Xmas & New Years

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Obviously some of you act pissed you had to work, not pissed enough to pick up the phone and call out though.

If you're wondering why UPS continues to push the envelope and you blame the union for not speaking up about it, look in the mirror.

Ghost in the Darkness

Does your local have language about this?

In most locals seniority gives you the right to work. It does not give you the right not to work.

Contractually its still a holiday. Being required to work on a holiday goes first as voluntary from the top down for priority, then from bottom up when forcing. Until its changed top seniority drivers should have first option to work or be last to be forced in.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nothing to grieve
Nothing?

upload_2016-11-29_7-9-25.png

DSM515

Yeah too bad that doesn't happen here.... Old timers with grown kids taking spring break off or they pull the 8 weeks straight in the summer and a 10-15 year driver with kids can't even get one week off to go somewhere before the kids go back to school...
Sounds like you need a trophy for showing up to work, the old timers don't owe you jack. Put your time in and you'll get your vacations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like you need a trophy for showing up to work, the old timers don't owe you jack. Put your time in and you'll get your vacations.

I personally feel that we should change the way that vacations are selected to make it more fair for all employees.

Round 1----all employees choose two weeks.

Round 2----remaining employees choose two weeks.

Round 3----remaining employees choose two weeks.

Round 4----anyone with weeks left makes their final selections.

We don't have SVD here so I don't know how that would fit in to the above.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There are some old timers who look out for the younger drivers... There are that select few who are total meesters...and totally act like their s doesn't stink..very arrogant ...fact

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who said anything about a trophy.. Not sure what you are babbling about... Did I hit a nerve 40 year old timer???

I personally feel that we should change the way that vacations are selected to make it more fair for all employees.

You can go ahead and do that. I had enough crappy vacation picks when I was a rookie. Maybe they should get first picks on bidding routes also?

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Yep.. Old timers would still get lots of summer vacations and maybe a lower senority driver can get a June vacation.... Nothing at all wrong with what Dave suggested....

DSM515

Move to Canada, I'm sure that's how they do it there.
Seniority is alot like capitalism, sucks if your on the bottom and when you get to the top your not gonna give it away.