“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I inferred nothing, I merely stated what I was looking for.
A clear, succinct scriptural answer was all I was looking for.

to fulfill all righteousness.
That is my custom.To give Bible answers.

Are you sure you’re not advocating one’s baptism can be like the Lords?

BrownFlush

My mistake.
But, the reasoning is the same.
Here is confession and belief only without repentance or baptism or a faithful life. Nothing about mercy or grace.
Nothing about acceptable worship to God, etc.
My point is and was that in the NT, many things will save us and condemn us.

Last edited:

floridays

Are you sure you’re not advocating one’s baptism can be like the Lords?
I was baptized in water, it was my visual affirmation that I trusted the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus to redeem me to God. I believed God and it was imputed to me as Righteousness. Just like Abraham.

BrownFlush

I was baptized in water, it was my visual affirmation that I trusted the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus to redeem me to God. I believed God and it was imputed to me as Righteousness. Just like Abraham.
I'll take that as you do not believe your baptism was like the Lord's.

I will address "imputed righteousness " that you keep referencing. But, you have put more things to address until we get here.
One at a time.

My mistake.
But, the reasoning is the same.
Here is confession and belief only without repentance or baptism or a faithful life. Nothing about mercy or grace.
Nothing about acceptable worship to God, etc.
My point is and was that in the NT, many things will save us and condemn us.
@floridays ..What? You never addressed this after your big deal?
No surprise.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

He was very hesitant to baptize Jesus. ( Rightly so, this is the Son of God approaching ) He felt so unworthy.

John answered them all, saying, “I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.His winnowing fork is in his hand, to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.” Luke 3: 16& 17

If you look , there are two distinct baptisms John says is coming. One is HS baptism and one is of fire. In v 16 John is referring to specific people who will receive this baptism. No one living for the passed 2000 years has been baptized by the Holy Spirit, as was done in the first century and what is being prophesied by John.
This HS baptism was to a select few. It was for a select time. The Apostles in Acts 1 and Cornelius in Acts 10.

Miracles confirmed that the word /words being preached was from God. There was no New Testament written during this time.
HS baptism was being baptized with POWER to do the miraculous . It was only for a period of time. We have the written word in our hands to believe ,confirm , and to teach with.

The baptism of fire is the final judgement into which the wicked who reject God will be cast.
Nothing?
Agree or disagree. If so. which part? Why? Scripture please.
Not you. you go somewhere else with something else.

BrownFlush

And Jesus said

Luke 23:43 Context​

40But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

and

BrownFlush

added
He's just hangin out on a cross, we've got to get you down and dip you in the water before His word is true, Then you'll be good to go......
The thief on the cross was saved.
No one living today can be saved like the thief on the cross.

Jesus, while he walked as a man on this earth could forgive anyone, anytime he wanted to.

The thief on the cross did not need to be baptized for the remission of his sins, just as David, Abraham, Noah, and Abel or anyone who lived under the law of Moses did not have to be baptized to have their sins forgiven.
Heb.9: 15 -17 teaches the Mosaic Covenant under which Israel served was replaced by the New Covenant and it was ratified and went into effect after Jesus' death . The New Testament is the Last Will and Testament from God with instruction for our salvation.
It was not in effect when the thief died on the cross.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

1 Corinthians 12:13 Context​

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Holy Spirit baptism was never administered "in the name of the Lord Jesus," and it was never "for the remission of sins" or "into the one body."
The Spirit, through the word, commands men to be baptized into Christ. When we obey that word, it is "by the Spirit" that we are baptized in water INTO the body of Christ.

When Phillip went to Samaria and "preached good tidings concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and woman" (Acts 8:12). The Samaritans were obedient to the gospel and were saved. Was it Holy Spirit baptism that saved them? No.
Notice when the apostles heard that Samaria had received the word, they sent Peter and John (Apostles) to them to lay hands on them so that they may receive the Holy Spirit (power), "for as yet, he was fallen upon none of them; ONLY they had been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus" (Acts 8:14-16).
Baptism "in the name of the Lord Jesus" is in water (Acts 10:47,48) and is "for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38).

upschuck

The thief on the cross was saved.
No one living today can be saved like the thief on the cross.

Jesus, while he walked as a man on this earth could forgive anyone, anytime he wanted to.

The thief on the cross did not need to be baptized for the remission of his sins, just as David, Abraham, Noah, and Abel or anyone who lived under the law of Moses did not have to be baptized to have their sins forgiven.
Heb.9: 15 -17 teaches the Mosaic Covenant under which Israel served was replaced by the New Covenant and it was ratified and went into effect after Jesus' death . The New Testament is the Last Will and Testament from God with instruction for our salvation.
It was not in effect when the thief died on the cross.
Pretty sure the thief died after Jesus died.

BrownFlush

Pretty sure the thief died after Jesus died.
The Lord died first.
They broke the legs of those on each side of him to hasten their death.

"Since it was the day of Preparation, and so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken and that they might be taken away. So the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first, and of the other who had been crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water. He who saw it has borne witness—his testimony is true, and he knows that he is telling the truth—that you also may believe. For these things took place that the Scripture might be fulfilled: “Not one of his bones will be broken.” 37And again another Scripture says, “They will look on him whom they have pierced.” -John 19: 31 - 36

Doesn't change the argument that @floridays is trying to make.
The Lord could forgive anyone , anytime while on this earth.
One needs to have the ability to discern between the Law of Moses and the Law of Christ . The thief lived and died under the Law of Moses. All now live and die under the Law of Christ and have for 2000 years.

BrownFlush

When did the Law of Christ start?
Actually there are three dispensations revealed in Scripture. Each show the various ways that God spoke and worked to bring about His eternal purpose in Christ.
Patriarchal Dispensation,Mosaic Dispensation, and the Christian Dispensation
We have been living in the "last days" (God's final revelation to man) for 2000 years. In the Christian dispensation God brings His eternal plan into perfect focus.
In each dispensation, roles were given. Abraham was promised that in his seed all the nations of the earth would be blessed. He began the lineage from which the Christ came.
The priesthood formed which emphasized the need for sacrifice and access to God.
The apostles reveal the identity of the Savior and the conditions of forgiveness , salvation and participation in His body.
As the Hebrew writer points out " a last will and testament is not in effect until the death of the testator." ( Heb. 9:16)
The "gospel age" began 50 days after the death of Jesus on Pentecost in Acts 2. Peter preached the first gospel sermon and 3000 Jews obeyed the gospel and were added to the church ( it had never existed until that day)
.As prophesied, the Jews first and also to the Greek.
Salvation was and is now "in Christ". All other laws had been nailed to the cross.( Col. 2:14)

upschuck

Which is it, you gave me 2 answer and a wall of text, for what could be a 1 sentence answer.

Logically, this one makes the most sense:
As the Hebrew writer points out " a last will and testament is not in effect until the death of the testator." ( Heb. 9:16)
This one is generally regarded as when the church begun:
The "gospel age" began 50 days after the death of Jesus on Pentecost in Acts 2.

BrownFlush

Which is it, you gave me 2 answer and a wall of text, for what could be a 1 sentence answer.

Logically, this one makes the most sense:

This one is generally regarded as when the church begun:
Hebrew Christians, those who were born into the linage of Abraham and were subject to the Law of Moses needed this teaching. The gospel age ended the Law of Moses. Jesus is the High Priest now.Thus the book.
Many Jews were there in Acts 2 and heard Peter’s sermon. Many, 3000, responded in obedience.
Acts 2:16 “This is that which was prophesied by Joel... in the last days...
The Christian dispensation began on the day the gospel was first preached and people became Christians and the Lord added them to His church Acts 2:47