Second official day of peak

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Our satellite drivers pull as far as they need to do give the driver their board and pick up pieces. They then deliver the rest and call the OMS with dr locations and such.

Yep, break off to drop pickups in the trailer and back to work. Our guys used two boards and alternated them.

novadriver

can you get disciplined for not being in before 8pm with a helper? i had 430 pieces with like 30-40 irregs that i left on the slide so i had enough room to start digging my in, 2 drivers took 15 stops off me and then i ended up having to retrace my route to deliver the stuff i left on slide after they brought them to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To answer your question-----if you are directed to be in and off the clock by 8 pm and you fail to comply with that directive you can be disciplined for failure to work as directed.

PT Car Washer

To answer your question-----if you are directed to be in and off the clock by 8 pm and you fail to comply with that directive you can be disciplined for failure to work as directed.
You will receive a verbal warning to not let it happen again or you will receive a second verbal warning. You should be shaking in your boots.

upschuck

can you get disciplined for not being in before 8pm with a helper? i had 430 pieces with like 30-40 irregs that i left on the slide so i had enough room to start digging my in, 2 drivers took 15 stops off me and then i ended up having to retrace my route to deliver the stuff i left on slide after they brought them to me.
Take your lunch, and message in a bit before you need to start heading in with the number of missed to get in by 8, and as long as you messaged in earlier(3-5pm) that you needed help, they can do nothing to you.

novadriver

Take your lunch, and message in a bit before you need to start heading in with the number of missed to get in by 8, and as long as you messaged in earlier(3-5pm) that you needed help, they can do nothing to you.
my sup is the one who brought the pkgs i left in building, i toldem id do my best to be back before 8, i got in by 830

novadriver

my sup said, "i sent you two people to take stops off you and this is what you do?" i told him if they didnt take the stops off id be in by 10. he didnt like that. i try and do my best, and i walk those pkgs off fast as i can but its never good enough for ups lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I just ignore their helper hour rules. They set up the helper to start at 11:00 AM, I tell him the next day I will meet him at my 1st stop and keep him to the last stop. Just ignore them.
Same. I was "authorized" for 6.5 helper hours today. Worked him 10 hours.

PT Car Washer

my sup said, "i sent you two people to take stops off you and this is what you do?" i told him if they didnt take the stops off id be in by 10. he didnt like that. i try and do my best, and i walk those pkgs off fast as i can but its never good enough for ups lol
Guess what? Your sup sat in the office all day doing just about nothing and then his Center manager jumped him because of this and that. Don't even give it a second thought. Tomorrow is another day and whatever happened today is forgotten. Unless you really do suck. Then we don't need you.