396 meeting Sunday June 2, 2013

LagunaBrown

Lol. You guys are hilarious with your run away minds. Look how much crap you guys make up. The reality is you don't know jack if all you can do is make personal attacks. It's entertaining fictional content and I advise you put that talent to use and write a book. Way too good of material to waste on a blog. :)

LagunaBrown

Arent you the one that said some guy was trying to tell Andy M how he should negotiate the contract.
Maybe Andy M should have listened.
Maybe the wrsa and the swra went down.
Maybe someone knew something you and andy dont know.
It sounds like you are trying to start panic and fear.
Have you ever heard of the word retroactive?
Maybe you should read up on strike language and tactics.
Why havent you brought up loss of volume from amazon?

Next

Like I said let's wait and see the direction this goes. This ain't over yet tuff stuff.

LagunaBrown

The "Yes" vote was ambiguous but the "No" vote was unknown. Neither are a good position to be in. As we talked about before, the West need to get done and it looks like it is still in play with the MOU. There are too many directions this can go now and any predictions won't carry much validity till we get more info.

What information do you need? The contract was voted down in 63, 396, 592, 572 and all those locals are run by officials of both the southwest and International.

NONE of these leaders listened to the membership and approved this contract for submisision without regard for the members interests.

We voted it down once, and we will vote it down again if its re submitted to us. You voted YES, and rest with the less than 43% of the people who supported it in the west.

Insurance will be the hang up and the local knows it. Andy M made a collossal mistake bringing this deal to the southwest.

There are many things to happen in the coming weeks. Time is not on our side.

Peace

TOS

FY.... I didn't vote yes or no because I did not get a ballot. I am going to respect the majority and work with our options regardless. The information I need? The no vote could impact the MOU and that is a big deal. You said yourself you can no vote this to a strike or the company could tell us to pound sand. That is the risk you took with a no vote. Now I want to make it clear it may make things better or the MOU might get done as planned anyway. You see I am trusting our leaders will get it done. If they fail only us then will I be upset. Many unknowns in effect.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
FY.... I didn't vote yes or no because I did not get a ballot. I am going to respect the majority and work with our options regardless. The information I need? The no vote could impact the MOU and that is a big deal. You said yourself you can no vote this to a strike or the company could tell us to pound sand. That is the risk you took with a no vote. Now I want to make it clear it may make things better or the MOU might get done as planned anyway. You see I am trusting our leaders will get it done. If they fail only us then will I be upset. Many unknowns in effect.

Honestly, regardless of the reason you did not cast a vote, at this point, you have NO VOICE in the matter. Your opinion is as useless as your website.

You want comedy? how about looking in the mirror?

YOU belong in the camp of the STFU's for not voting. You didnt get a ballot? Did you call local 952 and ask for a replacement? Did you notify the NRLB? Did you do what was required by the bylaws to insure you voted?

The answer is most likely NO, and for that, you can exit the debate.

Guys like you want everyone else to do the fighting for them. You cowardly say that you are trusting the leaders to fix this for you because you didnt make every effort to help yourself.

I have no sympathy for you. 952 voted down this contract FOR YOU. They did the heavy lifting. Now, the rest of us who took the time to vote will have a say on where we go from here.

You are stuck on the sidelines without a position.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. If we end up on the street, you can thank yourself for not being a part of the process.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

Honestly, regardless of the reason you did not cast a vote, at this point, you have NO VOICE in the matter. Your opinion is as useless as your website.

You want comedy? how about looking in the mirror?

YOU belong in the camp of the STFU's for not voting. You didnt get a ballot? Did you call local 952 and ask for a replacement? Did you notify the NRLB? Did you do what was required by the bylaws to insure you voted?

The answer is most likely NO, and for that, you can exit the debate.

Guys like you want everyone else to do the fighting for them. You cowardly say that you are trusting the leaders to fix this for you because you didnt make every effort to help yourself.

I have no sympathy for you. 952 voted down this contract FOR YOU. They did the heavy lifting. Now, the rest of us who took the time to vote will have a say on where we go from here.

