22.4 combo driver with hub always included.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by PizzaToUps, Jul 23, 2019.

1. PizzaToUps

PizzaToUps Member

is it possible to be a 22.4 combo driver and always have the option to work preload and then do air or a split afterwards? In addition, would it be possible for a 22.4 to be called in at 2 PM to do a pick up string and then do an air relay and finish the day off working local sort? That to me describes a 22.4 combo driver instead of a new name to cover driver.

I am asking this because HR, union reps, and the on car supervisors don’t really know the answer. Do any of you have insight on this? Thank you

2. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

...no one knows yet ...still waiting on 22.4s here. I think they will appear when we start delivering 7 days a week next year.

3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Where are you located? More then likely your dreams will not come true and you will be a Cover Driver more then anything

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

How would we know if the ones who are supposed to know don't know?
    All we can do speculate like everyone else.
    Do we look like the Great Karnack ?

5. PizzaToUps

PizzaToUps Member

I am located near you in SoCal. If so combo driver is a dumb name for this glorified weekend delivery cover driver role

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. PizzaToUps

PizzaToUps Member

Because a lot of you guys are smarter than management

7. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

They do not like intelligant folks in management.

8. 542thruNthru

Do you know what local number you are? If you're in the southwest package rider then for sure your dream will not come true.

9. PizzaToUps

PizzaToUps Member

I am in the southwest package rider yes.

10. Love these people thinking a 22.4 job will be easy work..wrong..your about to become underpaid coverdrivers ..enjoy the 10 hr days

11. 542thruNthru

Then you will be a cover driver. There will be no working preload/twilight or running only pick UPS or EAMs.

Screenshot_20190723-191853_Adobe Acrobat.jpg Screenshot_20190723-191859_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Sorry but in our area a 22.4 is just a higher paid Cover Driver that works T-S or W-S.

12. PizzaToUps

PizzaToUps Member

Okay thank you for answering. here’s a big question then, if someone were to turn down the 22.4 and remain part time, would they still be able to bid on a RPCD before 22.4 drivers if they had higher seniority than them?

13. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Does a 22.4 make more $$ than a hubrat?

If so don’t expect much hub time

14. 542thruNthru

Yes the list would go off your hire date. Still I would recommend becoming a 22.4. Yes is less pay then a RPCD but its guaranteed 40 hours and FT pension. Plus you only have to qualify once.

Screenshot_20190723-193635_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190723-193726_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

15. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

228698EC-7F87-4953-A3C4-8E44884D04FA.gif

16. PizzaToUps

PizzaToUps Member

So I can skip 22.4 and still go regular RPCD as I work preload still? I ask this because I have another job and not ready to give it up yet but I would take RPCD when it becomes available in the future.

17. 542thruNthru

Yes

18. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Only if no other 22.4 driver wants to be a RPCD.

19. 542thruNthru

Again... not true where me and him are.

20. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

In my building a PT can't out bid a FT except under very rare circumstances. And that rare circumstance has been tied up since last February in my building.