Questions about driving

No flaming taken - valid questions, I think.

Bid List or Kindness of CMs heart? There was a bid list (My name went on everything) AND I bugged everyone and told them I wanted to go. Don't know which, either, or both got me to school.

No others from my center were at the school at the same time. However, guy I've been following, my "mentor" if you will, went 2 weeks before I did and DID NOT pass (talked about it on this forum). Another was offered after I went, he did not pass the online testing/qualification
Then it would be my guess that there was two spots open for driving and you were #2 on the list. The third guy you mentioned was going to be taken because the first guy didn't pass.
In our center is a lower senior person on a bid sheet gets the call, you can take it to the bank that it will be grieved and the lower senior will not go at that point. I do realize that in some centers the contract is mostly ignored and the stewards are either "in bed" with management and don't follow through or they are just that week. Congratulations on passing the ordeal . I hope it turns out to be what you want/need it to be.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Then it would be my guess that there was two spots open for driving and you were #2 on the list. The third guy you mentioned was going to be taken because the first guy didn't pass.
In our center is a lower senior person on a bid sheet gets the call, you can take it to the bank that it will be grieved and the lower senior will not go at that point. I do realize that in some centers the contract is mostly ignored and the stewards are either "in bed" with management and don't follow through or they are just that week. Congratulations on passing the ordeal . I hope it turns out to be what you want/need it to be.

I understand what you are saying, and it makes sense. However, I really have not thought about the how, just happy that it has happened, and I appreciate your thoughts.

Theichii

I work in a bonus center. Drivers who haven't gained seniority yet aren't able to make bonus. Are you making bonus ? If not i think I would slow down a little. Being the best (fastest) in your center won't be as important to you 15 years from now. I said it before I'll say it again..this job is a marathon not a sprint.

I don't make bonus yet, as i'm still a cover driver but, since i'm guaranteed 8 hours, i'm good with it

Re-Raise

:happy2:

3. Look inside yourself for a second. Don't worry, it won't take too long. Ask yourself why you have to post the type of response you have. Is your life really that empty that you gain worth by stomping on others?

I took your advice and "looked inside myself". It didn't take long. I think our troubles all stem from my childhood.

I figured out that you remind me too much of Scooby Doo's little nephew Scrappy Doo. You remember him don't you? He was the little dog who never really did much but kept running around saying "let me at em","let me at em".

That little mutt ruined my favorite cartoon, and now I am taking it out on you. My therapist calls it misplaced anger. Wow do I feel better now

Another question for you not to answer. On this thread alone you post in the morning, evening , middle of the night and middle of the day, when is your shift?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I've got to tell you guys that I love all of these posts. I've been a driver for almost 9 yrs. Have a bid route. Pull a TP60 and deliver on the avg 400 pkgs@120 stops a day. I started on the unload and started driving, not full time mind you, after about 22 days. I made myself available when others couldn't be. I waited 3 years for full time and I love my job. This is the hardest I have ever worked. I've had over 30 jobs in my life and this is by far the hardest, but at the same time the most enjoyable. So while I have been a UPS'er for 12 + years I would never ever assume that I know everything. All I know is what I know from my own experience, which just paralells everyone else on here. So why post stuff about what's in someone else's mind when we all have our own stuff going on in here. The fact of the matter is all of UPS is under contract. You wait your turn and take a try. Pass or fail you do it till you make it of quit trying. You have obviously made it to cover driver BBAG. Congrats. Now stay accident free and be nice to your customers and maybe one day when you have your own route you'll enjoy that too.

I also know who Harriet Tubman is and started this job at 30. I don't have many posts because I like to read and find some of your comments hilarious. Hilarious to the point where I have to turn to the wife and tell her what is so funny. Anyways, nuff said. Good luck BBAG.

Re-Raise

The fact of the matter is all of UPS is under contract. You wait your turn and take a try. Pass or fail you do it till you make it of quit trying. You have obviously made it to cover driver BBAG. Congrats. Now stay accident free and be nice to your customers and maybe one day when you have your own route you'll enjoy that too.

Absolutely. I don't care if you are married to the CEO 's daughter if I sign a bid sheet and have more seniority then you , I drive before you. I also bid routes before you, pick my vacations before you, have first choice of optional days and first choice for extra work. Anyone who has been at UPS any time at all knows this. Maybe Scrappy works at a center that has a really high turnover rate or something but just because he tells people he wants to drive ain't gonna get it done.

He asked me if I was mad because people like him pass me by. Huh.

You can't pass a driver by. Going Where?

I also don' t think he is driving ground because he posted at 10 a.m. today.

Maybe his center manager is stringing him along. My Christmas helper thoght he was going to drive soon too. I just let him think so, it made him work harder.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My old helper is actually the lowest seniority guy in my building. He was the best helper ever, never a day with less than 3hrs bonus for me, Ha Ha. He know what that means now and still thinks it was great. Cover driver is actually a pre driver not a full time driver at all. I don't understand his remark about being guaranteed 8 hrs. Maybe in a day but not everyday. No biggie though, because, one day bbag will be a great full time driver and I'm sure a statue will be erected in his honor. Right next to Mr. Casey.:happy-very:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Absolutely. I don't care if you are married to the CEO 's daughter if I sign a bid sheet and have more seniority then you , I drive before you. I also bid routes before you, pick my vacations before you, have first choice of optional days and first choice for extra work. Anyone who has been at UPS any time at all knows this. Maybe Scrappy works at a center that has a really high turnover rate or something but just because he tells people he wants to drive ain't gonna get it done.