You are stuck on the sidelines without a position.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. If we end up on the street, you can thank yourself for not being a part of the process.

Peace

TOS

Lol, your the fool what promises have you made when YOU have no voice. You are simply a cry baby. If you are the man you parade to be on the Internet why have you not taken over the local. Big talk but no action. You know I followed procedure for the ballot so once again don't make up things to try and look like a big shot.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lol, your the fool what promises have you made when YOU have no voice. You are simply a cry baby. If you are the man you parade to be on the Internet why have you not taken over the local. Big talk but no action. You know I followed procedure for the ballot so once again don't make up things to try and look like a big shot.

No matter what your circumstances. YOU DIDNT VOTE.. you no longer have a say in these negotiations. Your input is useless. Its guys like YOU, that talk a crap game before the contract, and want to give advice, but when push comes to shove, you cant even send in a simple ballot with a committment on it.

The big talk comes from a guy who runs a website offering package advice, yet cant seem to handle the most simple aspect of being a union member.

Pathetic.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

No matter what your circumstances. YOU DIDNT VOTE.. you no longer have a say in these negotiations. Your input is useless. Its guys like YOU, that talk a crap game before the contract, and want to give advice, but when push comes to shove, you cant even send in a simple ballot with a committment on it.

The big talk comes from a guy who runs a website offering package advice, yet cant seem to handle the most simple aspect of being a union member.

Pathetic.

Peace

TOS

Is that how you talk to your members in 396? You have lost all respect. In 952 steward, members and Agents have made a list of people that did not receive a ballot and tracked the accountability to the source. Agents have called everyone personally to figure out what happened. You see We don't cry from the sidelines here if a problem exists. We work with the local, get grievances paid and fix problems. Take some ownership and quit blaming everyone as if your holier than thou. That kind of self righteousness is disrespectful and shows you are unqualified to be a leader.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Is that how you talk to your members in 396? You have lost all respect. In 952 steward, members and Agents have made a list of people that did not receive a ballot and tracked the accountability to the source. Agents have called everyone personally to figure out what happened. You see We don't cry from the sidelines here if a problem exists. We work with the local, get grievances paid and fix problems. Take some ownership and quit blaming everyone as if your holier than thou. That kind of self righteousness is disrespectful and shows you are unqualified to be a leader.

Dude, as I have pointed out, your opinions are pointless. Again, you point to others doing the heavy lifting. You didnt vote, plain and simple. From the jump, on this very board, its been said, "IF YOU DIDNT VOTE, THEN STFU".

Your at the top of that list.

This was a very important vote. The gap between passing and rejection hinged on less than 4000 votes, now take a guy like YOU and multiply that by 5000 and this contract fails completely, instead, because of GUYS like you, we are in limbo with a partial approval and a total rejection of our supplementals.

GUYS like you talk a big game, but figure "what the heck, my vote wont really matter, whats one vote"... and then over 5000 guys like YOU do the same in a close fight and then the REST of us end up losing overall.

You think you would have sympathy from the members in my local affected by losing their health care plans? You think your sorry excuses for not voting would save you from some well pointed words from my drivers?

Think again.

Do yourself a favor LB, shut up.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Is that how you talk to your members in 396?

To this question, I answer you like this:

"NO, its how I addressed the LEADERS of local 396 just yesterday". Both principle officers of my local were in my building attempting to spin the truth to the members. I was notified by the drivers that they were there and when I arrived at the hub, i addressed my principle officer first then the number 2.

I called the principle officer a liar, and called him out for not standing up for the membership. YOU see LB, thats worse than not voting. He had told members that he did not know why so many people were mad at him, and I told him to his face WHY WE WERE MAD at him.

It was an unfortunate meeting, because Ron and I are friends. Being that we were executive officers together in the past. I made the sentiments of our members very clear to him without hesitation. As for the number 2, like you, another pretender.

He took an earful and a faceful as he was punked out on the shop floor in front of Ron, the agents and other drivers who were standing there. At the end, I made them both a promise to remove the both of them from office for their actions.

saying this to JAY P. " Listen you condecending Pri-k, I have 600 members in this building alone ready to take a giant Pi$$ on the both of you". quote.

