Sorts shutting down

muthatrucka

Don't you have local elections every three years?
When its convenient they do. Our local has gone downhill lately, they side with the company on nearly every issue. We have lost most of our volume to other hubs and our building looks like its being shut down. Managment is leaving for new smart hubs while the rest of us are left to wonder whats happening.

muthatrucka

Then you would know every Local is required to hold elections every 3 years.

Right.... ?
We don't always do what's required now do we? Full time employees are required 8 hrs a day... unless a part-timer has more building senority. Grievances are required to be reviewed... unless there are thousands of hrs of grievances backed up and they just haven't had the time. I really don't know when we had a local election last. I don't retain information thats not important to me, until it is. Our jobs are being threatened, so now I'm interested.

We don't always do what's required now do we? Full time employees are required 8 hrs a day... unless a part-timer has more building senority. Grievances are required to be reviewed... unless there are thousands of hrs of grievances backed up and they just haven't had the time. I really don't know when we had a local election last. I don't retain information thats not important to me, until it is. Our jobs are being threatened, so now I'm interested.
That sucks that part-timers with more buildings and have seniority over a full-time employee

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Your contractual violation examples are apple and oranges in comparison to whether your local has elections every three years.

Every local is required by law to have an election every three years, no exceptions.

Hope this helps.

HarryWarden

Company senority overrides full time senority. If there’s lay offs, it goes by company senority in central

It’s weird how obsessed you guys are with him. You expect him to just turn down work lol.

I’ve never met so many people who think they’re so special for having one full time job lol

Company senority overrides full time senority. If there’s lay offs, it goes by company senority in central

It’s weird how obsessed you guys are with him. You expect him to just turn down work lol.

I’ve never met so many people who think they’re so special for having one full time job lol
You are like stepping on the thorn
Maybe in certain areas part time seniority means something

But for most of the country it means jack crap

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

If you are familiar with the Central Region Supplement, you will know that no 22.2 car washer in any local could possibly be truly laid off right now?

....and you should also know that there cannot possibly be a part-time car washer in any operation with full-time car washers.

We are calling :bsbullf: to :bsbullf:.

The truth almost always rises to the surface.

PT Car Washer

I'm not saying he should be laid off instead of the junior 22.2 by virtue total Company seniority.

I'm saying first, he shouldn't even be in the car wash since there are full-time car washers present since before 1979.

....and two, if someone would have to vacate a bid position, it should be @PT Car Washer that would then exercise his part-time seniority to bump into the sort somewhere.
My building did not have FT car washers until the early 90's. Before it was all PT.

PT Car Washer

What is so special about being a FT delivery driver? FedEx has them, Amazon has them, Dominos has them.

Trucker Clock

That is incorrect they still have to have an election

Incorrect. See below.

Right, but they still have to go through the nomination process, including a mail out to all members.

If nobody comes forward to be nominated, it's called a "white ballot" and no formal election is held.

....but it is required every three years.

Correct.

But some members may never realize that nobody ran against the incumbents. There was never an election for them to vote. So they think there was never an election for new representation. Because there wasn’t.