2018 Contract Proposals

brown_trousers

The answer to your question is no but we are still the only region with this hammer. I know it's a dilapidated one but it's what we have. Should we trade it for something?

Well yes, if its something that is not going to be used, and has provided no benefit. Trade it for something that will be of benefit

Union Power

Silent member
Gumby's local was being unreasonable-----Hoffa did the right thing for the members as a whole.
You flippantly say this untruth.

Hoffa allowed two whole regions to vote on and force TeamCare down the throats of the rest of the affected members without being subject to it being their new healthcare.

You are lost. Post truth and we'll listen. Posting this lie over and over again makes you look ignorant.

Are you ignorant? You know this is a lie.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You flippantly say this untruth.

Hoffa allowed two whole regions to vote on and force TeamCare down the throats of the rest of the affected members without being subject to it being their new healthcare.

You are lost. Post truth and we'll listen. Posting this lie over and over again makes you look ignorant.

Are you ignorant? You know this is a lie.

That's his M.O.

Been doing it for years

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was a given that the Company wanted out of the healthcare business.

Elections are expensive and it quickly became obvious that the results were not going to change.

Hoffa did the right thing for the vast majority of the members.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
A solvent pension?
The pension issue is far to big of an issue. We are talking a lot of sacrifices and a lot of zeroes. Giving the right to strike away for a shore up of all the pensions would break the backs of the employer the employees and the customers. In hindsight we should have gotten out of the central states pension and all of the others in 1997.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
On my 8 hour request, I get what they consider a 7.5 to 7.75 dispatch. I would like to think being allowed to bring it back at 8 keeps the dispatch in check. It's an immediate form of checks and balances, kinda like the Fred's 9.5 ideas. I like them.
i always dispatched around a 7.5-7.75 plan then followed up with the driver to make sure he thought it was fair

just wasn't worth the drama, i don't get the dispatchers that like to fight with drivers about a measly 10 stops :rolleyes:

Union Power

Silent member
It was a given that the Company wanted out of the healthcare business.

Elections are expensive and it quickly became obvious that the results were not going to change.

Hoffa did the right thing for the vast majority of the members.
What election are you talking about now?
The National was passed by about 3000 votes.
That was "the right thing" he did to members?
Allowing two whole regions to vote on the healthcare plan for others that would be subjected to the change but they weren't was garbage.
So let's let the rest of the country vote on your pension in NY.
You need quit saying that blanket statement because the "vast majority" of posters on here disagree with the lies you post.

Teamcare is not as bad as the C6 plan the ibt offered to us so they could "enhance it" and say...."There, it mirrors your existing plan" the second time we voted but the issue was also the crooked ways they presented it. Does it mirror the company plan? No. Healthcare is changing, I'll give you that but getting lied to about it and allowing others to vote it in without getting it themselves is WRONG.
You must be as gullible as the ibt thought that we were.
Evidently the company is not "out of the healthcare business" either. Get your facts straight.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well. Seems like the Hoffa brownout is in affect. Not a word about anything. So far O'Brien did the most. But, he was fired. We are so screwed.

I hate to agree with you, but yeah we are screwed.

The National committee met to review contract proposals.

The 2-man committee is scheduled for 10-17-2017.

What more.... are you expecting at this point ?

Did you want to peruse the lunch menu ?

Relax.

-Bug-

Union Power

Silent member
The National committee met to review contract proposals.

The 2-man committee is scheduled for 10-17-2017.

What more.... are you expecting at this point ?

Did you want to peruse the lunch menu ?

Relax.

-Bug-
It looks like people are gun shy BUG. Can't blame some of them but I'm hopng it'll be better than last time. (At least for the part time starting wage.)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It looks like people are gun shy BUG. Can't blame some of them but I'm hopng it'll be better than last time. (At least for the part time starting wage.)

I totally get it.

They just shouldn't expect minute by minute updates.

When there is something meaningful.... I'm sure they will update everyone.

It would behoove them to do so, now with an online presence.

-Bug-

anHOURover

I totally get it.

They just shouldn't expect minute by minute updates.

When there is something meaningful.... I'm sure they will update everyone.

It would behoove them to do so, now with an online presence.

-Bug-
It's a brownout !! Same as last practice
FACT
STOP TRYING TO SUGARCOAT IT BUGGER
FACT

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You planning on getting some of your friends hired as pvd?
Are you asking so that you can "hide behind the contract"?

I am curious as to how the union plans to respond to this subcontracting.

$18.75/hr and $.78/mile to run off residentials is not a bad deal. We already have a few people signed up.

Union Power

Silent member
It's a brownout !! Same as last practice
FACT
STOP TRYING TO SUGARCOAT IT BUGGER
FACT
Are you still standing in the corner, in time out?
Sugar-coat this:
I got my dentist bill today and teamcare paid it at 100%. I had a molar repaired. Zero out of pocket.
Please quit whining. Life isn't perfect. If you can make better wages and receive better healthcare somewhere else please go.
Otherwise, get a new box of Huggies and a pacifier.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you still standing in the corner, in time out?
Sugar-coat this:
I got my dentist bill today and teamcare paid it at 100%. I had a molar repaired. Zero out of pocket.
Please quit whining. Life isn't perfect. If you can make better wages and receive better healthcare somewhere else please go.
Otherwise, get a new box of Huggies and a pacifier.

Is your dentist a participating provider?