We are going to hold the both of them responsible for this contract and you can take that to the bank. You see LB, tough talk and bad advice dont go hand in hand.

You should know, you didnt vote.

Peace

TOS

Last edited by a moderator:

Inthegame

Both principle officers of my local... i addressed my principle officer... I called the principle officer a liar... Being that we were principle officers together in the past...

Peace

TOS
Imagine that, a former board member who thinks they should be running the show. Details are a bit important for one who wants to assume leadership. Apparently you mean you were an executive board officer in the past. I know of no bylaws that allow multiple "principle" officers. Good luck, you'll need it.

LagunaBrown

"NO, its how I addressed the LEADERS of local 396 just yesterday". Both principle officers of my local were in my building attempting to spin the truth to the members. I was notified by the drivers that they were there and when I arrived at the hub, i addressed my principle officer first then the number 2.

I called the principle officer a liar, and called him out for not standing up for the membership. YOU see LB, thats worse than not voting. He had told members that he did not know why so many people were mad at him, and I told him to his face WHY WE WERE MAD at him.

It was an unfortunate meeting, because Ron and I are friends. Being that we were principle officers together in the past. I made the sentiments of our members very clear to him without hesitation. As for the number 2, like you, another pretender.

He took an earful and a faceful as he was punked out on the shop floor in front of Ron, the agents and other drivers who were standing there. At the end, I made them both a promise to remove the both of them from office for their actions.

saying this to JAY P. " Listen you condecending Pri-k, I have 600 members in this building alone ready to take a giant Pi$$ on the both of you". quote.

We are going to hold the both of them responsible for this contract and you can take that to the bank. You see LB, tough talk and bad advice dont go hand in hand.

You should know, you didnt vote.

Peace

TOS

I didn't vote because I did not get a ballot. You can claim I didn't notify the IBT and paint any picture you want cause your opinions mean nothing to me. The fact is you just don't know do you. Just like you don't really know if your No vote is going to be better or worse.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Imagine that, a former board member who thinks they should be running the show. Details are a bit important for one who wants to assume leadership. Apparently you mean you were an executive board officer in the past. I know of no bylaws that allow multiple "principle" officers. Good luck, you'll need it.

This is what it says "It was an unfortunate meeting, because Ron and I are friends. Being that we were executive officers together in the past. I made the sentiments of our members very clear to him without hesitation. As for the number 2, like you, another pretender."

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/...ne-2-2013-a-350457/index31.html#ixzz2XWz4pfax

For the record, there are three principle officers in my local. Secretary Treasurer, President and vice president.

Thanks for playing.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

This is what it says "It was an unfortunate meeting, because Ron and I are friends. Being that we were executive officers together in the past. I made the sentiments of our members very clear to him without hesitation. As for the number 2, like you, another pretender."

So YOU were on the E board..... Are you a quitter or did you get voted out on no confidence?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!

The problem with shop stewards not receiving ballots was because the IBT had them inactive. The IBT had them inactive because their local(s) have not been paying their monthly union dues to the IBT as they should have. This is a very serious matter and an illegal one. With that being said, if any of these shop stewards intended to run for any Teamster office they would be ruled ineligible because they would not satisfy the 24 month good standing requirement. This local(s) has some serious issues and if the members were to file charges they would have a good case on bringing down those responsible for this unlawful crime!

Inthegame

The problem with shop stewards not receiving ballots was because the IBT had them inactive. The IBT had them inactive because their local(s) have not been paying their monthly union dues to the IBT as they should have. This is a very serious matter and an illegal one. With that being said, if any of these shop stewards intended to run for any Teamster office they would be ruled ineligible because they would not satisfy the 24 month good standing requirement. This local(s) has some serious issues and if the members were to file charges they would have a good case on bringing down those responsible for this unlawful crime!
You're watching too many Columbo reruns. No serious "crimes" or illegalities, most likely an accounting error. Relax Clarence Darrow, nobody loses eligibility to run for office if they've been working.