Sorts shutting down

Thebrownblob

The point was any improvement in the PT pension would cost the company very little because so few ever collect.
Sure I don’t disagree but it will also not matter since part-timers don’t vote, and the ones that do probably aren’t worried about the Pension but about more money upfront.

I think your misunderstanding about part time is that most people have no intention on staying part time their whole career, it’s a very small percentage, of people who plan on doing that. The vast majority of retirees were part time at one point, and decided to go full-time, and those people will collect both a part-time pension and a full-time pension.

PT Car Washer

Sure I don’t disagree but it will also not matter since part-timers don’t vote, and the ones that do probably aren’t worried about the Pension but about more money upfront.

I think your misunderstanding about part time is that most people have no intention on staying part time their whole career, it’s a very small percentage, of people who plan on doing that. The vast majority of retirees were part time at one point, and decided to go full-time, and those people will collect both a part-time pension and a full-time pension.
Not sure about the numbers but a lot of working mothers choose to stay PT for the benefits and extra income. Also some use the second job to supplement their FT income and the benefits. Just saying an improvement in the PT pension would be a selling point for both the company and the Union. The PT that do vote are very interested in the pension and any improvement.

PT Car Washer

The company might be cutting car wash jobs. Cheaper to go back to drivers gassing up and running thru the wash.
They have been trying in my building this year. Been laying off a FT washer and haven't filled a retired washers job yet. At the same time the company is forcing delivery drivers to work in the wash after they return to the building. Crazy times.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They have been trying in my building this year. Been laying off a FT washer and haven't filled a retired washers job yet. At the same time the company is forcing delivery drivers to work in the wash after they return to the building. Crazy times.
Just drive thru it. What's so difficult?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
After 46 years, I think I have earned it. No comment on laying off FT car washers and having delivery drivers do our work after they come off the road?
Besides "extra work" in some areas, where in the contract does it state that any part-time position is guaranteed from replacement by a full-timer?