2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

542thruNthru

Going to depend on what the full time drivers want and are willing to give up for a strike. I would say 75 percent of part time employees don't care either way, ups is already in the process of shrinking that force and most dont stay or read the union book to care enough about a strike
What happens when the company attempts to use the PTers against the FTers.

What's to stop the company from spreading that they are trying to give the PTers $22 starting and a $3 dollar bump to all existing PTers?

There are lots of games companies can play.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
What happens when the company attempts to use the PTers against the FTers.

What's to stop the company from spreading that they are trying to give the PTers $22 starting and a $3 dollar bump to all existing PTers?

There are lots of games companies can play.
You are missing my point, part times don't care either way about going on strike or not, most don't have no vested time into it

542thruNthru

You are missing my point, part times don't care either way about going on strike or not, most don't have no vested time into it
No I got your point. I'm asking do you think they won't care when they see their potential raises and the only reason they are on strike is because of the FTers that hate them or do you think they'll cross/vote instead?

The company is going to play some dirty tricks is all I'm saying.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
No I got your point. I'm asking do you think they won't care when they see their potential raises and the only reason they are on strike is because of the FTers that hate them or do you think they'll cross/vote instead?

The company is going to play some dirty tricks is all I'm saying.
I think most of the part timer will stay home, they won't cross

Johney

Strikeline was full every day, a few pilots walked the line with us as well.
I wouldn't count on either of those two happening.
Carey called a strike that mainly was about a pension that needed to be bailed out by UPS years later anyways.
That's exactly what is was about. UPS wanted to take over the pension fund and Carey didn't want to lose that money. There was no buy out of the pension fund as I recall they just wanted to take it over. Years later they got the Central States plan for what? 6.6 billion? Then pissed all that away. You have to wonder where all our pensions would be had they let them take it over.

542thruNthru

I can't recall any of our part timers on the picket line. They were all full time drivers.
That could be because they were on different shifts. Have to have the strike line up 24/7. Easier to keep people there during their normal shift. Doubt many FT driver's were walking the picket line at 2am.

PT Car Washer

That could be because they were on different shifts. Have to have the strike line up 24/7. Easier to keep people there during their normal shift. Doubt many FT driver's were walking the picket line at 2am.
The Union scheduled picket line duty by your normal work schedule. So at 2:00 AM it would be mostly Feeder drivers and PT midnight sort.