Sorts shutting down

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Correct.

But some members may never realize that nobody ran against the incumbents. There was never an election for them to vote. So they think there was never an election for new representation. Because there wasn’t.
Again a mailing is required to each individual member, as well as a posting in every workplace announcing the election, complete with time and place of nominations and detailed instructions for potential candidates.

If they didn't know, they didn't want to know.

....which is more than likely the case, as this guy clearly illustrated.
I really don't know when we had a local election last. I don't retain information thats not important to me, until it is. Our jobs are being threatened, so now I'm interested.

PT Car Washer

I'm not saying he should be laid off instead of the junior 22.2 by virtue total Company seniority.

I'm saying first, he shouldn't even be in the car wash since there are full-time car washers present since before 1979.

....and two, if someone would have to vacate a bid position, it should be @PT Car Washer that would then exercise his part-time seniority to bump into the sort somewhere.
The real issue is forcing delivery drivers to work in the car wash while there are FT car washers on lay off.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The real issue is forcing delivery drivers to work in the car wash while there are FT car washers on lay off.
No, the real issue is that you are there as a part-timer.

....and even if they were truly laid off, why they agreed to it verses bumping into the sorts.

The Company is not required to maintain a car wash, btw....many buildings don't.

Trucker Clock

Again a mailing is required to each individual member, as well as a posting in every workplace announcing the election, complete with time and place of nominations and detailed instructions for potential candidates.

If they didn't know, they didn't want to know.

....which is more than likely the case, as this guy clearly illustrated.

Exactly what I was referring to. Muthatrucka said he didn't know when the last time they has an election.

Because they didn't. Nobody ran against the incumbents forcing an election. He ignored the mailings about the upcoming elections and what you need to do to run against the them.

We were like that for 15 years. Nobody had the guts to run against the incumbents. They had been in power way too long but used that power to intimidate anyone thinking of running against them.

PT Car Washer

No, the real issue is that you are there as a part-timer.

....and even if they were truly laid off, why they agreed to it verses bumping into the sorts.

The Company is not required to maintain a car wash, btw....many buildings don't.
I'm not the one being laid off. They were offered the choice of working one of the sorts but why is the company forcing delivery drivers to work the car wash on OT while FT car washers are laid off?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm not the one being laid off. They were offered the choice of working one of the sorts but why is the company forcing delivery drivers to work the car wash on OT while FT car washers are laid off?
If that's the case, they are improperly laid off (instead of you) and elected to take the layoff rather than exercise their right to bump.

....and again, the Company is of no obligation to use part-time employees anytime for anything (including the car wash).

They do so because they are entitled to at a discount price, but if they want to pay more, they are free to.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
My liver is shutting down
🧔‍♂️✊
images (3).jpeg

HarryWarden

....and again, the Company is of no obligation to use part-time employees anytime for anything (including the car wash).

They do so because they are entitled to at a discount price, but if they want to pay more, they are free to.
Why should he have been laid off? He has more senority than them. Company senority prevails, it doesn’t matter if you’re part time or full time. If a part timer has been with the company longer than a full timer has, they have more senority

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why should he have been laid off? He has more senority than them. Company senority prevails, it doesn’t matter if you’re part time or full time. If a part timer has been with the company longer than a full timer has, they have more senority
Screenshot_20231022_223729_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

First of all, he never should have been a @PT Car Washer when full-time employees are working in the carwash.

Then, if anyone was laid off after the music stopped, it would be no one involved in this scenario.

It would be the lowest seniority part-timer.

But to answer your question, he shouldn't have been laid off, rather pushed into the sort.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231025_220926_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20231025_220926_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    669.1 KB · Views: 29