2018 Contract leaks

Inthegame

I also think it might be nice to schedule us like hospitals. 7 days on, 7 days off. 7 10's, no OT but paid for 80, 7 days off.
Hmmm...You might want to reconsider this proposal. Presently we get OT after 8, 1.5 x for sixth day and 2 x for seventh...which in a 10 hour/ 7 day scenario would be 40 hrs at 1x, 10hrs at 1.5 x (=15 straight hrs), another 10 (sixth day) at 1.5 x (15 straight) plus 10 (seventh day) at 2 x (20 straight) for a total of 90 hours.

So lets recap...you're suggesting getting 10 less hours of compensation than existing language in a trade off for not working 26 other weeks per year, 26 non-compensated weeks BTW, unless vacations remain.

UPS (which claims difficulty finding employees) would also need to double their workforce and their benefit costs.

Should be wildly popular with both the rank and file and UPS. I don't see any problem at all getting this...

Ms.PacMan

Hmmm...You might want to reconsider this proposal. Presently we get OT after 8, 1.5 x for sixth day and 2 x for seventh...which in a 10 hour/ 7 day scenario would be 40 hrs at 1x, 10hrs at 1.5 x (=15 straight hrs), another 10 (sixth day) at 1.5 x (15 straight) plus 10 (seventh day) at 2 x (20 straight) for a total of 90 hours.

So lets recap...you're suggesting getting 10 less hours of compensation than existing language in a trade off for not working 26 other weeks per year, 26 non-compensated weeks BTW, unless vacations remain.

UPS (which claims difficulty finding employees) would also need to double their workforce and their benefit costs.

Should be wildly popular with both the rank and file and UPS. I don't see any problem at all getting this...
Rank and file said the number one complaint was over 9.5 so yes I think it would be wildly popular. You're comparing my suggestion to language of potential pay that no one wants to work.

Yes, vacations would remain and I don't care if UPS doesn't like doubling their work force and if we remain steadfast in keeping a 5 day work week under 9.5 they'd still have to add employees. If they want a 7 day work week then they need to be considerate of our home lives.

Last edited:

Inthegame

Rank and file said the number one complaint was over 9.5 so yes I think it would be wildly popular.
So knowing the number one issue is going over 9.5, you suggest a 10 hour work day minus OT, and believe it would be wildly popular?
You're comparing my suggestion to language of potential pay that no one wants to work.
I'm comparing your proposal which lowers compensation to actual language.
Yes, vacations would remain and I don't care if UPS doesn't like doubling their work force and if we remain steadfast in keeping a 5 day work week under 9.5 they'd still have to add employees.
That's reasonable and hopefully the direction the IBT negotiators are headed.
If they want a 7 day work week then they need to be considerate of our home lives.
You're the only one suggesting a 7 day workweek on a continuing basis. UPS is using an unfortunate yet legal maneuver to increase allowable DOT hours during their busiest time.

Brisket

Don't forget Dragon said his bldg is already working six, add to that a snowstorm and they could in theory have the 7th day to keep up ( not for me though).

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It is has become clear over the years that you feel the need to comment on each and every thread whether or not you know anything about what is being discussed. You are the resident Jack of all Trades, Master of None of this forum.

Since my return I have tried to read more and post less. Perhaps you should do the same.

Obviously not enough

W

What The Hawk?

Don't we vote to accept or decline this type of stuff? My hire date was 9/21/16 so this would be my first time experiencing a new contract. I personally don't mind working Sundays..but obviously people with families feel different. I think there are bigger things to worry about in the new contract than whether or not we'll be working Sunday.

Ms.PacMan

You're the only one suggesting a 7 day workweek on a continuing basis. UPS is using an unfortunate yet legal maneuver to increase allowable DOT hours during their busiest time.
UPS has thrown a 7 day workweek out there and I was trying to think of ways to schedule that with more full time jobs. The existing 5 day workweek leaves an opening for hours to be covered by even more part timers inthe remaining 2 days and that will only lead to more abuses. We need more full time union members who are active and care about the contracts.

A 70 hr work week over 7 days (followed by 7 off) would make OT abuses impossible because of the DOT limits. And after the 34 hr reset drivers that wanted to work OT could work on their days off the following week.

How do we move to a 7 day delivery schedule without OT abuses and without adding more part time jobs instead of full time?

Ms.PacMan

I do have a solution.
60 hours max.
14 hour cap per day.
34 hour reset.
And as for UPS,
5 consecutive days with OT after 8!
You want to do 3 13.3’s? OT after 8!
You want 4 10’s? OT after 8!

View attachment 169470 These are Teamsters, some of them died for and 8 hour day with OT after 8.
I never said no OT. I said i wouldnt mind mind working 3 13 1/3 and bubblehead jumped to conclusions and you ran with his comments and attributed them to me.

And go :censored2: yourself - I drove 3 hrs in the middle of the night and stood by myself in the dark with a picket sign on a highway in Illinois so upsers in 710 wouldn't have to work during the strike. Don't you dare lecture me on union activity.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I never said no OT. I said i wouldnt mind mind working 3 13 1/3 and bubblehead jumped to conclusions and you ran with his comments and attributed them to me.

And go :censored2: yourself - I drove 3 hrs in the middle of the night and stood by myself in the dark with a picket sign on a highway in Illinois so upsers in 710 wouldn't have to work during the strike. Don't you dare lecture me on union activity.

Damnnnnn

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Nice manners. Someone need a hug? I’m just addressing your words. It’s not my problem that you have zero self control by insulting people. Try being rational instead of emotional. “I know I said this but really meant that” doesn’t work here. And I wouldn’t compare our (yes OUR) strike of 1997 to “Bloody Friday”.
I eagerly await your next vulgarity.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Well Merry Christmas! To you too. But, I know what your saying. 20 yrs flew by

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You have to follow the conversation to see the context within which she made those comments.

I know what she was saying. And how. Just a lot of these talkers. Don't know what they are talking about. She was there. Along with you and I. Most of the complainers are dreaming. Cause a strike will never happen