30 consecutive days

BrownTexas

Never heard of it. A part timer has to work 156 days in a year for them to create a new full time position. Never read anything about 30 days. Better have someone give you a section in the contract for you to look up before you go on believing people off the Internet and make an ass out of yourself complaining about something that doesn't exist.

Ouch

That is a tough one as their is not a lot of language on tcds in the contract. I know it's 30 days on a lot of part time employees such as a part timer air route. If it is put in 30 days then a spot should come available. If taw is put in for more than 30 days then a job should be created for that position. 156 days to a part time tcd means his vacation, sick, and holiday pay shall be paid as a full timer not a position opened. If a tcd runs a the same cut in route for more than 30 days I believe you can file a grievance requesting that be made a full time route. In that case as was stated the highest senior employee on the bid sheet shall be awarded that position. Tcd drivers who drive more than 156 days and only cover vacation weeks or call ins and split cars for overflow are not considered full time vacancies. The cut in route has to be in more than 30 days to make the request to make it a full time bid. That is my understanding.

Overpaid Union Thug

Years ago we had a 22.3 added because a TCD on preload ran air after his shift more than 30 consecutive days. He didn't get the job though. A full-time driver took it.

dogs.bite.me

If a route is built and ran for 30 consecutive days that route is put up for bid.

156 driver punches for a tcd means a full time position is added to the center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ouch

I could be wrong but 156 reports doesn't mean a full time job. There are a lot of hubs that will allow full timers to go home and then work a tcd. Someone out of our building filed on it, and that pretty much stopped that. We never got a full time position out of a tcd working 156 reports, covering vacations, call ins, and split cars.

dogs.bite.me

I could be wrong but 156 reports doesn't mean a full time job. There are a lot of hubs that will allow full timers to go home and then work a tcd. Someone out of our building filed on it, and that pretty much stopped that. We never got a full time position out of a tcd working 156 reports, covering vacations, call ins, and split cars.

Our contract says 156 punches creates a full time job. Now that's the new contract. The old contract was 200 punches creates a ft position.

Old contract used to be 156 punches gets a Pt tcd the 45 hour vacation payed at tcd rate instead of 20 hour at pt rate.

Ouch

Our contract says 156 punches creates a full time job. Now that's the new contract. The old contract was 200 punches creates a ft position.

Old contract used to be 156 punches gets a Pt tcd the 45 hour vacation payed at tcd rate instead of 20 hour at pt rate.

I haven't gotten to look thru the new contract book yet. But hey I did say I could be wrong lol lol lol. Thanks for the update. I need to get that book. Being retired I still try to stay on my toes for my buddies still humping it for brown.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I need to get that book. Being retired I still try to stay on my toes for my buddies still humping it for brown.

Why?

I'm sure your "buddies" can take care of themselves and don't need a bored busybody doing it for them.

You are retired----you do not need a contract book as there is nothing in that book that pertains to retirees.

Ouch

[quotetateNYUPSer, post: 1341801, member: 12570"]Why?

I'm sure your "buddies" can take care of themselves and don't need a bored busybody doing it for them.

You are retired----you do not need a contract book as there is nothing in that book that pertains to retirees.[/quote]
I also dont need a supervisor like you telling me what I need and what I dont. So now we have resorted to name calling. I was a steward and a very good one. Friends ask me for my opinion on contract language and i help them. You have your head so far up management's :censored2: I doubt you can even see the contract book.

upschuck

Sorry, you are a retired STEWARD.

The rest of my advice still applies.
Had a retired center manager say if the anyone needed advice on the contract to contact him. Never worked under him as a center manager, but did as a sup, and was very fair. I applaud Ouch for wanting to help out fellow teamsters. Sometimes you need another set of eyes for a different perspective.

Ron Carey lives on

Union thug is on the right track. A clarification grievance on staffing of a center may cause a 22.3 job to be filled. Keep good documents of hours and days worked

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mindless wonder

Why?

You are retired----you do not need a contract book as there is nothing in that book that pertains to retirees.
You could have informed him that the contract is on line,but again you took the low road

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why?

You really are just bitter, nasty, abrasive person. I feel bad for Rowdy.