22.4 Lay-off—Need some understanding

LaTulla

Alright guys, they’ve officially laid off 29 preloaders and now some 22.4 drivers in SoCal. I’m at the cutoff and was laid off. I am a 22.4 driver. Issues:

1) The way I read the contract, we'll get paid our 22.4 rate for inside work. Is this true?

2) They are borrowing 22.4 drivers from other centers despite the fact that I have center seniority- this is wrong, right?

3) These are not district wide and I would like to work elsewhere— is this allowed?

I am a driver in the SoCal region, Western Rider, local 396 Supplement

PizzaToUps

You are laid off from driving and forced to work the hub right? You could get your 8 by doing preload and then coming back for local sort. You should get your 22.4 rate while you work inside as well. People are laid off in my center too. This isn’t looking good.

542thruNthru

Alright guys, they’ve officially laid off 29 preloaders and now some 22.4 drivers in SoCal. I’m at the cutoff and was laid off. I am a 22.4 driver. Issues:
are you being offered inside work and are cover drivers working?

1) The way I read the contract, we'll get paid our 22.4 rate for inside work. Is this true?
If you're being laid off it's a little tricky. Inside work as a 22.4 keeps that wage but.. if they are laying you off...
sketch-1583037213635.jpg

2) They are borrowing 22.4 drivers from other centers despite the fact that I have center seniority- this is wrong, right?
NO...it's only wrong if you have more company seniority.
sketch-1583037213525.jpg

3) These are not district wide and I would like to work elsewhere— is this allowed?
Else where as in where?

Wester region and southwest package rider

LaTulla

If you're being laid off it's a little tricky. Inside work as a 22.4 keeps that wage but.. if they are laying you off...View attachment 284711

View attachment 284712

Else where as in where?

thanks for the awesome response. At what point does the 22.4 inside work article cancel out the lay-off work article? So the contract reads:

“7. 22.4 Combination drivers shall be paid in accordance with Article 41.4.”

Article 41.4 is the 22.4 pay scale

but then the lay-off section reads that I’m to be given part time pay.

so does one cancel out the other? Or is the contract in disagreement with itself? It seems we’ve found a “loophole” of sorts that can go either way

542thruNthru

thanks for the awesome response. At what point does the 22.4 inside work article cancel out the lay-off work article? So the contract reads:

“7. 22.4 Combination drivers shall be paid in accordance with Article 41.4.”

Article 41.4 is the 22.4 pay scale

but then the lay-off section reads that I’m to be given part time pay.

so does one cancel out the other? Or is the contract in disagreement with itself? It seems we’ve found a “loophole” of sorts that can go either way

Think of it this way.

You're a 22.4 right now. If you were to do inside work you would be paid your 22.4 rate as it says in #7.

But....

You were laid off..so technically you are not a 22.4.. you are a FT worker that has been displaced and doing whatever two PT positions they can give you. Which is where the layoff language comes in.

PizzaToUps

If you're being laid off it's a little tricky. Inside work as a 22.4 keeps that wage but.. if they are laying you off...View attachment 284711

View attachment 284712

Else where as in where?

That is such a joke. Why are they even called hybrid drivers? Cover drivers that are laid off are back in the hub at their inside rate. 22.4s should get their regular rate inside. Management won’t use 22.4s for inside work ever. Only in times of recession where there isn’t enough work. And they can just lay you off so you don’t get your regular wage. It’s a scam

Staydryitsraining

They stopped delivering on Saturdays?

Staydryitsraining

Another loophole. Company isn’t required to use 22.4 for Saturday delivery til 18 months after ratification which has been translated as Oct 1 2020. Yes over two years from old contract expiration.
They were letting all the losers who had to max out hours every week to pay for their nine marriages work preload and deliver ground on Saturdays. As of 2 weeks ago they are no longer allowed to load trucks and can only deliver air now. Only people allowed to touch ground Saturdays here are 22.4s