22.4 red circled???

DetBurblotski

This is going on in my center too. A lot of 22.4s coming on that were hired in the last year as TCD/Cover drivers getting red circled in at $32/hr. It makes no sense because a lot of these drivers started around the beginning of last peak now less than a year later are being converted to 22.4. Like, why weren't they hired as 22.4s from the beginning?

And some of us who went straight from PT/Loader to 22.4 last year are getting screwed hard. We're stuck in the pay progression starting at $20.50 (with a $.75 increase after year one... yay). We only signed the contract because management and the shop stewards (useless idiots) told us that we couldn't be TCDs, that there weren't going to be anymore TCDs. Well then right after we started driving peak started and management went on a TCD hiring frenzy.

The union's current position now is that we have more seniority and should be grateful for that. But these guys coming on now, they're not that far behind us on the list. Like, I'd be fine dropping down 10 or 12 spots on the list for a $12/hr pay increase. This whole situation sucks to be honest.

holdingmybreath

This is going on in my center too. A lot of 22.4s coming on that were hired in the last year as TCD/Cover drivers getting red circled in at $32/hr. It makes no sense because a lot of these drivers started around the beginning of last peak now less than a year later are being converted to 22.4. Like, why weren't they hired as 22.4s from the beginning?

And some of us who went straight from PT/Loader to 22.4 last year are getting screwed hard. We're stuck in the pay progression starting at $20.50 (with a $.75 increase after year one... yay). We only signed the contract because management and the shop stewards (useless idiots) told us that we couldn't be TCDs, that there weren't going to be anymore TCDs. Well then right after we started driving peak started and management went on a TCD hiring frenzy.

The union's current position now is that we have more seniority and should be grateful for that. But these guys coming on now, they're not that far behind us on the list. Like, I'd be fine dropping down 10 or 12 spots on the list for a $12/hr pay increase. This whole situation sucks to be honest.
Do you know for a fact they're getting red circled at that rate? I'm still yet to talk to my steward, I just don't know how much I'm entitled to ask to get red circled at this rate.

DetBurblotski

Do you know for a fact they're getting red circled at that rate? I'm still yet to talk to my steward, I just don't know how much I'm entitled to ask to get red circled at this rate.
I do know for a fact. I've spoken with multiple guys that were recently converted from TCD/Cover to 22.4 and they confirmed they're getting the $32.64 rate. I've also confirmed it with multiple shop stewards and the president of our local, also the manager of my center.

Management's position is basically they didn't violate the contract so nothing for them to fix. Union is basically saying, "oh well, you signed a contract to be a 22.4" (And I've pointed out several times that we only did so because they told us to).

charm299

I do know for a fact. I've spoken with multiple guys that were recently converted from TCD/Cover to 22.4 and they confirmed they're getting the $32.64 rate. I've also confirmed it with multiple shop stewards and the president of our local, also the manager of my center.

Management's position is basically they didn't violate the contract so nothing for them to fix. Union is basically saying, "oh well, you signed a contract to be a 22.4" (And I've pointed out several times that we only did so because they told us to).
I got red circle, I’m now making 33.74 an hour

myreqoil

I got red circle, I’m now making 33.74 an hour
same. i made my packet 2 months ago...so ive only been driving for 90 days or so however it says im a 22.4 on myHR, my time card, and on the sheet at my center...but im making $33.74. i don't understand why...and nobody is able to provide an answer.

same. i made my packet 2 months ago...so ive only been driving for 90 days or so however it says im a 22.4 on myHR, my time card, and on the sheet at my center...but im making $33.74. i don't understand why...and nobody is able to provide an answer.
It's cuz they really like you.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
im not too well versed on the current contract and my stewards aren't very helpful so im looking for some clarity here....i was a part timer for 3 years and won the bid for what i was told by hr as a 22.4 position...long story short i made my 30 days and ive been driving for 4+ months now and my pay is still 85% of the top rate...well above 20.50 hr as stated in the contract as the rate for a 22.4...i saw on other forums people discussing something about a loop hole and being red circled as a 22.4 and being able to keep the rate thats over $32+ hr. which is what ive been making since i started. trying to figure out why this is the case...am i tcd and not 22.4 like i was told? or did i get through this loop hole and get red circled? not complaining .. just want to know what happened and if this is my set rate until the next contract?
This⬇️⬇️⬇️
You need to ask all these questions to your supervisor, union steward, and hr.
This issue (overpayment) is covered in Article 17 of the https://teamster.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/ups18nationalmaster.pdf,
in short: get with your steward (or higher up union rep), write a letter to your supe/mgr explaining your concern of possible overpayment. If you are being overpaid, you will no longer be held liable for anything 5 days after notifying the co. in writing.
I wouldn’t say anything, sounds like they qualified u as a tcd then switched u over to 22.4. Always play dumb if asked

that was my plan, i just heard rumors about people who had to pay everything they overpaid you back to the company...thats my only concern...i don't know if that applied to people in my situation..but still i dont want it to come back and haunt me.
If there has been an overpayment, you should be able to negotiate a repayment schedule (payroll deduction). I know in my Local the business agent thinks $10/wk seems fair and reasonable :wink-very::raspberry-tounge::lol:

myreqoil

This⬇️⬇️⬇️

This issue (overpayment) is covered in Article 17 of the https://teamster.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/ups18nationalmaster.pdf,
in short: get with your steward (or higher up union rep), write a letter to your supe/mgr explaining your concern of possible overpayment. If you are being overpaid, you will no longer be held liable for anything 5 days after notifying the co. in writing.

If there has been an overpayment, you should be able to negotiate a repayment schedule (payroll deduction). I know in my Local the business agent thinks $10/wk seems fair and reasonable :wink-very::raspberry-tounge::lol:
well ive come across over 10+ people in these forums that have the same rate as me under the same circumstances, as well as over 6+ drivers in my center that have only been driving for a year or less that are also in the same situation. so i don't think its an issue of overpayment? that sure would be a lot of people they would be overpaying...i dont think that would go unnoticed...not to mention i just got a raise on august 1st and so did the other drivers with this situation .went from 32.69 to 33.74...thats what convinced me that it's legit and i should just shutup and be thankful

Last edited:

charm299

I was a tcd for 4 years though

usually takes me 10.5. plus i never take a lunch. id rather get home earlier. but that's just me
giphy (1) (10).gif

This will be the same guy that starts complaining that they keep giving him more stops. Some have to learn the hard way.
I can't relate to having no OT protection, but just the idea of giving away over $6k a year is insane to me. I mean, imagine paying over $500 a month to get home a half hour earlier.

I told my boss straight up if he crushes me he will be punished with 100% Orion and paying me massive overtime. Not threatening anything it’s just funny to use the program they came out with against them.
✊🧔
Can't really say much about it, if your truck is bricked out, you can't really change up the route!

myreqoil

This will be the same guy that starts complaining that they keep giving him more stops. Some have to learn the hard way.
pff i ain't scared. 200 stops aint sh**. i told them i can do 300 if they need it. plus if anyone needs stops taken off, call me first. i want it ALL