2wks Notice

IESucks

They can only write you up. They can't fire you right on the spot. Take the write up, as you give them your written notice of 2 weeks. Let your union shop steward or B.A know your intentions.they have to protect you up to the last day. Put the notice in so they can't turn around and fire you because you quit already. If all else fails call the 800 number and file a complaint...
Omg. Lmao. How much have you had to drink?

PizzaToUps

My time has come! I have been offered a very good job where I will be able to pursue my career in IT. I will give my 2 weeks notice tomorrow but im afraid of what my manager might do during those two weeks, specially tomorrow.

I've been a (union) driver for 5 years and because I knew that I was going to be quitting, I have depleted all my sick and personal day since before peak. So my attendance hasn't been that great lately. Today my new HR wanted me to come to the office to start the paperwork so I had to call out, unpaid because I dont have any more time. Another driver called me and told me that my manager asked for a printout of my attendance.

I do not care if I get a write up tomorrow, but as the right thing to do I told my new employer that I will be starting with them in two weeks so im kind of worried if my manager can fire me for attendance and i will be out of work for 2 weeks. Can he do that? cus if he can I would rather tell my new employer that Ill start on monday and UPS can go friend themselves.
What kind of IT job are you getting ?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The OP should do this and go out in a blaze of glory!

downloadfile-2.png

clean hairy

Just take your time the last day.
Have a nice 2 hour lunch 10 miles off route, and take lots of long bathroom breaks.
Come in 3 hours over allowed.
What are they going to do?
Fire you on your last day?

oldupsman

My building was in the Philly burbs. My idea on my last day was to come in that morning and drive to Pittsburgh.
Catch a flight back to Philly, cab back to the building and punch out and hand them the keys.
But hey, I'm just too nice a guy to do that.

UPSER1987

My time has come! I have been offered a very good job where I will be able to pursue my career in IT. I will give my 2 weeks notice tomorrow but im afraid of what my manager might do during those two weeks, specially tomorrow.

I've been a (union) driver for 5 years and because I knew that I was going to be quitting, I have depleted all my sick and personal day since before peak. So my attendance hasn't been that great lately. Today my new HR wanted me to come to the office to start the paperwork so I had to call out, unpaid because I dont have any more time. Another driver called me and told me that my manager asked for a printout of my attendance.

I do not care if I get a write up tomorrow, but as the right thing to do I told my new employer that I will be starting with them in two weeks so im kind of worried if my manager can fire me for attendance and i will be out of work for 2 weeks. Can he do that? cus if he can I would rather tell my new employer that Ill start on monday and UPS can go friend themselves.

Hope your next employer is union also so when they drop you like a hot stack of smile* and tell you to go friend yourself, you have someone to run to. Karma’s a b man...

Just tell them in the morning that this is your last day. Have someone here when I come in if you want to conduct an exit interview.

UPSER1987

Why so angry about the choices someone else is making in their life?

So why is it ok to smile* on other union members because he got a new job? Who do you think is going to do that work when he drops his route? If you’re going to leave fine, but don’t dump on your brothers/sister. Kind of cowardice imo