Sorts shutting down

PT Car Washer

I was referring to the 22.2 language as being full-time inside jobs in existence since 1979, but I suppose many may have been rebid since then.

In my buildings, you need a minimum of 30 full-time years to win one and would for sure push out any part-timer (especially one like you who isn't supposed to be there anyway) before being laid off.
I have been in the car wash for over 30 years. Another 15 years in other PT jobs. How is someone with only 30 years going to bump me?

PT Car Washer

He actually brings to light things that are swept under the carpet in some areas that need to be exposed.

....and in the process he may ultimately expose himself and be swallowed up once and for all in multiple grievances.

If he was running his game in my building when I was a steward, I would have made a ton of money....and I made a bunch as it is.
I guess talk is cheap.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have been in the car wash for over 30 years. Another 15 years in other PT jobs. How is someone with only 30 years going to bump me?
Easily, by virtue of their classification, full-time verses part-time.

....you lose.

You don't have to think it's right or just, but it is contractually correct.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I mean, there is language in the central that prevents FT from bumping you if they have less company seniority. Dunno where these guys are coming from.
I'm not saying he should be laid off instead of the junior 22.2 by virtue total Company seniority.

I'm saying first, he shouldn't even be in the car wash since there are full-time car washers present since before 1979.

....and two, if someone would have to vacate a bid position, it should be @PT Car Washer that would then exercise his part-time seniority to bump into the sort somewhere.

Trucker Clock

What's your location ?

Tell us that and we can handle it from there.

There can't be too many Locals.... that have 67 year old PT'ers with over 40 years.

I think I see him.

PTCW.jpg

muthatrucka

You have "been told" a lot of things (according to you) that aren't true.

....like using air drivers for ground deliveries is okay in order to keep supervisor ls from working.
Our business agent agrees with him. We have full time drivers laid off while part timers with more building senority keep working. Times have changed in a lot of places, and we are finding out the hard way. Contractors pull empties while drivers sit at home. Money talks and we work for 2 companies, both of which only want more profit.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our business agent agrees with him. We have full time drivers laid off while part timers with more building senority keep working. Times have changed in a lot of places, and we are finding out the hard way. Contractors pull empties while drivers sit at home. Money talks and we work for 2 companies, both of which only want more profit.
Don't you have local elections every three years?