2018 Contract leaks

Inthegame

People are currently doing a 4 10 hour day shift without overtime. UPS would apply the same standards to your 3 13.3 shift. By your ideology, UPS could get away with paying zero in overtime costs. They would have a Monday to Wednesday shift and a Thursday to Saturday shift. They only way I’d consider it is if overtime was included after 8.
And that would defeat their desire for altering the 5 day workweek.
I had a Feeder mngr explain how lovely his small centers 5 driver 4-10 schedule worked with the bottom three drivers splitting their 4/10 workweek. First two were consecutive M-Th, T-friend. Then the wheels fell off...M T Th friend, M W Th friend, M T W friend.
Don't assume a 3-13 would be consecutive for all.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
And that would defeat their desire for altering the 5 day workweek.
I had a Feeder mngr explain how lovely his small centers 5 driver 4-10 schedule worked with the bottom three drivers splitting their 4/10 workweek. First two were consecutive M-Th, T-friend. Then the wheels fell off...M T Th friend, M W Th friend, M T W friend.
Don't assume a 3-13 would be consecutive for all.
Another great point! I guess the key to addressing those is all in the language.

anHOURover

People are currently doing a 4 10 hour day shift without overtime. UPS would apply the same standards to your 3 13.3 shift. By your ideology, UPS could get away with paying zero in overtime costs. They would have a Monday to Wednesday shift and a Thursday to Saturday shift. They only way I’d consider it is if overtime was included after 8.
I love my 4 10s
FACT

Ms.PacMan

Your the one putting words in my mouth.

Another great point! I guess the key to addressing those is all in the language.

Exactly. They seem hell bent on 7 days a week and pushing us to the max DOT hrs so we need to think of acceptable solutions.

I had a W.R. Grace on one of my routes years ago and they were Teamsters. They negotiated 3 12's but paid for 40 and 4 days off for the Fri-Sun shift.

I also think it might be nice to schedule us like hospitals. 7 days on, 7 days off. 7 10's, no OT but paid for 80, 7 days off.

anHOURover

Exactly. You love concessions.
You love abusing women.
You love making subpar money.
You love working for straight inside rate for you last 2 hours while I make $55 and hour. You love shopping at Oshkosh.
the boss loves all the time you spend away from home slugger
i love my 4 10's fact
my job is not a concession
FACT

wide load

Your the one putting words in my mouth.

Exactly. They seem hell bent on 7 days a week and pushing us to the max DOT hrs so we need to think of acceptable solutions.

I had a W.R. Grace on one of my routes years ago and they were Teamsters. They negotiated 3 12's but paid for 40 and 4 days off for the Fri-Sun shift.

I also think it might be nice to schedule us like hospitals. 7 days on, 7 days off. 7 10's, no OT but paid for 80, 7 days off.
No thanks. There is a reason the FMCSA requires rest periods.

wide load

Quit quoting me and then twisting what I wrote. What's 4 days or 7 days off if it's not a rest period.

You're one of those unhelpful members who has no solutions of your own.
I do have a solution.
60 hours max.
14 hour cap per day.
34 hour reset.
And as for UPS,
5 consecutive days with OT after 8!
You want to do 3 13.3’s? OT after 8!
You want 4 10’s? OT after 8!

EA1CCE06-51BC-4B41-962C-2AD783128772.jpeg
These are Teamsters, some of them died for and 8 hour day with OT after 8.