2018 Contract leaks

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A strike would be the worst thing in the world for all involved.
Can't think of a better time to strike. PVD would hit the media as Uber for package delivery. It's been a terrible year for Uber's image, the media's love affair with them is over.

The media has been covering their CEO's nonsense, the terrible pay, some countries and cities banning them, lawsuits, a massive data beach, sexual assaults and rapes by drivers.... the list goes on. And now UPS wants to bring those problems to your front door.

We would just need to keep it about that issue, with an added dose of unsafe 70 hour work weeks.

Over disciplined0123

Nice manners. Someone need a hug? I’m just addressing your words. It’s not my problem that you have zero self control by insulting people. Try being rational instead of emotional. “I know I said this but really meant that” doesn’t work here. And I wouldn’t compare our (yes OUR) strike of 1997 to “Bloody Friday”.
I eagerly await your next vulgarity.
I remember when we came back after the strike 10 full timers were fired UPS claiming we threw nails into the yard of the building and threatening of supervisors. There was one full time manager jumped in his driveway and beaten up ... we got our jobs back but the few caught on video for like pointing a finger and just touching a managers chest with his finger lost his job .... which I don’t believe that action justified the punishment . I was there that day and witnessed driver just touched the manager on shoulder And that was a 55 year old 25 years feeder driver . Never to return

Last edited:

Over disciplined0123

I know what she was saying. And how. Just a lot of these talkers. Don't know what they are talking about. She was there. Along with you and I. Most of the complainers are dreaming. Cause a strike will never happen
Also believe a strike will never happen. UPS lost millions in revenue and lost volume still to this day because of customers switching to competitors... And believe me these competitors will be going to all UPS s. Big accounts saying that we will go on strike and their packages will be sitting for God knows how long in a facility some where until it’s resolved So even before August we will see ups lose volume. And that’s why they try to settle before that :censored2: storm hits. Fed ex is very aggressive in stealing volume from stating to our customers that we will go on strike to get their volume They do it every contract .. I pick up 300 boxes a day from this shipper that said fed ex already made a visit to them last week

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Why do you say that ?

The ones talking strike. Will never happen. Plus wimpy Hoffa gets too much UPS cash in the back room deals he makes for UPS. But, some how everyone voted him in again. So we will get what we deserve. I for one believe it will be another weak concession fill contract. Like all of the Hoffa lead contracts

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Also believe a strike will never happen. UPS lost millions in revenue and lost volume still to this day because of customers switching to competitors... And believe me these competitors will be going to all UPS s. Big accounts saying that we will go on strike and their packages will be sitting for God knows how long in a facility some where until it’s resolved So even before August we will see ups lose volume. And that’s why they try to settle before that :censored2: storm hits. Fed ex is very aggressive in stealing volume from stating to our customers that we will go on strike to get their volume They do it every contract .. I pick up 300 boxes a day from this shipper that said fed ex already made a visit to them last week
So this should be great reasons for the teamsters to be aggressive with both economic AND non- economic issues....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is 2017, not 1997.
People are tired of seeing corruption in corporate America....how much has the wages for middle America grown in the last 40 years.... lol???? How many ceo’s Have become multi millionaires and billionaires??? People are sick of it....8.50 an hour to start 25 years ago and 8.50 now??? Hell, you even said you would never of have stayed if you had to start pt. ...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is 2017, not 1997.
Yeppers... these companies are making even more money than they were 20 years ago... a lot more.... and with prez t ‘s tax cut proposals they are going to be making billions more.... while you very easily could be paying more in your taxes.... you don’t seem to have an issue with this???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

People are tired of seeing corruption in corporate America....how much has the wages for middle America grown in the last 40 years.... lol???? How many ceo’s Have become multi millionaires and billionaires??? People are sick of it....8.50 an hour to start 25 years ago and 8.50 now??? Hell, you even said you would never of have stayed if you had to start pt. ...

I would have been unable to stay if I had been forced to start on the inside.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Can't think of a better time to strike. PVD would hit the media as Uber for package delivery. It's been a terrible year for Uber's image, the media's love affair with them is over.

The media has been covering their CEO's nonsense, the terrible pay, some countries and cities banning them, lawsuits, a massive data beach, sexual assaults and rapes by drivers.... the list goes on. And now UPS wants to bring those problems to your front door.

We would just need to keep it about that issue, with an added dose of unsafe 70 hour work weeks.
I would have been unable to stay if I had been forced to start on the inside.
That’s what I just said....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The ones talking strike. Will never happen. Plus wimpy Hoffa gets too much UPS cash in the back room deals he makes for UPS. But, some how everyone voted him in again. So we will get what we deserve. I for one believe it will be another weak concession fill contract. Like all of the Hoffa lead contracts
Canada voted him in....