He asked me if I was mad because people like him pass me by. Huh.

You can't pass a driver by. Going Where?

I also don' t think he is driving ground because he posted at 10 a.m. today.

Maybe his center manager is stringing him along. My Christmas helper thoght he was going to drive soon too. I just let him think so, it made him work harder.

You are either not reading my posts (perhaps someone elses?) or you have a reading comprehension problem.

You caught me - I posted 10am today. Damn, I hate when I am found out. Someday, they will make computer that don't have to be plugged into 110v sockets, that don't need a dial up connection (Althouh I'm going to circut city tomorrow to pick up one of them there newfangled 2400 baud modems they just came out with)

Come on, even you are smarter than that.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
My old helper is actually the lowest seniority guy in my building. He was the best helper ever, never a day with less than 3hrs bonus for me, Ha Ha. He know what that means now and still thinks it was great. Cover driver is actually a pre driver not a full time driver at all. I don't understand his remark about being guaranteed 8 hrs. Maybe in a day but not everyday. No biggie though, because, one day bbag will be a great full time driver and I'm sure a statue will be erected in his honor. Right next to Mr. Casey.:happy-very:

And you are DEFINATELY reading someone elses. Never posted about guaranteed hours anywhere, ever.

Mike Hawk

You are either not reading my posts (perhaps someone elses?) or you have a reading comprehension problem.

You caught me - I posted 10am today. Damn, I hate when I am found out. Someday, they will make computer that don't have to be plugged into 110v sockets, that don't need a dial up connection (Althouh I'm going to circut city tomorrow to pick up one of them there newfangled 2400 baud modems they just came out with)

I do hope this wonder device will fit on my lap, if it ever gets made.

Re-Raise

Scrappy please, are you telling me you take a lap top to post on Brown Cafe while you are a probationary driver learning a route. Are you kidding me? If you were running a route we would already have heard every detail of how much below scratch you are running, and how all the people break into applause each time you deliver a pkg.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You're right BBAG/Scrappy, you never said you were guaranteed 8 hrs. So tell us, are you a cover driver? An air driver? A pre-loader that waits around the building to see if any work is available? What are you? Just want to know so that I can get a good night sleep.:whiteflag:

Re-Raise

You're right BBAG/Scrappy, you never said you were guaranteed 8 hrs. So tell us, are you a cover driver? An air driver? A pre-loader that waits around the building to see if any work is available? What are you? Just want to know so that I can get a good night sleep.:whiteflag:

Steve he is The Chosen One of which the oracle foretold.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I'm a troll. You're right. I'm wrong. You win. I'm 16 years old, and I work at McDonalds. Sorry to waste so much of your time, sorry sorry sorry.

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do? Even Upstate got tired of the jabbing after a while.

Re-Raise

I'm a troll. You're right. I'm wrong. You win. I'm 16 years old, and I work at McDonalds. Sorry to waste so much of your time, sorry sorry sorry.

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do? Even Upstate got tired of the jabbing after a while.

Dude I know you are not a troll or anything I just think you need to come off that high-horse you are riding. Why do you have to convince us you are on such a fast track. If it works out quickly for you great, but why predict it.

You may be in a center with really high turnover, why not say how many drivers openings there are. You always say really vague things like the contract doesn't apply to you.

I believe you went to driver's school, but how many other part-timers in your center have been there also?

If you really were next to drive it would be huge that the guy in front of you failed, you just say it like it doesn't matter.

Everyone who has ever gone from part-time to full-time in my center has bid on it. Unless you are designated an outside hire by going management first that is just how it is. They may be DQ ed but they get to try.

As special as you may be that is just how it is.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
... If it works out quickly for you great, but why predict it.

You always say really vague things like the contract doesn't apply to you.

As special as you may be that is just how it is.

You seriously have not comprehended any of my posts. This is not an insult, not a put-down. I seriously don't think you have read my posts.

In all of my posts, I state what HAS happened, not what will. I have not once "predicted" anything.

Maybe this will make it more clear - I love my fellow man, yadda yadda yadda, I help where I can, I don't step on anyone. I DON'T CARE what the process is, should be, or could be. Do I know of anyone that I have caused a grievable offense on? No. I'm not doing anything every other person in the center could not do themselves.

A (very) few people were very helpful when I first started posting here - they said get on the lists, seniority or not. Let your intentions be known. Push. I did, I got what I want. I'm very happy with it. I could not care less abouit how you feel about it.

Now you can say that is not fair, not possible, I suck, all you want. I have never said anywhere here is what I WILL do, I have only ever posted my experiences on this forum of what HAS transpired. Perhaps you have read other's responses to my posts, where they misinterpreted what I said then responded to those errors, I don't know. I also don't care.

Now, if the above makes you want to again question everything, call me arrogant, call me a liar, just fight, then please just ignore everything I said above, and insert the following - I am a liar, a 14 year old troll kid who works at McD's, and I am not worth your time

Re-Raise

So you post every detail of your driver's training class but you have nothing to say about your new route. The new route that you got in 4 months. RIGGHHTT.

What'dyabringmetoday???

So you post every detail of your driver's training class but you have nothing to say about your new route. The new route that you got in 4 months. RIGGHHTT.
I never enjoyed talking about delivery routes, but I just love talking about my feeder run. I highly recommend this avenue, not only for bbag, but for you folks with seniority as well. I almost feel guilty when I look at my check.:surprised::surprised:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Tell me what you want me to say, I'll say it, you will "win" and we can allow this fine to be what it is supposed to be - a souce for commentary, information, and communication. Please PM me so we don't clog up the board with this crap. 1