22.4s family lives Don't matter.

Undertow

You mean like Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama and Trump?
Are you claiming it's a fact that any or all of them ignored all feedback and input from the commanders of special ops teams and instead dictated the terms on what tactics the men on the missions would be allowed to use? Your sure even one of them insisted to military planners that the strike force get the mission done with less people than in previous missions using less fuel and equipment while starting the mission 2 hours late and that Seals would be written up and disciplined if they failed to step of the helicopter using a grab rail?

I highly doubt that.

You all talking about family time.....like 22.4's are real people...
giphy (3).gif

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Are you claiming it's a fact that any or all of them ignored all feedback and input from the commanders of special ops teams and instead dictated the terms on what tactics the men on the missions would be allowed to use? Your sure even one of them insisted to military planners that the strike force get the mission done with less people than in previous missions using less fuel and equipment while starting the mission 2 hours late and that Seals would be written up and disciplined if they failed to step of the helicopter using a grab rail?

I highly doubt that.
View attachment 205854

reginald95

Sounds much the same as where I am. So few if any part timers will bite on a FT bid sheet that so many more hires are coming from the outside and even the ones that don't quit halfway thru the first 30 days
(which most often include still being out past 9PM) decide within mere months that it's not worth it. Management has created an atmosphere that less and less people will tolerate even with "9.5 protections" as things stand now. It's easy to be skeptical that the dynamic would change by not only eradicating the protection of forced overtime, but threatening an increase to 70 hrs per week. If hourlies are already angry at the toxicity of the working conditions at present, then logic would stand to reason that the workforce would become even more angry with increased hours and 6 dollars less per hour.
I worked almost 60 hrs a week for less money as a part time cover driver for almost 4 years. I touched it out because I knew my family and I needed the money. Now I’m a full-time driver and cruising on 9.5 millennials need to pay their dues like everyone score them.

SameRightsForAll

I agree. Creating different "classes" of drivers that do the same thing while paying one class way less and breaking a goober off in them in various other ways that go against existing articles of protection for "all employees" and "all drivers" is UNACCEPTABLE! Why are we allowing the removal of protection and the lowering of pay rates? You call this a deal? No. Equal Rights For All Employees, Period. If you are of a different mindset than this then you are not a union brother of mine. You might be "in" the union and paying your union dues, but you cannot call yourself a union brother while looking down on an equal employee or being okay with him making far less and being used like this. We need package car drivers. That's it, Einstein. Get in the truck and deliver packages until they're gone, get paid by the hour based on seniority. The 22.4 violates every code of ethics I can think of and I'm ashamed that we haven't already flushed this contract down the toilet already.

The Union is not being forthright. We are not all stupid here. But some are naive due to not being informed. Part-timers should be explicitly informed of the fact that if they go 22.4 full time; they will have no OT protection and have to work up to 60 hours or more per week. UPS stating that they care about employees family time is disingenuous at best. This Contract only increases excessive OT. How can UPS and the Teamsters give no OT protections to at least 25% of the full time employees FOR 5 YEARS - Indefinitely?

If 22.4s were allowed to be on the 9.5 list; they still could be forced to be at work for 11 hours due to the possible 1 and half hour wait between shifts. WITH NO 9.5 PROTECTIONS; 22.4S COULD BE FORCED TO BE AT UPS FOR 15 AND A HALF HOURS IN ONE DAY IF THEY HAVE THE HOUR AND A HALF SPLIT IN BETWEEN THEIR SHIFT.

AND THEN THERE IS THIS FROM THE DOT: May the driver of a property-carrying vehicle be on duty for more than 14 hours? Yes. A driver can continue to work beyond the end of the 14th hour of the day, but may not drive a commercial motor vehicle (unless using one of the 16-hour exceptions). The additional on-duty time will reduce on-duty time available under the 60/70-hour time limit.

