“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I guess they don't know it was translated in the early 17th cent.
Ye needeth to seeath the humoreth ineth it.
KJV Only minds are closed minds to their own detriment.

King James wanted the word Easter ( origins rooted in paganism) somewhere in his Bible.... The translators picked Acts 12:4 “intending after Easter “ ... A pitiful and misleading translation. The reader would think such a thing was celebrated.

If one is looking for Easter Sunday in the Scripture he might as well look for the Easter Bunny. They just ain’t there.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Here's the way it goes, if eis is the Greek that was translated, it does not mean because of.
Big deal, that only meant Peter was speaking of a different baptism, the baptism John foretold of. Peter knew sins were not washed away by immersion in water.
Do you have scripture for any of this?

Peter was speaking of the baptism in water for the remission of sins. Acts 2:38 , 22:16, Acts 10
The baptism John foretold of ? John the Baptist ? His baptism, I have already addressed. It was over. He was dead when Peter preached this sermon.
If you're talking about what John recored Jesus saying about the baptism of the Holy Spirit to come, that has been discussed and happened in Acts 2 to the Apostles.

Explain Simon the sorcerer, he was baptized, yet had no place.
What do you mean by"had no place" I don't know, but I will address Simon ( I think you pasted the entire text somewhere) soon.

Do you think Judas was baptized?
I don't know. It's not in scripture. If he was, it was John's baptism.
The Apostles did not receive HS baptism until Acts 2. He hung himself 50 days before this.
You handle the word for your benefit, I will divide it as the spirit of God reveals it.
He reveals it the same way to everyone.
It is written down.
The Spirit of God has not said a single word to you except through His written word.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I notice it is common practice for some self proclaimed Christians to place their religion or aspects or things of their religion above their personal relationship with Jesus the Christ.

Anyone else notice this?

I don’t think this diminishes the saving work that the simple belief in Jesus provides but it seems to limit the ability for them to experience the kingdom of God while living our remaining days that a close relationship with the living God provides.

God is good!

BrownFlush

Here we go
Here we go...
Simon practiced sorcery. He fooled many people into thinking he was some great one. He was evidently good at what he did because many people believed him for a long time.

Why?
Because : "And the crowds with one accord paid attention to what was being said by Philip, when they heard him and saw the signs that he did." Acts 8: 6 Miraculous confirmation of the gospel. What Phillip preached was confirmed by the miracles he did.What did he teach the Samaritans? What was it that Jesus said to go into all the world and preach?....Mark 16:16
Fake miracles when held beside the real deal do not stand chance. The purpose of miracles are revealed in this text. There was no New Testament written yet. Miracles confirmed the the word we have today that early Christians did not have.

Mark 16 :16 Belief and baptism = Salvation
Simon was now a child of God, a Christian, having been born into the Lord's kingdom by water and the Spirit (John 3:5)
Simon continued with Phillip.

The Apostles laid their hands on Phillip in Jerusalem . He had the ability to preform miracles as seen in this text. He could not however give that ability to someone else. Only through the laying on of the Apostles hands could that be done. That is the reason Peter and John went to Samaria . New Christians could teach the gospel to others and confirm what they were teaching was from God through miracles. In V17, receiving the Holy Spirit was not everyone who the Apostles laid their hands on, had a little personal Holy Spirit in their tummy, ( There is only one Holy Spirit) But they received POWER to do miracles that was given by the Holy Spirit. Reason? So the church would grow and and the gospel would be spread through out the world.

Uh-oh Simon . Wouldn't this new Christian love to be able to lay hands on somebody and they would have the power to do miracles? Simon could really be a miracle guy. No more fake stuff for him.

Peter: You don't have a thing in this. You need to repent and get your heart right and ask God for forgiveness.
Note: Now that Simon was a Christian, the Apostle Peter's instruction to him to receive forgiveness was to repent and pray.

Must of been some bad things coming his way if he didn't take care of this sin. Just a guess but, it be great to have an Apostle praying for you, too.

BrownFlush

I notice it is common practice for some self proclaimed Christians to place their religion or aspects or things of their religion above their personal relationship with Jesus the Christ.
Any "relationship" requires those involved to be in agreement with what defines the "relationship ". God's "relationship" with anyone is defined by His terms. The only way one can know what He wants is found in His Word. I'll give you a hint. It has to do with you submitting to His will, not yours.
I don’t think this diminishes the saving work that the simple belief in Jesus provides but it seems to limit the ability for them to experience the kingdom of God while living our remaining days that a close relationship with the living God provides.
Think all you want. Simple belief? It's simple alright.
Why do so many reject what is plainly written? The devil has done his best work with people believing lies. Are all, he is the father of lies.

