Sammie made it!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by stevetheupsguy, May 3, 2009.

1. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Our most senior driver retired Friday. Though there was no big announcement/ceremony, there was a cake and some food. Good Luck, Sammie!:peaceful: If you look at the picture closely, you'll see Sammie's face.
    100_9427.jpg

2. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Congrats to Sammie :happy2:

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Did not realize Sammie was in your center or that she had been around that long.

4. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

LOL.....Thought he meant Sammie the poster was comingt to visit him

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  5. evilleace

evilleace Member

All right congrats to sammy

6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

congrats Sammie.

7. City Driver

City Driver New Member

congratulations, cant wait to be in your shoes sammie

8. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

It takes a very special person to do 35 years at UPS. I'd love to shake his hand!
    Congratulations Sammie- the next 35 will seem like a walk in the park.

9. wisedragonfly

wisedragonfly New Member

Congatulations, Sammie! :congrats:

10. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

We had a driver retire last week with 28 years. The PCM was all about him. We had a sheet cake, fruit, and water for everybody. Jesse, the driver, got some parting gifts of a blue UPS shirt, UPS pen set, UPS back pack, UPS coffee cup. loafers, a steakhouse gift card and a plaque from our Center Manager. Our Business Agent from Local 728 gave him a Local 728 Retiree bumper sticker and a watch.

I thought this was cool, it has been several years since somebody retired out of my Center. The last guy retired a couple of years ago and got a sheet cake one morning about three months later. My current center manager deserves a lot of credit for this, he knew Jessie for over 25 years and wanted to make sure he was recognized. Someof us chipped in a few bucks for the cause. Jesse is a Marine Viet Nam vet, and has had several knee surgeries the last few years and has suffered a lot of pain since. He is a great guy and will be missed at work.

11. rod

rod retired and happy

Congradulations Sammie---------------now go burn those old brown clothes and don't look back:peaceful: (its nice to see some centers still have a management team that takes the time to show their appreciation of a job well done)

12. RockyRogue

RockyRogue Agent of Change

That Sammie spent a career at UPS, mostly in management. She told me how long she was a UPS'er but I forget now. She's been retired for a couple years now and lives in the Denver-area. We tried to connect a couple times to share stories about UPS but it just never worked out :dissapointed:. -Rocky

13. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

I hear there a guy in Germany looking to buy old uniforms:happy-very:

14. rod

rod retired and happy

Mine all went up in smoke at my retirement party:wink2:

15. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

LOL, yeah, what are they gonna do if Sammie sells his uniforms, fire him?!?!?!

16. Sammie

Sammie Well-Known Member

Well, bless his little heart! 35 years. Hope you gave Sammie a big hug and kiss from his namesake! :laughing:
    I'd like to have gone the 35 years, but apparently that was not to be....Made it to 30 tho! And even if there was no plaque or parade
    in my honor, I did walk out with something rather unique.... (Couldn't
    take a decent pix of it thru the plastic cover and still not sure what
    the heck it is as I never broke the seal to take a closer look.)

Just another of life's splendid mysteries!

package car 004.jpg

17. stevetheupsguy

A crystal ball? I did give Sammie a firm handshake and a hug, but you'll have to do the puckering up, as these lips are reserved for the wife.:wink2:

18. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

happiness yes,I don't know about the health part.

19. stevetheupsguy

20. speeddemon

speeddemon Guest

Go sammie go!!!