22.4s deserve the right to spend time with their families. 9.5 PROTECTION FOR ALL.. IF UPS TRULY CARED ABOUT FAMILY TIME; WHY NOT OFFER ALL OT ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS? AND FORCE OT IN REVERSE? IS IT THAT THE 22.4S FAMILIES DO NOT MATTER?

I agree. Creating different "classes" of drivers that do the same thing while paying one class way less and breaking a goober off in them in various other ways that go against existing articles of protection for "all employees" and "all drivers" is UNACCEPTABLE! Why are we allowing the removal of protection and the lowering of pay rates? You call this a deal? No. Equal Rights For All Employees, Period. If you are of a different mindset than this then you are not a union brother of mine. You might be "in" the union and paying your union dues, but you cannot call yourself a union brother while looking down on an equal employee or being okay with him making far less and being used like this. We need package car drivers. That's it, Einstein. Get in the truck and deliver packages until they're gone, get paid by the hour based on seniority. The 22.4 violates every code of ethics I can think of and I'm ashamed that we haven't already flushed this contract down the toilet already.
Well... We have to vote on it first....

Wake up it’s been going on since before you started working at ups.

browned out

How about we change it to where everyone is afforded 9.5 Excessive OT protection?

As it stands now; A driver with 1 year seniority or even less has a right to 9.5 protection. But if this contract is not changed; it will be NO OT protection for 25% or more of the driver workforce for an indefinite time period.

How can you force an entire classification of employees to at least 5 years of NO OT protection?

More importantly, Why not offer OT to the people who want the OT? And if there are not enough volunteers; force in reverse seniority? The VAST MAJORITY OF FT DRIVERS WANT OT.

browned out

The Majority of Teamster Locals in the 2 Man Committees recommend the contract. No where near unanimous; but the Teamsters Rising wants you to believe otherwise. The Majority think they can solve a problem by creating another problem.

The Majority agree that 22.4s family lives do not matter.

The Majority has already given UPS another bargaining chip for the next contract.

22.4s will no doubt have excessive OT issues that need to be addressed in the next CBA.

SO the Union and UPS will create 22.5s to alleviate overtime from 22.4s. On the condition that 22.5s will top out at $10 less an hour than FT drivers.

UNLESS WE VOTE THIS POS DOWN

22.34life

Look man this whole family time thing is a bit over played with out a job that pays $30 plus/hour u dont have a nice home or a family life that's worth a flip.if u wanted to make demands on ur work hours u have to be in a position to negotiate which if u are at ups then its because u have to be not cause u want to be.

22.34life

I work anywhere from 10am-12am depending on the month and it sucks I miss a lot but since I make good money my kids go to good schools and live in a nice neighborhood and have most of what they want and everything they need.its not really a choice but a lack of options but if ur here u understand what it is and know it's part of the job.suck it up and deal with it.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I work anywhere from 10am-12am depending on the month and it sucks I miss a lot but since I make good money my kids go to good schools and live in a nice neighborhood and have most of what they want and everything they need.its not really a choice but a lack of options but if ur here u understand what it is and know it's part of the job.suck it up and deal with it.

Why is this acceptable to you? What in your life has made you devalue yourself to such an extent that working at UPS makes you feel like you deserve to be less of a man and thus be treated as less than a man?

22.34life

Why is this acceptable to you? What in your life has made you devalue yourself to such an extent that working at UPS makes you feel like you deserve to be less of a man and thus be treated as less than a man?
my job doesn't define me as a person or a man it's a means to an end.its where I work.to many people act like they have so many options available to them,look best believe if there was another option available to me to earn $31/hour I would be doing it.plenty of jobs have demanding hours and sure dont pay what I get paid.

22.34life

The bottom line is u work to make MONEY if scheduling is ur top priority then go do that.ill keep making the money thanx.

my job doesn't define me as a person or a man it's a means to an end.its where I work.to many people act like they have so many options available to them,look best believe if there was another option available to me to earn $31/hour I would be doing it.plenty of jobs have demanding hours and sure dont pay what I get paid.
I agree bit you shouldn't have to do the same job and maybe work more hours to make less.