Procedure regarding co-worker passing out?

MORDNEDS

If he was drooling, don't touch, leave area, notify supervisor.... In all honestly if an employee told me there was someone passed out i would call emt's

65Goat

When I first started at UPS in the 80's, we had a driver whose wife had been in an accident. When he got in that night there was a note on the timeclock informing him that his wife was in an accident along with a contact number. Luckily she was OK, but after that I knew what kind of people I was dealing with. They put UPS in front of God, family and country.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Benben.... may I ask what field of study your "doctorate" is in and what your dissertation entails?

MD, DO and DC do not do dissertations. Research papers/studies yes but not dissertations and before you ask, yes, I am published in more than 1 journal and trade rag. I have my DC with added qualifications as a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician. full title if it matters to you DC, CCSP, MT, CSCS

I still stand by my belief that most people will recognize a true emergency and call 911 when warranted.

Re-Raise

MD, DO and DC do not do dissertations. Research papers/studies yes but not dissertations and before you ask, yes, I am published in more than 1 journal and trade rag. I have my DC with added qualifications as a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician. full title if it matters to you DC, CCSP, MT, CSCS

Isn't that just a little above massage therapist?

InsideUPS

Re: Procedure regarding co-worker passing out?
Originally Posted by InsideUPS
Benben.... may I ask what field of study your "doctorate" is in and what your dissertation entails?

Isn't that just a little above massage therapist?

Re-Raise....this guy Benben is so full of BS.... His story changes and edits all along this thread. He first posted and then deleted the following : Notice how he is an EMT....then goes to a Junior College to get his "doctorate"? (Press Print for your DC Certificate)
Originally Posted by Benben
Benben said:
If altered mental process' warrented a 911 call everytime, we'd never have a single truck dispatched from any UPS center EVER! I know what you felt, I have been through it more than once. It drove me to get my EMT license at night at a local JUCO while taking 26 hours that trimester getting my doctorate

When I ask him what his "doctorate" was in, he comes back as a DC.... in traditional colleges like I attended, believe me... a doctorate degree required a dissertation... From Wiki: A thesis or dissertation[SUP][1][/SUP] is a document submitted in support of candidature for an academic degree or professional qualification presenting the author's research and findings.[SUP][2][/SUP] In some countries/universities, the word "thesis" or a cognate is used as part of a bachelor's or master's course, while "dissertation" is normally applied to a doctorate, while in others, the reverse is true.[SUP][3][/SUP]

Enough said in this thread........ Call 911​

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Inside **********************. You really need to get a clue. The above degrees require one to have finished a, "traditional college's," undergrad education. Once accepted into the post-grad school your are placed into the curriculium that is set in stone. We did not have the, "2 years" warming up for our "paper" while teaching 3 undergrad classes and then another 2 years to actually write the damn thing. We were in class and in labs from 7am till 4 or 5:30. The final year is mostly clinicals for all 3 professions so the hours changed a bit. You are confussing professional doctorates with PHD's.

EMT is a liscense issued by the state after passing a "test." I use that term losely. To "qualify" to sit that exam all you need to do is take a 3 hour college class offered at just about any JUCO. I took my class at night while doing my second year in Chiropractic school.

If you doubt what I say please go talk to any MD, DO or DC.***************************************************************************

Last edited by a moderator: