2022 step increase

Serf

There is no "has to be" anything with fedex unfortunately. Should be maybe but not has to be.
True. I guess I’m just being slightly optimistic. I just have this feeling 2% would open the flood gate for resignation and I’d be stuck covering night routes or absorbing 50 extra p2 and poo like that.

Aquaman

True. I guess I’m just being slightly optimistic. I just have this feeling 2% would open the flood gate for resignation and I’d be stuck covering night routes or absorbing 50 extra p2 and poo like that.
This company was drowning in record profit during the pandemic and gave us 2%, while flaunting signs all over stations that we were “heroes”. There’s no limit to their disrespect. No line they won’t cross. In the best year this company had ever had, I was out exposing myself to a pandemic. Caught the virus, was honest about it, and lost 2 weeks of vacation for my honesty. Then I was given a 2% raise during record profit instead of my bigger deserved step raise. All while wearing a “heroes work here” mask to protect myself……. That is FedEx Express.

yadig

This company was drowning in record profit during the pandemic and gave us 2%, while flaunting signs all over stations that we were “heroes”. There’s no limit to their disrespect. No line they won’t cross. In the best year this company had ever had, I was out exposing myself to a pandemic. Caught the virus, was honest about it, and lost 2 weeks of vacation for my honesty. Then I was given a 2% raise during record profit instead of my bigger deserved step raise. All while wearing a “heroes work here” mask to protect myself……. That is FedEx Express.
That’s FedEx in general. Ground is gonna get a heavy dose of it

Nolimitz

Sorry but anyone using/wearing FedEx trinkets (masks, T-shirts, whatever) needs "chump" tattooed on their forehead

Serf

Then I was given a 2% raise during record profit instead of my bigger deserved step raise. All while wearing a “heroes work here” mask to protect myself……. That is FedEx Express.
This is pure gold. Should be written on every bathroom wall in the lower 48. But I can’t disagree. You’re right.

Aquaman

This is pure gold. Should be written on every bathroom wall in the lower 48. But I can’t disagree. You’re right.
Anybody thinking there’s no way they can give a bad raise, or NO raise this year… not with 9% inflation. There’s no way they can let the pay fall any less competitive…. Think again.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Anybody thinking there’s no way they can give a bad raise, or NO raise this year… not with 9% inflation. There’s no way they can let the pay fall any less competitive…. Think again.

The company touts how they are "on Forbe's (or whoever's) list of most admired companies." That list must have a really low bar to get on it. I haven't looked at that list, but I'd bet McDonalds, Roto Rooter, Walmart, 7-Eleven are on it too. Doesn't mean you'd want to work there. There is no low FedEx will stoop down to. Everything is on the table. They very well could give another 2% raise this year while at the same time giving a 50% raise in dividends to stockholders. FedEx thinks of their employees more like serfs. I read that like 25 years ago UPS and FedEx's pay was only a couple of dollars apart. Now FedEx pays 1/2 what UPS does. They aren't ashamed about it either. They keep talking about a "market level increase" at many locations, but never do it. FedEx is the stingiest, tightest, biggest bunch of cheap skates around. They are the fast food of delivery pay. I fully expect to hear "no raise this year due to the possibility of an upcoming recession sometime in the future."

!Retired!

Tried to downgrade last year, SM said nope, too short handed. So I retired.
So instead of having you part of the time, with a chance you might work extra every now and then, they're shorthanded another courier. Sometimes I wonder what goes through their minds. Most of the times I try not to think about it. Now that I'm retired, I don't think of it at all

Aquaman

The company touts how they are "on Forbe's (or whoever's) list of most admired companies." That list must have a really low bar to get on it. I haven't looked at that list, but I'd bet McDonalds, Roto Rooter, Walmart, 7-Eleven are on it too. Doesn't mean you'd want to work there. There is no low FedEx will stoop down to. Everything is on the table. They very well could give another 2% raise this year while at the same time giving a 50% raise in dividends to stockholders. FedEx thinks of their employees more like serfs. I read that like 25 years ago UPS and FedEx's pay was only a couple of dollars apart. Now FedEx pays 1/2 what UPS does. They aren't ashamed about it either. They keep talking about a "market level increase" at many locations, but never do it. FedEx is the stingiest, tightest, biggest bunch of cheap skates around. They are the fast food of delivery pay. I fully expect to hear "no raise this year due to the possibility of an upcoming recession sometime in the future."
Well the company doesn’t compete with UPS. When you send a message on keyword “open door” complaining about the pay, and they come back touting studies that show they’re competitive… they don’t mean against UPS. Express used to be ABOVE other companies in benefits & pay. I remember taking this job for Blue Cross Blue Shield & a traditional pension. Well the company looked around and realized other companies were getting by with giving less. So they stooped down to what everyone else was doing and claimed they were competitive. The goal for a company this size should not be to compete… but to win. You want to be the best. FedEx doesn’t care about that anymore. This company does not compete.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Well the company doesn’t compete with UPS. When you send a message on keyword “open door” complaining about the pay, and they come back touting studies that show they’re competitive… they don’t mean against UPS. Express used to be ABOVE other companies in benefits & pay. I remember taking this job for Blue Cross Blue Shield & a traditional pension. Well the company looked around and realized other companies were getting by with giving less. So they stooped down to what everyone else was doing and claimed they were competitive. The goal for a company this size should not be to compete… but to win. You want to be the best. FedEx doesn’t care about that anymore. This company does not compete.

