Sorts shutting down

PT Car Washer

22.2 jobs or 22.3 jobs?

....not that it matters, but just curious.
22.2 jobs not being filled plus lay offs while delivery drivers being forced to help in the car wash after returning to the building because the car wash is short. The companies answer is they need to reduce hours in the car wash. Doing more with less.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
After 46 years, I think I have earned it. No comment on laying off FT car washers and having delivery drivers do our work after they come off the road?
Besides "extra work" in some areas, where in the contract does it state that any part-time position is guaranteed from replacement by a full-timer?
The company is not replacing PT jobs. Only FT car wash jobs replaced by delivery drivers for extra work.

22.2 jobs not being filled plus lay offs while delivery drivers being forced to help in the car wash after returning to the building because the car wash is short. The companies answer is they need to reduce hours in the car wash. Doing more with less.
If all of this is true, and there are full-time employees in your car wash.

....and you are in the Central Region as you have continuously asserted,

....then there should not be a single @PT Car Washer working in your building.

Screenshot_20231022_223729_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

PT Car Washer

If all of this is true, and there are full-time employees in your car wash.

....and you are in the Central Region as you have continuously asserted,

....then there should not be a single @PT Car Washer working in your building.

View attachment 451504
Art 3 Sec 5 in the Central States Supplement says "Total company sonority will be used when staffing reductions are necessary within a work area that consist of full time and part time employees."

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Art 3 Sec 5 in the Central States Supplement says "Total company sonority will be used when staffing reductions are necessary within a work area that consist of full time and part time employees."
Right, which means you can exercise your seniority to bump into the sort, not continue to drive vehicles as a part-time carwasher.

PT Car Washer

The language that was highlighted is the "clear and plain" meaning.... not an interpretation.
We have had PT car washers for close to 50 years and at no time has the article been interpreted this way. More interested on your take of forcing delivery drivers to finish up their day working in the car wash while FT car washers are layed off.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
22.2 jobs not being filled

How does that happen ?

Section 2.

"The number of permanent full-time inside jobs in each Local Union area as of April 30, 1979, shall be guaranteed from replacement by part-time employees. In addition, the number of permanent full- time inside jobs created after April 30, 1979, under the provisions of Section 3 will also be guaranteed from replacement by part-time employees"

You leave me scratching my head.... wondering if your Local has ever read the contract ?

PT Car Washer

How does that happen ?

Section 2.

"The number of permanent full-time inside jobs in each Local Union area as of April 30, 1979, shall be guaranteed from replacement by part-time employees. In addition, the number of permanent full- time inside jobs created after April 30, 1979, under the provisions of Section 3 will also be guaranteed from replacement by part-time employees"

You leave me scratching my head.... wondering if your Local has ever read the contract ?
Reported to be on disability yet he has collected his pension checks. What is the use of filling a job and laying off bid winner and forcing delivery drivers to do their job because we are short handed? You seem to dance around this question.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We have had PT car washers for close to 50 years and at no time has the article been interpreted this way.

Are you talking about Article 3 sec 5..... Or, the language specific to the carwash employees ?

More interested on your take of forcing delivery drivers to finish up their day working in the car wash while FT car washers are layed off.

If they are under 8 hrs.... the company could assign them work to fulfill their guarantee.

The full-time car washers have to be 22.3.... not 22.2

Who is even washing pkg cars anymore ? We have one building (an actual hub) that has 4 wash tunnels

and the only vehicles that get washed are feeders. The occasional pkg driver that runs in the country might

wash their vehicle once a week ? The only thing car washers do now.... is set the car line up.

PT Car Washer

Are you talking about Article 3 sec 5..... Or, the language specific to the carwash employees ?

If they are under 8 hrs.... the company could assign them work to fulfill their guarantee.

The full-time car washers have to be 22.3.... not 22.2

Who is even washing pkg cars anymore ? We have one building (an actual hub) that has 4 wash tunnels

and the only vehicles that get washed are feeders. The occasional pkg driver that runs in the country might

wash their vehicle once a week ? The only thing car washers do now.... is set the car line up.
The only thing the company wants us to do right now is the car line up and taking package cars to the primary to be unloaded. We only have 1 22.3 car wash/midnight and she is still working along with 2 PT car washers. The companies excuse for 22.2 lay offs is because they need to reduce hours while they use delivery drivers on OT because we are short handed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The only thing the company wants us to do right now is the car line up and taking package cars to the primary to be unloaded. We only have 1 22.3 car wash/midnight and she is still working along with 2 PT car washers.

That's a small building.

Now the whole air/ground driving thing is making sense.... and exactly what I thought.

The companies excuse for 22.2 lay offs is because they need to reduce hours while they use delivery drivers on OT because we are short handed.

Honest question.

Do you know the difference.... between 22.3 and 22.2 ?

Reported to be on disability yet he has collected his pension checks.

Sounds like you are guessing ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The only thing the company wants us to do right now is the car line up and taking package cars to the primary to be unloaded. We only have 1 22.3 car wash/midnight and she is still working along with 2 PT car washers. The companies excuse for 22.2 lay offs is because they need to reduce hours while they use delivery drivers on OT because we are short handed.
This makes zero sense, but if it's true, there is a large amount of free money laying around in that building.

....and a couple of new 22.3 jobs that have been created due to 30 in 90 scenarios.

PT Car Washer

He obviously doesn't if he believes that someone with a full-time seniority date prior to 1979 is somehow laid off?

For sure.
The laid off FT car washer has the least seniority among all of us. I guess we are a small Hub in relation to other Hubs in the country but the largest in the state. Where does the 1979 seniority date come from? I never said anything about seniority dates.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The laid off FT car washer has the least seniority among all of us. I guess we are a small Hub in relation to other Hubs in the country but the largest in the state. Where does the 1979 seniority date come from? I never said anything about seniority dates.
I was referring to the 22.2 language as being full-time inside jobs in existence since 1979, but I suppose many may have been rebid since then.

In my buildings, you need a minimum of 30 full-time years to win one and would for sure push out any part-timer (especially one like you who isn't supposed to be there anyway) before being laid off.

Staydryitsraining

How does that happen ?

Section 2.

You and anyone who entertains this shill after the things it says leaves me scratching my head.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You and anyone who entertains this shill after the things it says leaves me scratching my head.
He actually brings to light things that are swept under the carpet in some areas that need to be exposed.

....and in the process he may ultimately expose himself and be swallowed up once and for all in multiple grievances.

If he was running his game in my building when I was a steward, I would have made a ton of money....and I made a bunch as it is.