2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

It is in the interest of both management and the teamsters to come up with a fair contract. While pay is an important factor, flexibility is just as important. UPS needs to be able to stay competitive. The competitive landscape has changed. Amazon is much bigger company than UPS and they are capable of scaling up quickly and absorbing what UPS loses from even a perceived strike.
I doubt Amazon pays anywhere near as well as UPS, so teamsters need to think about who the real adversary is. On the other side of the equation, you have automation. Competitors will be looking to automation to bring down costs. That means less jobs. It is inevitable. Remember toll collectors in every booth? A thing of the past. I think driverless long haul vehicles are on the horizon (in two to three years time). More hub automation. UPS has to be able to stay competitive. Or else the business will falter. You cannot stop progress. More automation is the future, whether it is delivered by UPS or a competitor.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It is in the interest of both management and the teamsters to come up with a fair contract. While pay is an important factor, flexibility is just as important. UPS needs to be able to stay competitive. The competitive landscape has changed. Amazon is much bigger company than UPS and they are capable of scaling up quickly and absorbing what UPS loses from even a perceived strike.
I doubt Amazon pays anywhere near as well as UPS, so teamsters need to think about who the real adversary is. On the other side of the equation, you have automation. Competitors will be looking to automation to bring down costs. That means less jobs. It is inevitable. Remember toll collectors in every booth? A thing of the past. I think driverless long haul vehicles are on the horizon (in two to three years time). More hub automation. UPS has to be able to stay competitive. Or else the business will falter. You cannot stop progress. More automation is the future, whether it is delivered by UPS or a competitor.
UPS is earning big. Time to share the profits.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol

DF6D5B96-3C53-48F8-ACEB-55B94BE54086.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Read from the Company script...:flirtysmile3:

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Agreed. A contract must be made to win for both sides. Amazon is really a threat to our delivery business and we treat them as a customer versus our adversary.
Automation should be the corner stone for UPS. I hope the executive team sees it as.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Agreed. A contract must be made to win for both sides. Amazon is really a threat to our delivery business and we treat them as a customer versus our adversary.
Automation should be the corner stone for UPS. I hope the executive team sees it as.
Amazon is ripping through employees at a rate that soon will leave them facing staffing shortages. The burn-em' up business model will work for just so long.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If Amazon is such a threat why are we delivering so many of thier packages at a discounted price?
GTFO with the Fear Mongering

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
If Amazon is such a threat why are we delivering so many of thier packages at a discounted price?
GTFO with the Fear Mongering
Don't be so sure. Amazon has proven that they're willing to sustain significant losses in the short-term in order to see their long-term goals fulfilled. Bezos and co. aren't stupid.

In the end, people just want their :censored2: delivered and they want it asap. Most of them don't care about the "service" we provide or that Amazon parks on the wrong side of the road. I'm not justifying it but it's the reality of where the industry is headed.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Amazon is ripping through employees at a rate that soon will leave them facing staffing shortages. The burn-em' up business model will work for just so long.
You really need to go watch a video and see how much this company innovated itself into what it is today. Then you may understand that this is only a bump in the road to their success.