2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

Johney

This crap of every contract taken 7,8,9 10 months past the deadline is getting ridiculous
Untrue. I remember a contract not too long ago when two feeder drivers from N.C. I believe tried to start their own union. UPWA? That contract was signed and ratified before the Aug. 1st deadline as I remember it. So it can be done.

Johney

Yuup. Male plants have "balls".
I use feminized seeds so I have no issues with the boys.
There's a fine line when the balls show up to germination. If you catch them long before they show your good. Feminized seeds? Nice never heard of that. Cool. Not that I know anything about cultivation....heard from a friend.

542thruNthru

Untrue. I remember a contract not too long ago when two feeder drivers from N.C. I believe tried to start their own union. UPWA? That contract was signed and ratified before the Aug. 1st deadline as I remember it. So it can be done.
I think you may be mistaken. I may be incorrect but I think the APWA was around 2007 and I think a tentative agreement wasn't reached till September of that year. Though that is quicker than it has been lately.

Edit... I am wrong.. it was 11 months before the contract was supposed to expire. Good memory @Johney

Though from what I'm reading they started super early on negotiations.

Johney

I think you may be mistaken. I may be incorrect but I think the APWA was around 2007 and I think a tentative agreement wasn't reached till September of that year. Though that is quicker than it has been lately.

Edit... I am wrong.. it was 11 months before the contract was supposed to expire. Good memory @Johney

I thought so. I remember they wanted it done before those two guys could get a firm foothold. We had a couple guys in my building that were really pushing for them.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I believe the reason for the early settlement had to due to the Pension Protection act of 2006, Thinking there were penalties applied to the underfunded pension plans after January 2008. Both the Union and Company wanted this contract settled before that deadline.

Meanwhile the IBT/UPS pension was created in 2007 after UPS paid that 6 billion dollar withdrawal fee to the Central States pension plan. Of course that payment was affected by the 2008 market collapse.

The failed APWA attempt was a desperate attempt to get control over the monetary contributions, they were promising the moon in order to decertify the Teamsters after everybody got wind of how bad the Central really was.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1649548498654.jpeg

That’s @rod and a bunch of supervisors with billy clubs ..
🧔‍♂️✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1649548661677.jpeg

That’s the UPS mechanics in the blue ..they wanted to fix the trucks but it cost too much.
🧔‍♂️✊
PUTTING UNION LIVES AT RISK
#UNIONLIVESMATTER