22.4s family lives Don't matter.

90K pension is $7,500 a month. Is that what you all get?
No, I will not be around long enough to get that. But if you multiply today’s amount. About $3000 a year times 30 years, I come up with 90k. What do you come up with? Plus $25 a month increase every year.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
No, I will not be around long enough to get that. But if you multiply today’s amount. About $3000 a year times 30 years, I come up with 90k. What do you come up with? Plus $25 a month increase every year.
I misunderstood your meaning!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What region are you in? Many people will line up off the street for $34 an hour in 5 years, free medical, dental, 90K pension
No they won't.

We were looking to hire 10 drivers a few years ago. Two inside guys tried to do it. One failed one quit at 10 am on his first day alone. They were begging drivers for recommendations of friends and family to drive. They finally after 4 months got 8 applicants. Half of those quit or didn't make their 30. One of the 4 that made it got caught stealing. Another quit after 2 years. So 2 have stuck around. Lol

And by no means do I live in an area where there's tons of jobs that pay that much.

Benben

Many union jobs at Boeing need some training. They lost their pension too.
14 week sheetmetal course is not that hard, and I'll have to look into that pension loss, I know SPEA members still have theirs.

Benben

Is it easy to get on there? Are they hiring? Did you know many longshoremen get paid for not working.
Don't Know if its easy but they are hiring even Engineers and they pay for the class!

Undertow

No they won't.

We were looking to hire 10 drivers a few years ago. Two inside guys tried to do it. One failed one quit at 10 am on his first day alone. They were begging drivers for recommendations of friends and family to drive. They finally after 4 months got 8 applicants. Half of those quit or didn't make their 30. One of the 4 that made it got caught stealing. Another quit after 2 years. So 2 have stuck around. Lol

And by no means do I live in an area where there's tons of jobs that pay that much.
Sounds much the same as where I am. So few if any part timers will bite on a FT bid sheet that so many more hires are coming from the outside and even the ones that don't quit halfway thru the first 30 days
(which most often include still being out past 9PM) decide within mere months that it's not worth it. Management has created an atmosphere that less and less people will tolerate even with "9.5 protections" as things stand now. It's easy to be skeptical that the dynamic would change by not only eradicating the protection of forced overtime, but threatening an increase to 70 hrs per week. If hourlies are already angry at the toxicity of the working conditions at present, then logic would stand to reason that the workforce would become even more angry with increased hours and 6 dollars less per hour.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Sounds much the same as where I am. So few if any part timers will bite on a FT bid sheet that so many more hires are coming from the outside and even the ones that don't quit halfway thru the first 30 days
(which most often include still being out past 9PM) decide within mere months that it's not worth it. Management has created an atmosphere that less and less people will tolerate even with "9.5 protections" as things stand now. It's easy to be skeptical that the dynamic would change by not only eradicating the protection of forced overtime, but threatening an increase to 70 hrs per week. If hourlies are already angry at the toxicity of the working conditions at present, then logic would stand to reason that the workforce would become even more angry with increased hours and 6 dollars less per hour.
Navy Seals get paid less and work harder.

Undertow

Navy Seals get paid less and work harder.
At best, that's a non sequitur. If Navy Seals had to tolerate upper management who had never themselves experienced the dangers that come with that job continually intervening in planing the missions or insisting the Seals perform missions using flawed GPS algorithm programs thus significantly hindering the chances not only for success of the missions but also endangering the safety of the men tasked with the missions, it's a good bet a majority of those Navy Seals would not tolerate getting paid less while working harder.