22.4 combo driver with hub always included.

PizzaToUps

Where are you located? More then likely your dreams will not come true and you will be a Cover Driver more then anything

Do you know if it’s HR who manually changes your pay rate once you go through progression or is it done by corporate or automated? I ask this because my vacations still pay me as a cover driver rate when I just work preload

Lt. Senpai

Swing Driver
Do you know if it’s HR who manually changes your pay rate once you go through progression or is it done by corporate or automated? I ask this because my vacations still pay me as a cover driver rate when I just work preload
you got paid as a cover driver for your vacation pay. Lucky!
I hope you kept your mouth shut lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
is it possible to be a 22.4 combo driver and always have the option to work preload and then do air or a split afterwards? In addition, would it be possible for a 22.4 to be called in at 2 PM to do a pick up string and then do an air relay and finish the day off working local sort? That to me describes a 22.4 combo driver instead of a new name to cover driver.

I am asking this because HR, union reps, and the on car supervisors don’t really know the answer. Do any of you have insight on this? Thank you

Lol

No

Yes the list would go off your hire date. Still I would recommend becoming a 22.4. Yes is less pay then a RPCD but its guaranteed 40 hours and FT pension. Plus you only have to qualify once.

View attachment 256781
View attachment 256782
In Chesapeake district was told by union ba that opening rpcd spots that open have to be filled by 22.4s 1 for 1. That being true no 22.4s should go more than a year or two in 22.4 level progression because with 22.4s filling all open rpcd spots 1 for 1 it can’t possibly take more than that amount of time to move into an rpcd spot and therefore move into progression under that classification.

542thruNthru

In Chesapeake district was told by union ba that opening rpcd spots that open have to be filled by 22.4s 1 for 1. That being true no 22.4s should go more than a year or two in 22.4 level progression because with 22.4s filling all open rpcd spots 1 for 1 it can’t possibly take more than that amount of time to move into an rpcd spot and therefore move into progression under that classification.

Wait.. slow down.
First what you quoted was for the southwest rider.

Now I know in some areas FT positions are offered to FT employees first.

But what do you mean no 22.4 should go more then a year or 2? Do you have RPCDs retiring every couple years?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
is it possible to be a 22.4 combo driver and always have the option to work preload and then do air or a split afterwards? In addition, would it be possible for a 22.4 to be called in at 2 PM to do a pick up string and then do an air relay and finish the day off working local sort? That to me describes a 22.4 combo driver instead of a new name to cover driver.

I am asking this because HR, union reps, and the on car supervisors don’t really know the answer. Do any of you have insight on this? Thank you

No

They’re not going to pay driver wages for you to work the sort unless they can’t find anybody else to do it

22.4 aka cover driver

Wait.. slow down.

But what do you mean no 22.4 should go more then a year or 2? Do you have RPCDs retiring every couple years?
At least for now
Wait.. slow down.

ba told me for the first round of 22.4s my building has 7 that have been given/earned 22.4 full time seniority. We have 4 centers 50 or more bid trips in each center. In a 2 year period we definitely have 7 rpcds retire. Of course if they go crazy opening bids for 22.4s the ratio will change and it will take longer to make the transition.

542thruNthru

At least for now

ba told me for the first round of 22.4s my building has 7 that have been given/earned 22.4 full time seniority. We have 4 centers 50 or more bid trips in each center. In a 2 year period we definitely have 7 rpcds retire. Of course if they go crazy opening bids for 22.4s the ratio will change and it will take longer to make the transition.

I have 4 centers in my building. Wait to become RPCD is 11 years. Not saying 11 years as a 22.4.

Trust me once these 22.4s start coming in and the boomers are done retiring. It going to be a very long wait.

542thruNthru

At least for now

Well if you have 50 bids in each other enter your building has 200 drivers. That means the company can make 50 22.4s in your building.

Well if you have 50 bids in each other enter your building has 200 drivers. That means the company can make 50 22.4s in your building.
But why would they do that. There is no way there is enough driving work to keep that many 22.4s driving 40 hours a week outside of peak. They are not going to put themselves in a situation where they have to work 22.4s inside with guarantee and higher pay than pters. That could change when Sunday delivery starts, but until then it wouldn’t make sense to have that many 22.4s

Heavy Package

You will work as directed for up to 14 hours per day and thank the Union and UPS for such a wonderful career opportunity.

There are already vacancies in RPCD in my center for the newest 22.4's to move into. Also, the whole "they'll kill you with OT" myth has been busted by the shareholders. No, they won't. They don't want to pay you at all. OT as a 22.4 is still expensive, and it's still money they don't want to lose. They will just pay you less and make you work a normal forty. It sucks, if I were a 22.4 I'd almost want the OT and just make bank till I hit RPCD.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There are already vacancies in RPCD in my center for the newest 22.4's to move into. Also, the whole "they'll kill you with OT" myth has been busted by the shareholders. No, they won't. They don't want to pay you at all. OT as a 22.4 is still expensive, and it's still money they don't want to lose. They will just pay you less and make you work a normal forty. It sucks, if I were a 22.4 I'd almost want the OT and just make bank till I hit RPCD.

If you believe this

You’re nuts

Mr. Marshall

I heard a part-timer pre-loader specifically ask a driver center manager if it was possible to become a driver without becoming a 22.4 and he was told no. He said that the lowest 20 drivers would be 22.4 and evertime you graduated above that you would become a rpcd.

542thruNthru

I heard a part-timer pre-loader specifically ask a driver center manager if it was possible to become a driver without becoming a 22.4 and he was told no. He said that the lowest 20 drivers would be 22.4 and evertime you graduated above that you would become a rpcd.

This would depend on your supplmental language