22.4 rights & understandings

So I know that a 22.4 has the right to 8hr a day,5days a week (guaranteed). I also know the ways to achieve the 8hr can be combined with driving/airs and or local sort/preload. My boss has told me I can work whatever drive time that’s available and if I choose to not do local/preload for the rest of my remaining 8hrs, then I don’t have to. I’ll just get paid actual for what I’ve done for that day. Does anyone know if that’s correct?

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Each District has different ways of deploying 22.4s. You will need read your local labor contract and then discuss this with your Shop Steward or local labor manager for clarity.

#5 & if the opportunity presence its self, why not take it. Full-time is Full-time. 22.4 is 22.4

Attachments

• 4FF74F6F-EEC4-4CA2-A844-FD864578B71A.png
    4FF74F6F-EEC4-4CA2-A844-FD864578B71A.png
    1 MB · Views: 331

542thruNthru

So I know that a 22.4 has the right to 8hr a day,5days a week (guaranteed). I also know the ways to achieve the 8hr can be combined with driving/airs and or local sort/preload. My boss has told me I can work whatever drive time that’s available and if I choose to not do local/preload for the rest of my remaining 8hrs, then I don’t have to. I’ll just get paid actual for what I’ve done for that day. Does anyone know if that’s correct?

Its could happen but I wouldn't count on it. You'd still have to work as directed. So once preload/local actually needs help and starts complaining to your center manager or higher seniority drivers start complaining about you going home. It will all change.

Its could happen but I wouldn't count on it. You'd still have to work as directed. So once preload/local actually needs help and starts complaining to your center manager or higher seniority drivers start complaining about you going home. It will all change.

And that’s just why I’d like to know the exact meanings of the worded contract. If it doesn’t show obligation in any form. Then they shouldn’t be able to twist things around for their comfort. I’ve experienced it enough already.

542thruNthru

And that’s just why I’d like to know the exact meanings of the worded contract. If it doesn’t show obligation in any form. Then they shouldn’t be able to twist things around for their comfort. I’ve experienced it enough already.

There is no where in the master 22.4 language that says you can elect to only drive and nothing else if you choose.

You're a Combo Driver. They can make you load or unload.

There is no where in the master 22.4 language that says you can elect to only drive and nothing else if you choose.

You're a Combo Driver. They can make you load or unload.

Right! And there’s nothing that says I can’t. I know what I signed up for (22.4)! Isn’t the “combo” for getting your guaranteed 8hrs in whatever available work is allowed? This forum was for clarification which no one can fully explain in specific detail. So I’ll just have to deal like always and let them feed me what they feel is right for whatever order of their choosing. Part time sMarF time!! I’d go Full in a heart beat! I’m top of the 22.4 list anyways. My point is,,it’s just NOT there in the contract for either direction. So we let the sups take it in their own favor! You’d think that’s the 1 and only perk for the “22.4”. My own Union Stewart’s have no :censored2:ing clue, so they agree with the sups to avoid confusion to contain order! If anyone eles has a kind tip on this.??.?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Right! And there’s nothing that says I can’t. I know what I signed up for (22.4)! Isn’t the “combo” for getting your guaranteed 8hrs in whatever available work is allowed? This forum was for clarification which no one can fully explain in specific detail. So I’ll just have to deal like always and let them feed me what they feel is right for whatever order of their choosing. Part time sMarF time!! I’d go Full in a heart beat! I’m top of the 22.4 list anyways. My point is,,it’s just NOT there in the contract for either direction. So we let the sups take it in their own favor! You’d think that’s the 1 and only perk for the “22.4”. My own Union Stewart’s have no :censored2:ing clue, so they agree with the sups to avoid confusion to contain order! If anyone eles has a kind tip on this.??.?
How many Stewarts do you have in your building?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Most 22.4s are converts. Tcd pay nationally is 32 an hour. Ot is 48 an hour. This myth that 22.4s will drive every hour possible will sink the company faster than anything I can imagine.
Myth? I mean at this point we don’t know but there’s no reason not to work the cheaper labor as many hours as possible.

No such thing as TCD here.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And there isn’t a reason. It’s just clarification on my rights if I choose to do so. Bt thanks
The busy bodies ( they are coming out in this thread already) will complain to management that you are going home. Then when you are forced to stay, they will whine about you getting more OT. Your best bet is to keep it to yourself