different food items and are required to pay if they choose fewer than 3.

Because that is not a true statement.

It is true that well over 10 million children nationwide get free or reduced price meals.

I checked for my school district and others I've lived in. None are available for district wide free meals. At any rate, we pay about $3b/year for the program, nationwide. I bet we go through that many Hellfires a month.

Why wouldn't we want to do everything thing you can to hopefully get a healthy, intelligent populace?

It's not a mandatory program. You can still have breakfast with your children/grandchildren and pack their lunch. They aren't forced to eat.

Sportello

That's not "life".....that's "extortion".

Homie.
No one forces you to play the game. You go can off the grid or leave this country for someplace more to your liking.

Myself, I think this place has the best value given the cost, both monetarily and socially (for lack of a better word).

YMMV

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The irony is that this all started because a local municipality decided to protect trans-gendered rights within it's city limits, and conservative BIG government in the state capital blocked them from governing themselves.

Now those same conservatives are crying that the BIG government in the national capital is blocking them from governing themselves on the exact same issue. Seems to me they just want to have all the power no matter what, it's their way or nothing.

I'd say they deserve to be in this situation.

trickpony1

Withholding federal money if schools don't convert to transgender is extortion.

Imposing a fine if a person doesn't purchase Obamacare is extortion.

I know it's difficult for some to understand this.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Withholding money means the school free lunch programs will suffer.....Michelle's restrictions to those lunches will go down the disposal.......that's the good part of Obama's mad decrees!