2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Not even close at all
Back then UPS maybe had a 50% then FedEx maybe a little bit less
Amazon is worth almost 10 times what UPS is right now, and I got plenty of money to burn and they aren't afraid to use it

Still, the young guys have to learn. I don’t recognize anyone from my old building unless I get out on the very rural areas. If I drive by the building, all I see are 60k+ trucks the newer drivers buy as soon as they make top rate. Not too mention the toys.

Time for a dose of reality.

DaveA

I don't see a strike happening. Bad for both sides. I can see it coming down to the wire.

I would also be surprised if the US president allows a strike. Doesn't he have the power to stop it?

' The national emergency provisions in the Taft-Hartley Act authorize the President to adopt emergency measures whenever, "a threatened or actual strike or lockout affecting an entire industry... will, if permitted to occur or to continue, imperil the national health or safety.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We are living in completely different times then in 97’. First off we were king and no one else even came close. Yes we lost customers, some who’ve still not come back, but most stayed out of necessity.

Then FDX bought RPS and threw the possibility of a strike at customers faces every time our contract came back around. Clearly our competitors have been quite successful in their negotiations because I see a whole lot of former customers in the their trucks now.

As far as Carey, he was a tool who called a strike that mainly was about a pension that needed to be bailed out by UPS years later anyways.

It went 2 1/2 weeks presumably because the $55 strike checks we all got bankrupted the unions strike fund.

Today though….you guys expect solidarity! BC is only a snapshot of our true ranks but we are far from United. These new employees are entitled lead asses who can barely show up for work on time let alone stand up for something that can’t be seen immediately with their own two eyes.

We are living in completely different times then in 97’. First off we were king and no one else even came close. Yes we lost customers, some who’ve still not come back, but most stayed out of necessity.

Then FDX bought RPS and threw the possibility of a strike at customers faces every time our contract came back around. Clearly our competitors have been quite successful in their negotiations because I see a whole lot of former customers in the their trucks now.

As far as Carey, he was a tool who called a strike that mainly was about a pension that needed to be bailed out by UPS years later anyways.

It went 2 1/2 weeks presumably because the $55 strike checks we all got bankrupted the unions strike fund.

Today though….you guys expect solidarity! BC is only a snapshot of our true ranks but we are far from United. These new employees are entitled lead asses who can barely show up for work on time let alone stand up for something that can’t be seen immediately with their own two eyes.
Go look at your seniority list and see how many drivers was there before 1997.
Answer it's not too many

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Going to depend on what the full time drivers want and are willing to give up for a strike. I would say 75 percent of part time employees don't care either way, ups is already in the process of shrinking that force and most dont stay or read the union book to care enough about a strike

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Go look at your seniority list and see how many drivers was there before 1997.
Answer it's not too many
Part timers are very upset about their market rate going bye bye…use this to our advantage. 22.4’s upset they get worked to the bone, no hours protection, less pay… use that to our advantage. All drivers (like you keep saying) upset that they abused everyone during the pandemic… use that to our advantage. Don’t sell out the membership as being soft…naysayers might be surprised.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Going to depend on what the full time drivers want and are willing to give up for a strike. I would say 75 percent of part time employees don't care either way, ups is already in the process of shrinking that force and most dont stay or read the union book to care enough about a strike
You can only shrink the workforce so much…and if some part timers leave it’s just going to be that much harder for them to staff the operations…seems like a stupid thing to gamble on.

Part timers are very upset about their market rate going bye bye…use this to our advantage. 22.4’s upset they get worked to the bone, no hours protection, less pay… use that to our advantage. All drivers (like you keep saying) upset that they abused everyone during the pandemic… use that to our advantage. Don’t sell out the membership as being soft…naysayers might be surprised.
Just give us a reasonable contract no excuse for not to do that. The company's making record profits off of our backs

Then ones are getting rewarded are the shareholders

With the shareholders jumping their cars and be PVD drivers and see how much they like that crap

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You can only shrink the workforce so much…and if some part timers leave it’s just going to be that much harder for them to staff the operations…seems like a stupid thing to gamble on.
The numbers say they can get one person to do 3 jobs

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The numbers say they can get one person to do 3 jobs
Corporations say a lot of things and are always trying to get more with less.. we need language in the contract that addresses properly staffing the operations…if a sup is caught working more than 3 times they have to become a hourly union member…we need language in the contract that is next level….