God is good!
God is good.
Are we?

BrownFlush

The Holy Spirit baptizes me in the Blood of the Son of God.
Proven by scripture that he didn't . Another false claim by you with zero bible to back it up.

This has been proven by scripture more than enough times to be specifically for the Apostles for specific reason.

Proven by Scripture to be water baptism.

I have dealt with your questions, maybe not in the manner you prefer, or gave the response required by you.
Manner I prefer? Response I require ? You answer with nothing.

BrownFlush

The thief on the cross was saved.
No one living today can be saved like the thief on the cross.

Jesus, while he walked as a man on this earth could forgive anyone, anytime he wanted to.

The thief on the cross did not need to be baptized for the remission of his sins, just as David, Abraham, Noah, and Abel or anyone who lived under the law of Moses did not have to be baptized to have their sins forgiven.
Heb.9: 15 -17 teaches the Mosaic Covenant under which Israel served was replaced by the New Covenant and it was ratified and went into effect after Jesus' death . The New Testament is the Last Will and Testament from God with instruction for our salvation.
It was not in effect when the thief died on the cross.

Holy Spirit baptism was never administered "in the name of the Lord Jesus," and it was never "for the remission of sins" or "into the one body."
The Spirit, through the word, commands men to be baptized into Christ. When we obey that word, it is "by the Spirit" that we are baptized in water INTO the body of Christ.

When Phillip went to Samaria and "preached good tidings concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and woman" (Acts 8:12). The Samaritans were obedient to the gospel and were saved. Was it Holy Spirit baptism that saved them? No.
Notice when the apostles heard that Samaria had received the word, they sent Peter and John (Apostles) to them to lay hands on them so that they may receive the Holy Spirit (power), "for as yet, he was fallen upon none of them; ONLY they had been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus" (Acts 8:14-16).
Baptism "in the name of the Lord Jesus" is in water (Acts 10:47,48) and is "for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38).

I affirm once again that Holy Spirit baptism was not the baptism that Jesus commissioned his disciples to do (Holy Spirit baptism cannot be administered by man) when they were told to go into all the world and preach the gospel." He that believes and is baptized shall be saved",( Mark 16:16 ). In Matthew 28 ( The Great Commission ) "And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. "
Holy Spirit baptism is not "in the name " or by the authority of".
The promise of Holy Spirit baptism, as I have stated before was given to the Apostles. Not you. Not me.
Holy Spirit baptism was simply a baptism of power given to to be able to preform the miraculous. These miracles confirmed the word being preached was from God.
As a result ofHoly Spirit baptism the Apostles would be taught all things( John 14:26) They would remember all things that Jesus had taught them (John 14:26) They would receive testimony concerning Jesus (John 15:26 ) They would be guided into all truth John 16:13 They would learn of things to come (John 16:13) They would receive power( Acts 1:5-8) They would become witnesses for Jesus( Acts 1:5-8) They spoke with tongues or languages they had not previously known( Acts 2:4-11) They were empowered to preach the Gospel of Christ for the first time (Acts 2:14)They were able to confirm that they were the men of God with the message of God (Heb. 2:3-4)

As I have stated before, this baptism of power came to the Apostles in Acts 2. I also stated it happened again in Acts 10. That is the only two times it has ever happened. Two times and only two times did it happen.
In Acts 10, like Acts 2 , the power came for a reason. It came to Cornelius' household Acts 10 because God wanted Peter and the Apostles to know that the Gentiles were candidates, just like the Jews to hear and respond to the gospel. Holy Spirit baptism resulted in them speaking in languages they had not previously known (Acts 10:46) The Jews were astonished that the Gentiles received the gift as well as the Apostles (Acts 11:15-17; 11:15-17) After this happened, Peter was convinced the Gentiles were to receive the blessings of the gospel( Acts 10:47) All the Jews come to realize that "God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life . . (Acts 11:18; 15:8-9)
The baptism of the Holy Spirit was always a gift. No one in all the New Testament was ever commanded to be baptized in the Holy Spirit.
The last place in the Bible of anyone involved with Holy Spirit baptism was the household of Cornelius in Acts 10. That would have been about the year 43 A.D. The book of Ephesians, written about 64 A.D.
In Ephesians 4:5- one Lord and one faith, one baptism.
The design and purpose of Holy Spirit baptism as taught in the scripture is plain to see. It was never for or in order to gain remission of sins and salvation. That was the purpose of water baptism (Acts 2:38; 8:35-39; 22:16). And that is the baptism those at Ephesus submitted to for the remission of their sins and to be added to the church at Ephesus.
Precise, dogmatic language.

