Television

oldngray

nowhere special
He tried his hand at standup, but that flopped......just acting lazy & stupid on Pawn Stars is doing him just fine. He is an expert when it comes to collectible shoes.
I like the show....mostly to hear Rick exhale loudly, kind of a sigh, when people say how much they want for their stuff.

What those people are really saying is how bad they want to get cheated. All fake anyway.

rod

Retired 22 years
He tried his hand at standup, but that flopped......just acting lazy & stupid on Pawn Stars is doing him just fine. He is an expert when it comes to collectible shoes.
I like the show....mostly to hear Rick exhale loudly, kind of a sigh, when people say how much they want for their stuff.

I always roll my eyes when some idiot grandson or daughter brings in a family heirloom to get a few bucks for some stupid reason. Its a lesson to everyone. Eventually everything you treasure from your past will be sold at a garage sale or estate sale by someone who don't care---just wants the cash.

rod

Retired 22 years
I like Gold Rush but its stupid that every episode they make it sound like "this is going to be the big one". It also amazes me that every year the miners equipment gets bigger and bigger. What's with that humongous dinosaur dredge that is being used? If they would have sold that unit for scrap back when the market was high they would have really struck it rich.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always roll my eyes when some idiot grandson or daughter brings in a family heirloom to get a few bucks for some stupid reason. Its a lesson to everyone. Eventually everything you treasure from your past will be sold at a garage sale or estate sale by someone who don't care---just wants the cash.
I think that everytime I mention the Waterford.......to my kids it's just glass stuff.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched part 1 of the 10 part O.J. Simpson movie. Of course, I watched the real thing every day M-friend for months and a friend and I would meet for coffee to discuss each day of the trial. We'd meet during the trial lunch break.
Wow, brings back the details.....including that my friend died since then.
Cuba's doing a good job playing the narcissistic OJ.

rod

Retired 22 years
Watched part 1 of the 10 part O.J. Simpson movie. Of course, I watched the real thing every day M-friend for months and a friend and I would meet for coffee to discuss each day of the trial. We'd meet during the trial lunch break.
Wow, brings back the details.....including that my friend died since then.
Cuba's doing a good job playing the narcissistic OJ.

Remember when OJ was found not guilty and all the white people looted, rioted and burned down their neighborhoods--------------me neither.

oldngray

nowhere special
Remember when OJ was found not guilty and all the white people looted, rioted and burned down their neighborhoods--------------me neither.
funny-pictures-1.jpg

ups1990

I had enough of OJ the first time around.
I felt the same as you and then a friend of mine kept bugging me to watch the People v OJ series on FX.

Man, I was hooked on it. Great acting all around specially Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark. She and Darden were overwhelmed and got steamed rolled by Cochran and Co. I read where former DA Garcetti, recently revealed he didn't want Clark originally to prosecute the case, what a jerk move. He could have made a change back then, he was the boss after all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I felt the same as you and then a friend of mine kept bugging me to watch the People v OJ series on FX.

Man, I was hooked on it. Great acting all around specially Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark. She and Darden were overwhelmed and got steamed rolled by Cochran and Co. I read where former DA Garcetti, recently revealed he didn't want Clark originally to prosecute the case, what a jerk move. He could have made a change back then, he was the boss after all.
Bit of trivia......Sarah Paulson is the girlfriend/partner of (double her age) Holland Taylor who plays Evelyn (the mom) on Two And a Half Men.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Show surprised me. Sat down to watch it with my wife. Became hooked as well