Putting in My Letter of Intent

I totally understand that going into management is not for everyone. However there are a lot more opportunities in management that just ORS, center manager or DM but you need to get your foot in the door for those opportunities to open up. Also you need to understand what most management jobs really are. They are managing operations not trying to invent a new and improved wheel.
What you need to realize is that you won't be making decisions. You will be work as directed like you are now. Managements hands are tied. Not like it was 10 yrs ago.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What you need to realize is that you won't be making decisions. You will be work as directed like you are now. Managements hands are tied. Not like it was 10 yrs ago.
That is true to some extent but you do get to make many more decisions than a driver.
Many, many times more!
Operations management's job is to implement and control well defined goals and processes.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

A typical college degree only shows that someone is willing to sit through four more years of school after high school and usually without any true focus. Nowadays it's better to get a degree that includes actual job training.

At UPS a college degree doesn't mean squat in package but they pretend it does. A Degree of Metrics Manipulation and Employee/Customer Deceit would be good if it actually existed.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The best part for a loader is when the car next to it is full. The supervisor comes down and says shove the excess in the car next to it.

Their excuse is the driver can pick it up later. I just do what I am told. Same thing when we have to put erregs in when the car is full.