“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
No I can’t tell you exactly,

I do know that I believe God has prompted my conscience when the author of some Scripture is written or used in a manner contrary to the spirit of Jesus’ commandment to “Love your neighbor as yourself”.

I believe unconditional love usually trumps unloving legalism.

Think Jesus 2 commandments cover it.
Think what you want.

BrownFlush

@Integrity
It’s amazing when people like you claim God spoke to them but they just can’t seem to tell you exactly. Lol

Being honest with yourself might be a good place to start and admit God has never spoken an audible word to you ever.

BrownFlush

No, I've said Believe God.

Did today actually if you took the time to understand.

I said "Abraham Believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness."

I don't use the term accept, it's always believe.
He also acted on what God told him. If he had just Sanhedrin believed and never raised the knife... no righteousness.

BrownFlush

No I can’t tell you exactly,

I do know that I believe God has prompted my conscience when the author of some Scripture is written or used in a manner contrary to the spirit of Jesus’ commandment to “Love your neighbor as yourself”.

I believe unconditional love usually trumps unloving legalism.

Think Jesus 2 commandments cover it.
Legalism?
Speak where the Bible speaks and be silent where the Bible is silent.
Or as Peter put it “ If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God.”

Your “ I thinks” isn’t helping anyone, much less yourself.

BrownFlush

I do not believe the same as you on this matter.
Surprise Surprise Surprise
How do you believe on this matter? Please give scripture.
Your continued “ I believe”. “I don’t believe “ without any Bible given for discussion is wearing thin. You’re going to have to do better.

floridays

He also acted on what God told him. If he had just Sanhedrin believed and never raised the knife... no righteousness.
God knew his heart before that point.
God knew Abraham's heart when he headed to the mountain to sacrifice Isaac.
What kind of God do you serve?

Chapter 22​

1And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
2And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
3And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
4Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.
5And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
6And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
7And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
8And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
9And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
10And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

BrownFlush

I've never mentioned my "faith experience."

I've made one claim.
I'm a sinner, Jesus Christ came to save sinners.
I think contrary to what Paul said, as a sinner "I am chief", and you can quote me on that.

What else do you have to add to the Blood Jesus shed on the cross.
You've made it clear His completed work is not sufficient for you, what else must you add?

I take the position I am not talking to a believer now.

I'll ask you a direct question, two actually.

Is God pleased and are you pleased with the finished work of Jesus, to make you acceptable?

Upon believing, and trusting the words of Jesus and God the Father do you have the same position of the Son?
1)The work of God and Jesus are perfect.
I don’t understand what you are asking “ to make you acceptable.

2) Upon believing and obeying ( not just trusting) the words of Jesus and God,
no one will ever have the same position as Jesus.
What a wasted question.

BrownFlush

God knew his heart before that point.
God knew Abraham's heart when he headed to the mountain to sacrifice Isaac.
What kind of God do you serve?

Chapter 22​

1And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
2And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
3And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
4Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.
5And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
6And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
7And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
8And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
9And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
10And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
Abraham ACTED on his faith. Even though God told him to kill his only son by which the seed of the promise would continue. He trusted God.
What’s your point?
And why do you ask me “what kind of God do I serve?”

Integrity

Binge Poster
Legalism?
Speak where the Bible speaks and be silent where the Bible is silent.
Or as Peter put it “ If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God.”

Your “ I thinks” isn’t helping anyone, much less yourself.
Again I am sorry that my responses and perspectives are not to your satisfaction.

I don’t believe in the “Sola Scriptura” school of thought.

Integrity

Binge Poster
@BrownFlush,

I believe this discussion, at least my involvement has run it’s course.

I believe for the individuals who may be just observing, I again state and I am firmly convinced that it may be doing those hearers no good.

I hope I have shared our common agreement of God’s amazing love for the world, for you, for me, and for all who may have observed this discussion.

I do believe for whatever reason you misuse scripture at times, only you know your motives for doing this, God does as well but from what it seems apart from the Book you don’t appear to be interested in hearing from the living God.

I am providing a link that gives basically what I have been trying to share with you as my belief. I don’t hold to each thought in it, remember I pick and choose what I will believe, but it does basically express my views.

Can You Focus on the Bible Too Much?

Peace be with you.

Last edited: