We are ready!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ups was delivering it to the PO...Some mailman's gonna have a hernia delivering it to its final destination.
I know but that does not mean it was a surepost package. Not sure what the agreement is but I have had a few of them.

If it was surepost being over 10lbs should of kicked it to us for final destination.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have delivered bins of presorted bulk mail to the PO. Look just like those cartons. PO opens them and sorts the individual pieces of junk mail to the final destination.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Tis the season!

I had 83 pieces on the 6000 shelf yesterday. Yea, no prob'....
I had 73 pieces in the 1000 shelf Wednesday. Made it really easy to find my air.

I now have my preloader put all my air in the cab no matter how big it is. If it's in the cab I can carry it to the back or stack it right behind the bulkhead on a pile of bulk, but if it's buried on the floor, all over the 1000 shelf and half way back in the 5000 shelf...not so much.

PT Car Washer

Don't worry. There's still enough time to expand more parking lots. Have faith!
Employee parking was at a premium last year. Show up early and cruise the lot until someone leaves. Since then we have lost 9 spots to handicap parking and another to reserved management. Industrial area so there is no off street parking and the business around us have warned against parking in their lots. Then the closer we get to Christmas the customer counter reserves more parking spots for counter customers. Also there is no public transportation anywhere close. Yep, we're ready.

watdaflock?

I had 73 pieces in the 1000 shelf Wednesday. Made it really easy to find my air.
I now have my preloader put all my air in the cab no matter how big it is. If it's in the cab I can carry it to the back or stack it right behind the bulkhead on a pile of bulk, but if it's buried on the floor, all over the 1000 shelf and half way back in the 5000 shelf...not so much.

Air is the last thing loaded and (usually) is handed to the driver in a bin or if heavy its all rear door center.

watdaflock?

Our center cut all extra routes yesterday. Still have not put the first helper on. No extra trucks on the yard. Yeah we're ready for another epic failure.

I got a new brown knit hat out of this deal! A few preloaders were getting uniforms Friday so it seems my little hub is getting ready to get ready.

If you frequent UPSers you have probably seem all the videos saying we are ready for peak. I think the vast majority of UPS centers are far from ready. I predict a repeat of 2013, if not worse. Propaganda only goes so far and convinces so many people. I wish the top management in Atlanta would step down to our level and see just how bad things really are. Just saying.........

I've been thinking the same thing. [Hub employee waiting to be driver] just turned down a FT Utility route for this reason. Really want the route, but not gonna enter in on a crappy peak just to get used and sent back to the hub. They keep saying they got a 'plan'. Time to switch to 'Plan D'

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Halfway back to the 5000? Seriously? Wow...air should never get buried...any halfway decent loader should know that. I'll leave it out first.