2/11 Memphis ice

MassWineGuy

We have a start time of 1120. WTF??? How can we run a business like this? I have a company still waiting on their paychecks from last week. These are people living paycheck to paycheck. Even FedEx people are waiting on paychecks from last week. This is getting ridiculous now. They told us yesterday morning that staffing in Memphis is at 70%. Where is everyone else? Snow is melted. What is the problem now with staffing?

How do not get your check if you have direct deposit?

McFeely

Huge Member
Just wondering how many of you guys have to call station voicemail every AM for your start time? Im at my 4th station, this is the only 1 where we go by a schedule and go to a delay if freights late.

They let us know the day before to the best of their knowledge. If they fail to let us know the day before, we just punch in as scheduled and go into a 43.

Star B

White Lightening
Just wondering how many of you guys have to call station voicemail every AM for your start time? Im at my 4th station, this is the only 1 where we go by a schedule and go to a delay if freights late.
Um........ I thought that practice was discontinued companywide?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We have a start time of 1120. WTF??? How can we run a business like this? I have a company still waiting on their paychecks from last week. These are people living paycheck to paycheck. Even FedEx people are waiting on paychecks from last week. This is getting ridiculous now. They told us yesterday morning that staffing in Memphis is at 70%. Where is everyone else? Snow is melted. What is the problem now with staffing?
An unprecedented weather event is going to cause unprecedented problems. The hub was running out of place to put inbound freight and it led to ramps backing up with outbound freight. Going to take a few days.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
An unprecedented weather event is going to cause unprecedented problems. The hub was running out of place to put inbound freight and it led to ramps backing up with outbound freight. Going to take a few days.
So what is your take on these call in lines and on call employees?

AB831

Yeah, snow qualifies as an “unprecedented weather event” lmaoo. How come you don’t apply the same fake tough guy “suck it up” persona to FedEx that you do to everything else?

FedUpRTD

Um........ I thought that practice was discontinued companywide?
All of the 10+ stations in our market still use Call Notes, at least that is what I think it is called. Call Notes is used year round and is not just a weather related thing.

!Retired!

Even FedEx people are waiting on paychecks from last week.
I've had direct deposit since day 1. No reason not to. If you use FECCA, you get paid Wednesdays.
I’ve been retired for seven years now. Still feel sorry for you guys. Sounds like it’s gone from bad to worse.

What a cluster friend.
Don't feel bad. It's not bad for everyone. I've been leaving the building with about 20 stops less than normal AND I get to drop my P1 in another guys P2 area
3rd station, 1st time caller