23 open routes

vantexan

Your employee number puts you in the correct screen. 2 other people posted they got the same results that I posted and you still refuse to accept it. You are a total loser who is so bitter that you refuse to listen to anyone who might do better than having to sleep in their car during retirement.
And you're still low rent white trash.

vantexan

I was worse than that.

When I say younger days, you know I'm an older guy.
Anything before last week was "younger days."
I'm sure you know the Moms Mabley joke, but for those who don't:
Old man is walking down the street, sees a little boy sitting on the curb crying. "Little boy, why are you crying?" asks the old man. "Because I can't do what the big boys do!" cries the little boy. Old man cries too....

falcon back

An Oldsmobile Toronado is a rear wheel drive vehicle. Doubt it has a flat floor. You do realize the Element with the seats removed is a large open space? No trunk?
Toronado was frt wheel drive your idiot. I believe it was GM's first frt wheel drive car. You cant even Google can you!!!!

Buhryein

Just for reference between hiring casuals, filling retiree routes and new pt and ft routes needed my station currently has 13 positions posted and we also have i think 5 on loa, so 23 open routes depending on the station isn't that unbelievable at all.

Serf

Our station has 23 open routes and has full time, M-friend jobs posted on Indeed.com, yet no one will apply, as they keep asking us to tell our friends to come work here and fill the positions before peak season. The station is also so critically short on handlers that they’re making cover drivers stay to work the PM sort every night. It seems like the entire place is falling apart, and I don’t know if it’s just our station or Express as a whole, but it’s really getting crazy here.
We are mass hiring as well. Never saw so many full time upgrades as well.

Our station has 23 open routes and has full time, M-friend jobs posted on Indeed.com, yet no one will apply, as they keep asking us to tell our friends to come work here and fill the positions before peak season. The station is also so critically short on handlers that they’re making cover drivers stay to work the PM sort every night. It seems like the entire place is falling apart, and I don’t know if it’s just our station or Express as a whole, but it’s really getting crazy here.

I can attest that we are beyond "short" at our station and the surrounding area(s). Months ago 3 handlers contracted Covid-19, 6 more handlers walked out, along with 5 couriers. So we lost 14 people in one week.

Add that to "contact tracing" with those that had to quarantine for 14 days. We lost 4 more handlers, a team leader and a manager (6).

We've lost many senior drivers, who decided to retire rather than risk the Coronavirus. Our couriers and RTD's are clocking 60 hours every week. Don't know how much longer, they can do this.

Out of the ones that went out, only 2 handlers and the team leader returned. The others quit or retired.

Tell Santa Christmas is going to be "very, very late" this year.

El Morado Diablo

Add that to "contact tracing" with those that had to quarantine for 14 days. We lost 4 more handlers, a team leader and a manager (6).

The guideline FedEx is using for quarantine is ridiculous. One of our co-workers is out because a family member has lingering effects due to the virus. According to HR, the 14 day quarantine doesn't begin until the family member no longer has any lingering effects. Some people have had lingering effects for months. Doesn't seem fair to keep an employee from returning to work if they and their family members aren't testing positive. It's not like FedEx is paying them to stay home.

It will be fine

The guideline FedEx is using for quarantine is ridiculous. One of our co-workers is out because a family member has lingering effects due to the virus. According to HR, the 14 day quarantine doesn't begin until the family member no longer has any lingering effects. Some people have had lingering effects for months. Doesn't seem fair to keep an employee from returning to work if they and their family members aren't testing positive. It's not like FedEx is paying them to stay home.
Seems easy enough to get around that recommendation.

El Morado Diablo

Seems easy enough to get around that recommendation.

Agreed.

Said employee was trying to do the right thing when they admitted to HR the family member had lingering effects. They won't be doing that the next time they talk to HR (this week?). It's something for everyone to keep in mind if they find themselves in a similar situation in the future.

fedx

Extra Large Package

They should be able to get unemployment while not working. If you just get the state unemployment, you'll be making a bit less than working FT. However if you get the federal bonus on top of your state unemployment, you'll most likely be making more money each week than if you worked FT at FedEx. So why would anyone want to go back to work making less money than if you sat at home watching TV?

It will be fine

They should be able to get unemployment while not working. If you just get the state unemployment, you'll be making a bit less than working FT. However if you get the federal bonus on top of your state unemployment, you'll most likely be making more money each week than if you worked FT at FedEx. So why would anyone want to go back to work making less money than if you sat at home watching TV?
The additional federal money ended at the end of July.

El Morado Diablo

Unemployment benefit is $400 per week. That will have you chomping at the bit to come back to work.

Buhryein

Many states have filed to add the extra $300 via the executive order, at least one said they will add in the extra $100 to make it a $400 supplement to unemployment.