specter208

Want opinion. Not sure if this is the same everywhere or if it’s worth talking about with the Union. 22.4s on Saturday at my building are not permitted to use seniority to get on preferred routes or areas. Supervisor picks when and where you are. Asking for something else is not guaranteed. There are less senior 22.4s and TCD that get layed off during the week and get to sit on their Saturday routes for months. How is it like in your center.

Nah
Want opinion. Not sure if this is the same everywhere or if it’s worth talking about with the Union. 22.4s on Saturday at my building are not permitted to use seniority to get on preferred routes or areas. Supervisor picks when and where you are. Asking for something else is not guaranteed. There are less senior 22.4s and TCD that get layed off during the week and get to sit on their Saturday routes for months. How is it like in your center.
In my old center, seniority ruled.

charm299

When I was the top 22.4 seniority wise, they did not let me bump. after I got flipped to rpcd,they let all the 22.4s bump on Saturday

specter208

Your schedule is guaranteed, not your work assignment. Work as instructed.

SENIORITY IS SENIORITY

lol put me on a route I don’t like and I’ll be working 14hrs

@MECH-lift wins
😂✊
Another thing is that we have a few pickup routes. Onroad says that these pickup routes are not guaranteed 8 and you must leave when bringing in the work. An extra thing is that there is a fellow employee with less seniority who is basically doing this easy pickup route AND gets to take a van full of air to airport which is guaranteed overtime and returns after many other drivers have clocked out.

Last edited:

PPH_over_9000

Another thing is that we have a few pickup routes. Onroad says that these pickup routes are not guaranteed 8 and you must leave when bringing in the work. An extra thing is that there is a fellow employee with less seniority who is basically doing this easy pickup route AND gets to take a van full of air to airport which is guaranteed overtime and returns after many other drivers have clocked out.

So basically, if you have more seniority and want that gig, grieve it. It'll probably all boil down to established past practices in your center, though.

So at my center, most of the 22.4s are kept on the same route most Saturdays. There's the occasional staffing issue that might flip things around but it's been pretty consistent this year. Lately they've been letting RPCD volunteer for Saturday work so that all of us 22.4s aren't out until midnight. When an RPCD would come in, they'd normally be assigned to their M-Fri bid route.

That brought on a little bit of outrage from a few of us because Saturdays are pretty much the only workday we can look forward to any kind of consistency, and it was pointed out that it seemed wrong that an unscheduled driver could bump a scheduled one off of their typical Saturday route just because someone wanted a 6th punch.

Amazingly, management heard us (or maybe our business agent.) RPCDs seem to be filling the gaps on Saturdays now, and 22.4s running their normal Saturday routes. The biggest thing here, though, is none of us picked our Saturday route. We were just thrown on whatever in the beginning and so long as there wasn't any kind of massive screw-ups then you were kept where they first put you.

542thruNthru

Western region correct?

Article 4.3
Screenshot_20220613-185636_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

We have filed here and won. Just because you're a 22.4 doesn't mean you can't exercise your seniority inside your classification.

specter208

So basically, if you have more seniority and want that gig, grieve it. It'll probably all boil down to established past practices in your center, though.

So at my center, most of the 22.4s are kept on the same route most Saturdays. There's the occasional staffing issue that might flip things around but it's been pretty consistent this year. Lately they've been letting RPCD volunteer for Saturday work so that all of us 22.4s aren't out until midnight. When an RPCD would come in, they'd normally be assigned to their M-Fri bid route.

That brought on a little bit of outrage from a few of us because Saturdays are pretty much the only workday we can look forward to any kind of consistency, and it was pointed out that it seemed wrong that an unscheduled driver could bump a scheduled one off of their typical Saturday route just because someone wanted a 6th punch.

Amazingly, management heard us (or maybe our business agent.) RPCDs seem to be filling the gaps on Saturdays now, and 22.4s running their normal Saturday routes. The biggest thing here, though, is none of us picked our Saturday route. We were just thrown on whatever in the beginning and so long as there wasn't any kind of massive screw-ups then you were kept where they first put you.

Same thing here. I was on 2 different routes for a couple months each. Eventually they started moving me around a lot which I was actually fine with. My issue was they would ask me to finish my work by a certain time to be considered for a shuttle run but would cancel on me if volume was light and the less senior member is basically guaranteed to run the air.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

All 22.4s and RPCDs are guaranteed 8 hours when reporting. Request more work when the route is done. If they don’t have any more work you should get paid your guarantee anyway.