Why shouldn't we strike?

watdaflock?

A strike today wouldn't be supported by the public as it was 20 yrs ago , your getting paid health care, a pension , and 34 an hour to drive a truck !
It's not the drivers who get dicked over by the union, its all of the PTers. Friggin' crooked union pockets so much $$$ from the PTers it's ridiculous.

Inthegame

Overall what we all have talked about really hasn't been astronomical demands have they? If we could get the union to strike I don't see UPS allowing a nearly 1 billion dollar profit loss in a full week of shutdown over most of our demands. Sure it'll be more like we give 70% and they meet us 30% of the way but my point is we aren't asking them to double our salary.

" 1 billion dollar profit loss is a figure based on an article I read about sometime ago ups was making that much per week, I don't care if that's wrong try to focus on the key points of my post"
Hard to focus on your "key" points when they're so inaccurate. Where did you read UPS was profiting 1 billion per week? You do realize that's 52 billion a year?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do you think we'll reach 45 bucks an hour at the end of the next contract.... That should kill the company....or at least the management

Dr.Brownz

No
Do you think we'll reach 45 bucks an hour at the end of the next contract.... That should kill the company....or at least the management
No it would only decrease their dividend growth by a few cents! :censored2: UPS they are greedy and crooked. I wish Hitler would have focused on corporate types, they are the ones ruining the world with a perverse value system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Griffin1820

File! File! File!

Probably not drivers got a decent pay scale and progression as is. I would like to see the 8 hour request become easier and or a 40 hour opt in work week. That would allow more part time drivers to pick up small routes. Maybe just having more ability to take days off not vacation weeks and part timers could cover those days. And maybe just maybe part time loaders could get a pay raise. They start out at 10 to 11 bucks and the 4 year progress works them up to a whopping 12.75 to 13.75.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Part timers will get very little. If they don't pay attention. Every contract would be theirs. If only they woke up. Drivers get a raise cause they are the face of UPS. As long as there is a profit being made there will be a raise. The silent majority keeps silent.

Tjwi
Probably not drivers got a decent pay scale and progression as is. I would like to see the 8 hour request become easier and or a 40 hour opt in work week. That would allow more part time drivers to pick up small routes. Maybe just having more ability to take days off not vacation weeks and part timers could cover those days. And maybe just maybe part time loaders could get a pay raise. They start out at 10 to 11 bucks and the 4 year progress works them up to a whopping 12.75 to 13.75.
There will be less drivers, not more. You will never see 40 hour a week routes. It's not cost effective.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Part timers will get very little. If they don't pay attention. Every contract would be theirs. If only they woke up. Drivers get a raise cause they are the face of UPS. As long as there is a profit being made there will be a raise. The silent majority keeps silent.
I don't understand that unless the majority of Pt is newbies and just ignorant of what they need to do. I would love to see the tide turn and more part timers get involved

I always wondered if they would eventually make all routes 8 hr days. Limit ot. No more than 5 hrs or less. I don't believe we will get to 40 plus an hr. I think maybe a 401k plus match fund
The cost of benefits, pension, healthcare,paid time.off. not to mention extra trucks, maintenance, extra fuel, extra dead time to and from the route.

It's cheaper to pay is overtime.