Well we do compete with UPS. That's our main competitor. I know FedEx will claim we are competing with McDonald's, Burger King, Hardees, but that's a completely different sector. We're not competing with Verizon or T-mobile or Quick Trip or 7-Eleven. We are in the shipping business and we compete with UPS. What FedEx is doing is gaslighting us into thinking we compete with everyone but UPS. And for RTDs, they again claim they're competitive, but we start out at under $22/hr and it takes anywhere from supposedly 5 years to 20+ years to top out. You can go to FedEx Freight, Old Dominion, Dayton, etc. and start out on day one making $29 to $30/hr. Or you can work at UPS starting out at $30 and topping out at over $40 in less than 5 years. They can try to gaslight us all they want, but we know the truth.

whenIgetthere

So instead of having you part of the time, with a chance you might work extra every now and then, they're shorthanded another courier. Sometimes I wonder what goes through their minds. Most of the times I try not to think about it. Now that I'm retired, I don't think of it at all
Exactly.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
One has to wonder how they acquired so many asswholez to ‘manage’ Express. They all must idolize Fat Freddy. What a pathetic bunch.

floridays

What's funny about this post @48meeting,? I'm willing to listen to your point of view.

Might be easier understanding you if you get the gristle out of your teeth.

Ok, you know I don't like you, make your case.

Aquaman

Well we do compete with UPS. That's our main competitor. I know FedEx will claim we are competing with McDonald's, Burger King, Hardees, but that's a completely different sector. We're not competing with Verizon or T-mobile or Quick Trip or 7-Eleven. We are in the shipping business and we compete with UPS. What FedEx is doing is gaslighting us into thinking we compete with everyone but UPS. And for RTDs, they again claim they're competitive, but we start out at under $22/hr and it takes anywhere from supposedly 5 years to 20+ years to top out. You can go to FedEx Freight, Old Dominion, Dayton, etc. and start out on day one making $29 to $30/hr. Or you can work at UPS starting out at $30 and topping out at over $40 in less than 5 years. They can try to gaslight us all they want, but we know the truth.
We compete with UPS in service… not in pay/benefits. From an employee, that’s the only form of competition I care about. I don’t care if we are outperforming our main competitor or not. I care if we’re outpaying them.

MAKAVELI

We compete with UPS in service… not in pay/benefits. From an employee, that’s the only form of competition I care about. I don’t care if we are outperforming our main competitor or not. I care if we’re outpaying them.
And yet this company expects better service with lower pay. FedEx really is a Chinese company in disguise.

fedx

Extra Large Package

We compete with UPS in the shipping sector. It would be like Verizon and T-Mobile are both competitors in cell service, but Verizon tells everyone "we don't compete in cell service" or "T-Mobile isn't our competition." That would be a lie and FedEx saying we don't compete with UPS is also a lie. It's to the level of being called gaslighting it's such a blatant, bold faced lie. It's challenging a person's sanity to believe their BS. And for them to even say "we compete with them in service, but nothing else" is a cheap cop out to not pay employees what they should. You can't compete with a company in service if you're paying your employees half of what your competition pays.

FedExMan

This step chart hasn’t progressed since 2019. When the top pay moves step 1-10 adjust about 3% per year. Even without progressing we would be owed 12% cola raise. (Not the same as step progression.)
Then on top of that inflation is at an all time high and this company is making profits and revenue is through the roof.
Two things can fix this if we don’t get a substantial raise this year:

1. We pick a day and have a blackout day where EVERYONE doesn’t show up that day.
2. Unionization.

Other than that they don’t give a :censored2:.