ups discussions

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Requests for back pay depend upon the circumstances of the termination but to say that the union doesn't fight for back pay is simply untrue.

Just pointing out that if the union isn't willing to fight for back pay then ups basically can fire you at will. What does ups care if you get your job back or don't get your job back. There isn't any consequences for ups firing you. You know and I know all ups has to say is a driver, loader or anybody wasn't following directions. You would say that is harassment and ups says no it is not doing as instructed. So don't you think going for back pay would make them stop and honor the contract more. Ups only understands money.

Holydriver

You were obviously fragile in some sense if you couldn't play the game at ups that you quit in a few years.

In this economy, education doesn't always equal success or stability. You might earn an education in a year but then you will enter a job market where there are many more with your education or better competing for those jobs.

I don't cling to my pay as if it's all I have in life. I could leave ups tomorrow and retire at home with my kids all day and still live the lifestyle we built. But we have bigger plans for that and ups becomes a sure fire means to an end so that my kids will be set up in life for better opportunities.

I prefer to look at ups as a calculated risk for long term goals. There are two types of risk: short term and calculated long term. The short term is quitting early before full pay and benefits. The long term is using their benefits of time off and their own games against them to make more money. Which funds more long term stability in your future. Hence you learn to play the game so you can build a better quality of life for the long term.

Like I said, good luck. Ups wasn't for you. You thought wearing headphones while driving and smoking weed everyday was a great idea. You're not built for this career and there's nothing wrong with that. Go be whatever it is you are trying to be.

But I don't understand why you would still participate on this forum. You're no longer a ups driver and you only had three or so years experience.

Time to move on.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
Come on bud, pony up or shut up

Attachments

• IMG_20160501_185103055.jpg
    IMG_20160501_185103055.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 249

Holydriver

I never understood if the union was so strong why they always tell people to just take their job back and not worry about the back pay. Seems if ups went against the contract and took a driver off a route or fired him that getting your back pay would be easy. However most of the time the union don't seem to care about the back pay. Which means ups basically can fire you at anytime for just about anything because they don't lose anything doing it.
Whoa man, calm down. You're going to speak a little truth that the brainwashed can't handle. The heads will explode and them you'll get 10 replies of how great 100k is a year with 2400 hours worked and stuff. You better chill out man

Holydriver

Lol, I get it dude you couldn't hang. Just say that don't lie and say you were "abused".
It's not that I couldn't hang. I hung for several years. It's that I was man enough to see that UPS was a horrible life and decided to change it before I was stuck. See, you could have manned up and left a long time ago but you were scared. You probably thought "yea my life sucks, but I get paid good and my bemefits are OK" so you stuck around. I, however, said "yea this life sucks, and since I only get one life, I'm going to do what it takes to earn my keep in this world. I'll get educated and be successful in a field that doesn't require 50 hours a week." And here I am. I manned up enough to walk away from "100k" and chose instead to live a life that is full of happiness. You clowns act like you live the greatest life in the world. News flash bud, I did it for YEARS too. And I know you are miserable. So put on your smily face in this internet forum, but we all know, whether we admit it or not, that you are just as miserable as all other UPS drivers.

Holydriver

But I don't understand why you would still participate on this forum.

Because there are a lot of.young men and women that consider UPS as a good career and I want to be the person to save those poor souls from a horrible.life. I want to change their minds so that they understand that there is more to life than the anger of micromanagment and the lost lives while working in a brown uniform. Because you turds will convince them that it's all smiles and sunshine

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Come on bud, pony up or shut up
It's not that I couldn't hang. I hung for several years. It's that I was man enough to see that UPS was a horrible life and decided to change it before I was stuck. See, you could have manned up and left a long time ago but you were scared. You probably thought "yea my life sucks, but I get paid good and my bemefits are OK" so you stuck around. I, however, said "yea this life sucks, and since I only get one life, I'm going to do what it takes to earn my keep in this world. I'll get educated and be successful in a field that doesn't require 50 hours a week." And here I am. I manned up enough to walk away from "100k" and chose instead to live a life that is full of happiness. You clowns act like you live the greatest life in the world. News flash bud, I did it for YEARS too. And I know you are miserable. So put on your smily face in this internet forum, but we all know, whether we admit it or not, that you are just as miserable as all other UPS drivers.
@Orion's my new BFF
If this tax return doesn't work for you maybe I should post a couple more? Well over 100k......
So you're telling us you made that since you left ups in February ? Anyone can pull images off the internet.

