Saturday hours?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 10 2 go, Nov 22, 2014.

1. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

There are 4 Saturday 's in December. Do any of you think we will be working any of them?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If needed? Yes.

3. 3 done 3 to go

I think we will be working atleast 2. Maybe 3. We are already behind with Buffalo being shut down for 3 days. It is only going to snowball from there

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I don't work weekends.

5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

They will be in Buffalo!

6. 3 done 3 to go

Haven't worked Saturday in years. If I have any hours left. I will work it. I can't remember. Is it time and a half? Or, double time?

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Time and a half.

Buffalo ran a twi sort on Friday and word is we should be all caught up by Thanksgiving.

8. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Only thing im working on saturday morning is that pillow on my face lol. Hitting 60 hours on friday night so freak that nonsense of working on a saturday. Who the hell would want to work saturdays during peak after getting beat down like a dog all week. Saturday and sunday is rest time.

9. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

They got me tapped out already this week with 58 hours. At least it can't get any worse as we get into the bulk of peak for me.
    No chance in hell I would have any hours available for a sixth day of work.

10. tadpole

tadpole Member

If you have hours left, can they tell you you are working Saturday? Or do they ask you?

11. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Offer from the top down.
    Then force from the bottom up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

THATS WHY YOU HIT 60 BY FRIDAY NIGHT.

13. 50 by Friday and say "go pound sand" for Saturday!

14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Dont blame ya but if it ever came down to it and if my some crazy shiznitt they had everybody work mandatory, whoever had hours left, youd be screwed on that deal. But with the years you got in i think your pretty safe PUNKASCZZ lol.

15. Go ahead,make my day. Force me In on a Saturday!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Mike hunt

Mike hunt Guest

Maybe maybe not. I heard about Sunday the 21st as a possible work day.

17. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Once again like I said make sure you run out of hours on Friday night. I really don't think there's any way possible they can make you work on a Sunday delivering n I wouldn't think they would try n do that but hey ya never know with these idiots lol.

18. Sure they could,try. Your 34 hour clock ,would be reset. No work on xmas day (unless we drop the ball again) So you would not run out of hours Xmas week.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

In my local, we can only be forced to work a Sunday under emergency conditions...most likely weather. We worked 7 days a week after Hurricane Sandy but I'm not under the dot rules either.

20. Mike hunt

Mike hunt Guest

They can't really force anyone to do anything if they aren't punched in.