2018 Contract leaks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is a common practice to reduce overtime at a lot of companies. So given the choice, you would start someone at 8am, with a 6pm pickup, to reduce hours, as opposed to starting them at 9am? Basic math, don’t be so naive.

Staggered and/or different start times would work.

Start some of the guys early to make sure we get the air off on time and start some later to cover the pickups.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
My personal best is 22 separate stops.
So @Robsmy is saying if they give you 30 min to deliver your NDA, that miraculously we would generate more revenue because you’ll pickup more air later? Seems that you would deliver 11 in a half hour (at your best), and the other 11 would be free. I’m not following Rob’s ideology.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So @Robsmy is saying if they give you 30 min to deliver your NDA, that miraculously we would generate more revenue because you’ll pickup more air later? Seems that you would deliver 11 in a half hour (at your best), and the other 11 would be free. I’m not following Rob’s ideology.

No reasonable person can follow his ideology.

ManInBrown

The last time they tried to set a curfew around here I would text in ...
"Not going to make it."
With their all-knowing stops left in my board calculation they figured I was bluffing, and would be getting them all done.
They text back..."get them all done AND make the curfew!"

With 5 stops left I said "You told me I will get a warning letter if I go over the curfew, but you would not send help, So I am now taking the remaining break and bringing the rest back as missed."

Sup drove up to the restaurant where I was taking break and pleaded with me to do the rest and punch out....

Nope, not going to happen.

He had me dump the stops out, I finished break and headed in. I have no idea what happened to the pkgs., and did not care. I left them on the curb with the sup.

No discipline.
Lol. They tried to pull that curfew BS here a few years ago. Lasted about 3 days. It’s real simple. If you want me in by 8pm, then my dispatch better reflect that, and if not all remaining work will be sheeted missed and I’ll bring it in. The idiocy is comical.

Over disciplined0123

Your confusing me now What in heavens name are you talking about if they give you 30 minutes to deliver air. This had nothing to do with how long they give you it’s about later start time We were told the late start time was because air is taking longer to process and 1 manager blames it on the fact of us returning to building so late (yea I know dos t make sense start us earlier ))) For some reason now that everything is scanned to you package car with this new system it’s adding an extra 45 minutes to the sort and preload wrap up time ... I would think to hire more people but remember we are micro managed to hell here. And in our building they really have not been caring about late air for the last 8 months : it’s almost impossible to leave building at 930 to 940 have a 20 minutes drive to your route and get 10 to 15 air stops done by 1030 ... I remember getting to my first stop at 900 in the good old days (2ywara ago)

Over disciplined0123

The last time they tried to set a curfew around here I would text in ...
"Not going to make it."
With their all-knowing stops left in my board calculation they figured I was bluffing, and would be getting them all done.
They text back..."get them all done AND make the curfew!"

With 5 stops left I said "You told me I will get a warning letter if I go over the curfew, but you would not send help, So I am now taking the remaining break and bringing the rest back as missed."

Sup drove up to the restaurant where I was taking break and pleaded with me to do the rest and punch out....

Nope, not going to happen.

He had me dump the stops out, I finished break and headed in. I have no idea what happened to the pkgs., and did not care. I left them on the curb with the sup.

No discipline.
Don’t you just love them replies sometimes They wonder why windshields are broke lol. You just want to throw that diad when you see replies like that .. I sent a message at 1015 once saying I had 12 airstops left any one to help out .The manager sends me a message absolutely no late air you have 15 minutes and you wasted 2 of them sending a message. That was a classic lmao

PrimeUPS

That's not what I'm saying. I don't hear guys complaining about 6 PM pickups. What I do hear is guys complaining about finishing their res at 745, 800, or even 830. If they can get all their deliveries off before the pickup trace, it makes days a lot easier. Not to mention there will always be OT whores that would take those late PU routes if they had the opportunity.

Plus, why do we have to start everyone at the same time? Right now, it makes sense, because we're tight on air. But if you can realistically get guys out at 8AM, you can still start guys at 9AM or 10AM, to keep their paid day down and still keep a reasonable day

Maybe. Maybe not. Every center, division, district, and even region varies so it's all relative but... Routes are planned with density. That's the basis of loop principles. A country route is going to have less air because of the miles from the center to area. In many cases, there is a relaxed commit to go with it. A vertical route down the road from the center in a downtown or urban setting will have very few miles, but extra time due to the use of elevators, docks, and stairs. Now, say you do start someone at 8. Who does the late pickups on that route? Are you now PM dispatching a substantial pickup run? What about on days where a split car isn't in that area, like a holiday-non-holiday like Columbus Day a few weeks ago? If you start someone at 10, who delivers the air for that route? I've seen where the difference in 10 minutes in start time has a dramatic effect on air feasibility. We both know you're not adding a car to service the air, not just because you have a two-hour staggered start. How many under 8s do you get with those 8a starts? In this area, unless it is a Monday and every load is on property when preload starts, there's no way they are down by 8. I'm all for leaving earlier and starting at 8, I know a lot of drivers would be, but that's predicated on the work being available to load and the load finished to leave by 8...

Over disciplined0123

Maybe. Maybe not. Every center, division, district, and even region varies so it's all relative but... Routes are planned with density. That's the basis of loop principles. A country route is going to have less air because of the miles from the center to area. In many cases, there is a relaxed commit to go with it. A vertical route down the road from the center in a downtown or urban setting will have very few miles, but extra time due to the use of elevators, docks, and stairs. Now, say you do start someone at 8. Who does the late pickups on that route? Are you now PM dispatching a substantial pickup run? What about on days where a split car isn't in that area, like a holiday-non-holiday like Columbus Day a few weeks ago? If you start someone at 10, who delivers the air for that route? I've seen where the difference in 10 minutes in start time has a dramatic effect on air feasibility. We both know you're not adding a car to service the air, not just because you have a two-hour staggered start. How many under 8s do you get with those 8a starts? In this area, unless it is a Monday and every load is on property when preload starts, there's no way they are down by 8. I'm all for leaving earlier and starting at 8, I know a lot of drivers would be, but that's predicated on the work being available to load and the load finished to leave by 8...
What really makes my blood boil is when drivers are not staffed and are going home the supervisor will ask hey can you take this air out on your way home and they do

Future

Victory Ride
What really makes my blood boil is when drivers are not staffed and are going home the supervisor will ask hey can you take this air out on your way home and they do
That’s not good ..... not saying this is correct either ....but have seen it where they would add time too that drivers day when he did work again

Future

Victory Ride
I thought the whole “scan at the delivery point” thingy put an end to this practice.
Like I said ... used too happen a lot in the past .... I think now they might give the individual a Diad too scan at location ... and have him drop Diad off ...at a pick up point near his home .... not saying I agree with this ... but have seen it happen