You really are stupid as hell. You don't post your tax returns on an Internet forum. Even if I wanted to get in a pissing match about who makes what, I'm not stupid enough like you to post pictures of a tax return. Seriously lay off the weed. It's killing your common sense.

Since you've moved on to so much better than ups, why don't quit posting here. You make yourself look foolish and stupid. We get it. You worked at ups for 3 years and it was horrible for you. You're so much smarter than all of us that you went and found a job at a small business that you admitted pays less than partial rate as a driver. You then proceed to show some :censored2: tax return for 170k like you're implying you made that since you left. Which wouldn't make sense. It would imply you made part of that last year at ups.

Life at ups or anywhere is what you make of it. If you life sucked at ups, 99% of the problem was probably you. You sound like you are not only stupid, but you get angry so easily. My life at ups and beyond is great. It's because that's the life we built. I do live a great life. I'm very secure in all aspects of my life and I'm not stupid like you to have to post a tax return to thump my chest like you. Although that amount is adorable. My wife alone makes almost triple than that. But good for you kiddo. I'm sure that'll buy you a lot of weed and anger management classes.

Now make sure you're stupid enough next year and you come back and post your 2016 returns that'll probably be way less than that.

You go girl with your bad self.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Because there are a lot of.young men and women that consider UPS as a good career and I want to be the person to save those poor souls from a horrible.life. I want to change their minds so that they understand that there is more to life than the anger of micromanagment and the lost lives while working in a brown uniform. Because you turds will convince them that it's all smiles and sunshine
You're way off. We "old timers" teach them how to play the game.

Nobody needs you to save anyone. Your intelligence level and common sense would get someone killed or screwed out of a good career.

Now go join the forum that represents your new amazing career and life and go "save" them with all your great knowledge.

Make sure you post your social security number and credit cards too :censored2:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Whoa man, calm down. You're going to speak a little truth that the brainwashed can't handle. The heads will explode and them you'll get 10 replies of how great 100k is a year with 2400 hours worked and stuff. You better chill out man

Lots of money is always great, nobody is going to argue that point. However what you have to do to get that money is the question. It is the time you lose, the hassle you have to deal with, the looking over your shoulder because your not meeting your time. Everyday your package count increases and your rushed to get packages off. Then they preach to you about safety but you have to get everything off. Then if you go on their bad side, they follow you and harass you. You have to pee in a bottle in the back of a truck. Then to top all that off they can basically come in pull you off the truck for a week and all you got is the union saying were get your job back. I just know it isn't an easy job and it is made much worse by ups. It gets worse every year because the union don't do anything to change it.

Holydriver

You're way off. We "old timers" teach them how to play the game.

Nobody needs you to save anyone. Your intelligence level and common sense would get someone killed or screwed out of a good career.

Now go join the forum that represents your new amazing career and life and go "save" them with all your great knowledge.

Make sure you post your social security number and credit cards too :censored2:
Obviously you decided not to pony up..............I'm not surprised. The slang word for vagina fits you very well

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Lots of money is always great, nobody is going to argue that point. However what you have to do to get that money is the question. It is the time you lose, the hassle you have to deal with, the looking over your shoulder because your not meeting your time. Everyday your package count increases and your rushed to get packages off. Then they preach to you about safety but you have to get everything off. Then if you go on their bad side, they follow you and harass you. You have to pee in a bottle in the back of a truck. Then to top all that off they can basically come in pull you off the truck for a week and all you got is the union saying were get your job back. I just know it isn't an easy job and it is made much worse by ups. It gets worse every year because the union don't do anything to change it.
Not every center is like this and some have strong locals that do fight and win.

It's all in how you play the game. Documentation is your friend. Use all your time off and 8 hour days. Get on 9/5 list and enforce it. Coach the rookies to work smart, not kill themselves. Take your full lunch between 1pm-2pm.

Do that and you'll be amazed how much easier it is. Learn the fine art of detachment and thick skin.

Give back what you get. And redirect the BS.

Holydriver

My man, safety is just a word on the wall at UPS.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Obviously you decided not to pony up..............I'm not surprised. The slang word for vagina fits you very well
No I'm not an idiot like you that has to "pony up" a tax return to show your small dick syndrome.
At least I could hack more than 3 years at ups without crying like a little bitch girl and having to take a pay cut and smaller job. Fits your small dick syndrome well.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1462147799.809263.jpg

Orion inc.

I like turtles
No, instead you just talk :censored2: all day long on BC.
I could be like you. An "ex" ups employee with a small dick who still hangs out on a ups forum and tries to talk "shop" when he no longer works there.

You're like the 30 something year old who hangs out in high school parking lots trying to pick up girls.