2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What happens when the company attempts to use the PTers against the FTers.

What's to stop the company from spreading that they are trying to give the PTers $22 starting and a $3 dollar bump to all existing PTers?

There are lots of games companies can play.
That’s why negotiations are starting so late to try and minimize the bull:censored2: and get down to it

542thruNthru

That’s why negotiations are starting so late to try and minimize the bull:censored2: and get down to it
That makes no sense to me. It's not like the union gets to say "oh it's Aug 1st no more negotiating. You either give us what we want or we strike!"

They still have to bargain in good faith. We don't get to just walk away from the table because it's Aug 1st.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
That makes no sense to me. It's not like the union gets to say "oh it's Aug 1st no more negotiating. You either give us what we want or we strike!"

They still have to bargain in good faith. We don't get to just walk away from the table because it's Aug 1st.
After seeing the damage that was done to our volume with just the fear of strike after 97’, that’s why both the company and the union agreed to the “no strike” clause.

It’s a very dangerous line you walk, you can’t look week but then you also don’t want to look foolish.

Thebrownblob

It’s a strategy for sure, will it work who knows? My guess is they will extend it if they’re making progress.

542thruNthru

It’s a strategy for sure, will it work who knows. My guess is they will extend it if they’re making progress.
The union would much more prefer to go out on a ULP strike than a economic strike. With that said I'm willing to bet it gets extended. Either way we'll still need a greater support of the membership.

Thebrownblob

The union would much more prefer to go out on a ULP strike than a economic strike. With that said I'm willing to bet it gets extended. Either way we'll still need a greater support of the membership.
ULP strike would have a lot more support from the outside as well. Economic strike would have us framed as overpaid somehow. Even though most people have no idea what the job entails.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

They’ll have 5 months how much time do they need ffs

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
This crap of every contract taken 7,8,9 10 months past the deadline is getting ridiculous

Plus you have time for all the local supplements to be voted on also

The Company dragged the deadline because they knew Hoffa wouldn’t strike, the Union dragged the ratification for a yea vote for those greedy suckers who wanted their retro pay now. That is how you pass concessionary contracts 101, and of course using that 50 % participation as a Trump card even when it is voted down ... I believe that they negotiate the supplements before the Master.

The Company dragged the deadline because they knew Hoffa wouldn’t strike, the Union dragged the ratification for a yea vote for those greedy suckers who wanted their retro pay now. That is how you pass concessionary contracts 101, and of course using that 50 % participation as a Trump card even when it is voted down ... I believe that they negotiate the supplements before the Master.
If you strike the retro is gone

DELACROIX

If you strike the retro is gone

That is why Carey never let the members vote on the initial UPS proposals.. there was too much to lose with the pension takeover, I believe that if UPS was successful back in “97” the Western Conferences pension would be half of what it is today. I still remember some of our members crying over not being allowed to vote before the strike. The Company was sending vote yes letters to their homes and their wife’s trying to force a vote knowing full well that most of our membership we’re too scared and would vote “yes” on any piece of garbage.

They been using that retro pay gimmick over the last couple of contracts in the same way the Company used that 1982 bonus in order to get that two tier language implemented. I still remember getting mail from the international stating in it’s letterhead “It’s your retro pay ..you deserve it now” just vote “yes” ...👹...I was ready to 🤢🤮

That is why Carey never let the members vote on the initial UPS proposals.. there was too much to lose with the pension takeover, I believe that if UPS was successful back in “97” the Western Conferences pension would be half of what it is today. I still remember some of our members crying over not being allowed to vote before the strike. The Company was sending vote yes letters to their homes and their wife’s trying to force a vote knowing full well that most of our membership we’re too scared and would vote “yes” on any piece of garbage.

They been using that retro pay gimmick over the last couple of contracts in the same way the Company used that 1982 bonus in order to get that two tier language implemented. I still remember getting mail from the international stating in it’s letterhead “It’s your retro pay ..you deserve it now” just vote “yes” ...👹...I was ready to 🤢🤮
I still remember them taking a full page out in a local paper in 1997 trying to tell everyone how much we made and of course the number was over inflated

DELACROIX

I still remember them taking a full page out in a local paper in 1997 trying to tell everyone how much we made and of course the number was over inflated

I still have the large pamphlet that spelled out their pension proposal...They were going to take all your vested time under the Union’s plans and count it toward their new and improved pension plan. Vesting stopped at 35 years ... 100 dollars per service years... part time years were set at 50 dollar a year. No mention of health benefits.. everybody knows where that was heading..

The Company has a long history of playing with people’s pension, once they got control we would of been at their mercy...just look at the members who have vested time under the “UPS Pension for Part Timers”.. what kind of improvements have there been since the implementation of the IBT/UPS pension plan back in 2008...

I still have the large pamphlet that spelled out their pension proposal...They were going to take all your vested time under the Union’s plans and count it toward their new and improved pension plan. Vesting stopped at 35 years ... 100 dollars per service years... part time years were set at 50 dollar a year. No mention of health benefits.. everybody knows where that was heading..

The Company has a long history of playing with people’s pension, once they got control we would of been at their mercy...just look at the members who have vested time under the “UPS Pension for Part Timers”.. what kind of improvements have there been since the implementation of the IBT/UPS pension plan back in 2008...
Just like Management's pension....

oldngray

nowhere special

We distrusted the union slightly less than we distrusted UPS