Here we go...
Simon practiced sorcery. He fooled many people into thinking he was some great one. He was evidently good at what he did because many people believed him for a long time.

Why?
Because : "And the crowds with one accord paid attention to what was being said by Philip, when they heard him and saw the signs that he did." Acts 8: 6 Miraculous confirmation of the gospel. What Phillip preached was confirmed by the miracles he did.What did he teach the Samaritans? What was it that Jesus said to go into all the world and preach?....Mark 16:16
Fake miracles when held beside the real deal do not stand chance. The purpose of miracles are revealed in this text. There was no New Testament written yet. Miracles confirmed the the word we have today that early Christians did not have.

Mark 16 :16 Belief and baptism = Salvation
Simon was now a child of God, a Christian, having been born into the Lord's kingdom by water and the Spirit (John 3:5)
Simon continued with Phillip.

The Apostles laid their hands on Phillip in Jerusalem . He had the ability to preform miracles as seen in this text. He could not however give that ability to someone else. Only through the laying on of the Apostles hands could that be done. That is the reason Peter and John went to Samaria . New Christians could teach the gospel to others and confirm what they were teaching was from God through miracles. In V17, receiving the Holy Spirit was not everyone who the Apostles laid their hands on, had a little personal Holy Spirit in their tummy, ( There is only one Holy Spirit) But they received POWER to do miracles that was given by the Holy Spirit. Reason? So the church would grow and and the gospel would be spread through out the world.

Uh-oh Simon . Wouldn't this new Christian love to be able to lay hands on somebody and they would have the power to do miracles? Simon could really be a miracle guy. No more fake stuff for him.

Peter: You don't have a thing in this. You need to repent and get your heart right and ask God for forgiveness.
Note: Now that Simon was a Christian, the Apostle Peter's instruction to him to receive forgiveness was to repent and pray.

Must of been some bad things coming his way if he didn't take care of this sin. Just a guess but, it be great to have an Apostle praying for you, too.

No answer, unresponsive
That's for sure.

BrownFlush

Galatians 3:6 Context​

3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Abraham not only believed IN God, in the sense of believing that God is the only true God, he BELIEVED GOD and was willing to submit his life to the will of God. He manifested his faith in his obedience and trusted God to fulfill his promises.
Abrahams faith that was accounted for righteousness wasn't some mental accent and do nothing dead faith.
Hebrews says, "By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed to go out unto a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing whither he went" -- Look at this faith ---Uh-oh there that word you said I added... Obey​
Paul in Romans says of Abraham, "And without being weakened in faith he considered his own body now as good as dead (he being about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb; yet, looking unto the promise of God, he wavered not through unbelief, but waxed strong through faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what he had promised, he was able to perform" (Rom. 4:19-21).
God commanded Abraham to take Isaac, the son of promise, and offer him as a burnt offering to God (Gen. 22:1-2). Abraham did not hesitate. He got up early in the morning, saddled up, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son.
He cut the wood for the burnt offering and went to the place of which God had told him. When he arrived, he bound Isaac, placed him on the altar, upon the wood, and took the knife to kill his son. The angel of God stopped him and said, "Now I know that you fear God, seeing that you have not withheld you son, your only son, from me" (Gen. 22: 12).
Abraham, willing to kill his own son? How could he? Because ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD. "By faith Abraham, being tried, offered up Isaac: yes, he that had gladly received the promise was offering up his only begotten son; even he to whom it was said, In Isaac shall your seed be called: accounting that God is able to raise up, even from the dead; from where he did also in a figure receive him back" (Heb. 11:17-19). Abraham believed God He believed that God would fulfill his promise through Isaac, even if it required him to raise Isaac from the dead.
The belief that was accounted for righteousness was just believe? No action on Abraham's part? No submission to God's will? Even when he didn't understand, he never hesitated but simply did what God told him.
This is the faith that saves. A faith that is alive and active. Seen by what someone does. Seen by obedience to God .
Not a, I believe , mental accent , and then a dead do nothing faith.
I frankly think you take pride in your "obedience."
Not at all.
I'm humbled that God allowed me (chief of sinners) to submit to his will in simple obedience and be forgiven.
I don't need my involvement in any affirmative act
Looks like in just this passage , Abraham would say you're dead wrong.

rickyb

i find some religions the way they are taught keeps ppl waiting for the next life instead of doing something important while ur alive now

Integrity

Binge Poster
i find some religions the way they are taught keeps ppl waiting for the next life instead of doing something important while ur alive now
I have found this to be true as well.

I believe we are supposed to live abundantly while living out our days.

