2018 Contract Proposals

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
? The same orion that has us delivering businesses after 5, pickups after they close, and just yesterday had me slated to deliver a 10:30 commit dead last. They can't use that failed program to do anything.
Yes. Sad but true. Who would a arbitrate follow? A computer system designed to meter delivery. Or a driver, who says it's not fair. Only way to beat orion. Is to follow it as humanly and safely possible. Break for commitments. That is it. Cya

Delivery!!!

Yes. Sad but true. Who would a arbitrate follow? A computer system designed to meter delivery, but fails miserably to the point some buildings don't use it and we're told not to during our busiest time of the year. Or a driver, who says it's not fair. Only way to beat orion. Is to follow it as humanly and safely possible. Break for commitments. That is it. Cya
Fixed it for you.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
On my 8 hour request, I get what they consider a 7.5 to 7.75 dispatch. I would like to think being allowed to bring it back at 8 keeps the dispatch in check. It's an immediate form of checks and balances, kinda like the Fred's 9.5 ideas. I like them.
If a Mall were to get an 8 hour day, dispatch would need a 4 hour plan.

ManInBrown

The only problem is. We know what an 8 hr day is. But, orion would be used as the barometer. 2 sided fight.
Performance can not be utilized for an 8 hour grievance. Means nothing. Here we can't grieve unless we work 1 minute over 8.5

2 of my last 3 eight hour days not honored were 2 minutes over and 6 minutes over. Grieved both and got paid. But that's not the point. We make good money. I don't need 2 hours penalty pay. I want my 8 hour day

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Performance can not be utilized for an 8 hour grievance. Means nothing. Here we can't grieve unless we work 1 minute over 8.5

2 of my last 3 eight hour days not honored were 2 minutes over and 6 minutes over. Grieved both and got paid. But that's not the point. We make good money. I don't need 2 hours penalty pay. I want my 8 hour day

We don't file in our building. Not worth the head ache. For the penalty. Our local went from one of the best. To the 1ST in the nation to agree on anything Hoffa throws at it. Including our pensions. I'm expecting our health care this contract.

ManInBrown

That's on you. No one else. You have to be the one to put forth the effort to file. If you don't. No one to blame but yourself. Not your local.
This. I File on everything, because as soon as you don't File, they know they got you. If someone doesn't file on everything you might as well not even get on the 9.5 you might as well not even request 8 hour days. They know you're not going to file so why would they care?

ManInBrown

What do you mean. We file. The local decides not to go with it. We are only a center of 22 full time routes. So we are expendable in their eyes
"the local decides not to go with it?" What the friend does that mean?

I'm so thankful to be in the 177. Are they perfect? No. But I really read some clown stuff on here that leaves me shaking my head. The 177 is pretty good about staying on top of things. I get my 9.5 grievance checks in a timely fashion and my 8 hour grievances.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
Has the central region gained anything from this right to strike? Has it put them in a better position than other regions that dont have this right?

I would think that the only real benefit to gain from a strike would be from a nationwide strike, not a local one.
The answer to your question is no but we are still the only region with this hammer. I know it's a dilapidated one but it's what we have. Should we trade it for something?