22.4 combo driver with hub always included.

PizzaToUps

is it possible to be a 22.4 combo driver and always have the option to work preload and then do air or a split afterwards? In addition, would it be possible for a 22.4 to be called in at 2 PM to do a pick up string and then do an air relay and finish the day off working local sort? That to me describes a 22.4 combo driver instead of a new name to cover driver.

I am asking this because HR, union reps, and the on car supervisors don’t really know the answer. Do any of you have insight on this? Thank you

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
...no one knows yet ...still waiting on 22.4s here. I think they will appear when we start delivering 7 days a week next year.

542thruNthru

is it possible to be a 22.4 combo driver and always have the option to work preload and then do air or a split afterwards? In addition, would it be possible for a 22.4 to be called in at 2 PM to do a pick up string and then do an air relay and finish the day off working local sort? That to me describes a 22.4 combo driver instead of a new name to cover driver.

I am asking this because HR, union reps, and the on car supervisors don’t really know the answer. Do any of you have insight on this? Thank you

Where are you located? More then likely your dreams will not come true and you will be a Cover Driver more then anything

clean hairy

How would we know if the ones who are supposed to know don't know?
All we can do speculate like everyone else.
Do we look like the Great Karnack ?

542thruNthru

I am in the southwest package rider yes.

Then you will be a cover driver. There will be no working preload/twilight or running only pick UPS or EAMs.

Screenshot_20190723-191853_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20190723-191859_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Sorry but in our area a 22.4 is just a higher paid Cover Driver that works T-S or W-S.

PizzaToUps

Then you will be a cover driver. There will be no working preload/twilight or running only pick UPS or EAMs.

View attachment 256779 View attachment 256778

Sorry but in our area a 22.4 is just a higher paid Cover Driver that works T-S or W-S.

Okay thank you for answering. here’s a big question then, if someone were to turn down the 22.4 and remain part time, would they still be able to bid on a RPCD before 22.4 drivers if they had higher seniority than them?

542thruNthru

Okay thank you for answering. here’s a big question then, if someone were to turn down the 22.4 and remain part time, would they still be able to bid on a RPCD before 22.4 drivers if they had higher seniority than them?

Yes the list would go off your hire date. Still I would recommend becoming a 22.4. Yes is less pay then a RPCD but its guaranteed 40 hours and FT pension. Plus you only have to qualify once.

Screenshot_20190723-193635_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20190723-193726_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

PizzaToUps

Yes the list would go off your hire date. Still I would recommend becoming a 22.4. Yes is less pay then a RPCD but its guaranteed 40 hours and FT pension. Plus you only have to qualify once.

View attachment 256781
View attachment 256782

So I can skip 22.4 and still go regular RPCD as I work preload still? I ask this because I have another job and not ready to give it up yet but I would take RPCD when it becomes available in the future.