In my spirit the real question is does the status quo inform us of what is abundant living or is unconditional love of ourselves and others abundant living at its best?

rickyb

I have found this to be true as well.

I believe we are supposed to live abundantly while living out our days.

In my spirit the real question is does the status quo inform us of what is abundant living or is unconditional love of ourselves and others abundant living at its best?
im not sure it probably makes you think you are active when you are really pacified. the point of hte status quo is probably to profit off of you or to rip you off or something like that

Integrity

Binge Poster
im not sure it probably makes you think you are active when you are really pacified. the point of hte status quo is probably to profit off of you or to rip you off or something like that
The term status does not reference a person or a people it references an existing state of affairs, especially regarding social or political issues.

I think the current state of affairs in the USA shows that human beings in this country for whatever reason don’t value the qualities of patience, tolerance, kindliness, and love.

I also think that some religions are more interested in maintaining their current state of affairs than they are of expressing the unconditional love that these qualities embody.

rickyb

The term status does not reference a person or a people it references an existing state of affairs, especially regarding social or political issues.

I think the current state of affairs in the USA shows that human beings in this country for whatever reason don’t value the qualities of patience, tolerance, kindliness, and love.

I also think that some religions are more interested in maintaining their current state of affairs than they are of expressing the unconditional love that these qualities embody.
yea id say last 40 years they've prioritized profits above what really matters.

rickyb

I am not materialistic. I once was, but now I am not.

@rickyb,

In what ways has American's prioritization of profits above what really matters personally affected you and your manner of living?
yea me too. i try and not consume because i link it to death. its nice to have the perspective regardless.

ive been trying to square the idea of being happy with nothing but also wanting justice.

work life balance, debt in terms of student debt and housing debt not to mention the debt we owe to democracy and civilization, truth because i dont think this system can function based on truth, pollution were over 400 ppm the earth has warmed over 1 degree celcius and it threatens this generation and future ones, justice because the rich like wall st guys and guys in govt are rich and powerful enough to avoid justice, my safety on the railway and also at other jobs, the economic crash of 2008 has all been affected by profits. alot of wars are for money primarily. my buddy has RA and theres no cure partly because we spend so much money on war and bailouts for the rich.

but really i think prioritizing profits tricks ppl into thinking doing immoral things are moral, or just working a job makes you a good person. but this ideology has infected every aspect of our lives

profits should not be the priority. it should be love and justice.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
yea me too. i try and not consume because i link it to death. its nice to have the perspective regardless.

ive been trying to square the idea of being happy with nothing but also wanting justice.

work life balance, debt in terms of student debt and housing debt not to mention the debt we owe to democracy and civilization, truth because i dont think this system can function based on truth, pollution were over 400 ppm the earth has warmed over 1 degree celcius and it threatens this generation and future ones, justice because the rich like wall st guys and guys in govt are rich and powerful enough to avoid justice, my safety on the railway and also at other jobs, the economic crash of 2008 has all been affected by profits. alot of wars are for money primarily. my buddy has RA and theres no cure partly because we spend so much money on war and bailouts for the rich.

but really i think prioritizing profits tricks ppl into thinking doing immoral things are moral, or just working a job makes you a good person. but this ideology has infected every aspect of our lives

profits should not be the priority. it should be love and justice.
I agree.

Are you able to treat those that you disapprove with patience, tolerance kindliness and love?

Including those who reject the qualities of patience, tolerance, kindliness and love and seek to perpetuate “the status quo”?

rickyb

I agree.

Are you able to treat those that you disapprove with patience, tolerance kindliness and love?

Including those who reject the qualities of patience, tolerance, kindliness and love and seek to perpetuate “the status quo”?
it depends. im going to get revenge this year. someone :censored2:ed me 2 years ago and its payback time. i think christianity says when you do wrong you will suffer.

BrownFlush

I was baptized in water, it was my visual affirmation that I trusted the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus to redeem me to God. I believed God and it was imputed to me as Righteousness. Just like Abraham.
Your baptism in water was not scriptural if you claim to be saved prior to being immersed. Scriptural baptism is for those dead in sin. Baptism is a burial. You don't bury people who are alive and well. Bury the dead man to arise to walk in newness of life. (Rom. 6 )
Simply believing God and thinking are on the same ground as Abraham is laugh out loud hilarious.
Righteousness simply means without guilt, and it is a gift from God to the sinner upon the condition ( salvation is not unconditional) of an obedient faith (Rom. 5:17-21, 6:23). Righteousness is imputed to us upon the same basis that it was imputed to Abraham. Righteousness is imputed upon the basis of works of faith - not works of merit.
Check out post #969 for a glimpse why Abraham was counted as Righteousness.