396 meeting Sunday June 2, 2013

browned_out

I don't want to go through 29 pages of reading, does anybody know what Necropostophiliac is talking about, when he refers to the number 16?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have no idea other than I am on his list. Somehow he is able to give reputation to the same member on a daily basis while the rest of us must wait at least a week to do so.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Strong showing of voting for 396.

TOS
What happens next?

Our local overwhelmingly voted this contract DOWN! By a 3 to 1 margin, this TA was kicked to the curb. While the numbers are still coming in for the west, this defeat in 396 shows how little support the H administration has left, and further, how much TRUST the members of 396 had in Ron's representation of the local.

We are still waiting for results from 104. That will be interesting as well.

How embarrassing for Randy :censored2:, the head of Joint Council 42 to have the contract voted down by a 2 to 1 margin.

There are plenty of NO votes out there still to count, and this will hinge on that 4% i predicted earlier.

If it gets shot down, the locals across the country will have to meet with the members and discuss the reasons "they" voted it down. Obviously, health care, progression and retirees will top the charts on issues.

There really isnt enough time to negotiate new terms, present it to the company, reach another TA and send out ballots before the expiration of the contract on July 31st.

This will present a few scenarios that might cause us some difficulties. First, the company may tell us to friend-off, and simply lock us out on aug. 1st. This would be a first strike to protect them from a strike, and put them into a better position. Secondly, we may end up on strike, and that could take three weeks to settle. There will be pain on both sides, but it may come down to that. Third, Its possible, but not likely, that the 31st date be extended if talks are going well.

No matter what, we need to start preparing to address our principle officer on his next set of instructions. He can no longer be trusted to represent our best interests. We must tell him what he must do for us.

The international must also be honest with us. They must tell us if this TA was a pre planned deal they made with the company in 2008. If they promised the company that they could sell this contract to us and it failed, they will take heat from both sides.

We will know this to be the case "IF" the union comes back to us and tries to RE SELL this piece of garbage to us again with different wrapping paper on it.

As if they didnt explain it correctly in the first place.

For us in local 396, we did our part to protect ALL members across the country. We stood together and voted this POS down by a 3 to 1 margin, just like YOU and I predicted.

Thank your boys in your hub! Everyone has come together in 396 to stand up for our retirees, part timers and full timers!

Stay tuned,

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Andy Marshalls local 104 also rejected the T.A. by a 2 to 1 margin. It really unfortunate, but allthough the southwest did its part to reject the contract, the remainder of the west passed it.

One last hope lies with local 89. IF there is an overwhelming turnout by local 89 and they vote NO as their principle officer recommends, then there is still hope for a total rejection of this contract.

With 56% approval, the T.A. is still leading.

56% is still a bad number for HOFFA/HALL. They have to continue to face the 50% of the members who did not want this contract. We are clearly divided equally on this contract and this spells trouble for the teamsters.

LOCAL 396, listen up.

WE VOTED DOWN THIS P.O.S. and we have showed you our sentiments. There were 1742 members who actually returned a ballot voting against it, and those will translate into 1742 votes to REMOVE you from office.

Stay tuned.

Peace

TOS

rudy5150

I think the national should be tweaked and re-voted on. There is no way louisville is going to change their position unless national is tweaked. The ballots were purposely screwed up. I demand a re-vote. Strike could very well happen.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If we do go on strike I strongly suggest you update your resume as you and a lot of your PT buddies will be out of a job when the strike ends.

Yup. These tools don't get it.

First of all. There will be no strike. We will never be able to get a MAJORITY to authorize a strike because of people like STINK, HEFFERMAN & 407. It will still come down to the same 48% that voted yes on the contract and the 52% who voted NO.

Those same 52% will not authorize a strike so that takes away our negotiating power and leverage. That leaves us with nothing more than shaking our fists here on the west coast. The company will simply lock us out on August 1st if we dont settle for the current status of the contract.

There isnt enough time left for every local to meet with the members and hash out what changes need to be made, and then return to D.C. and submit those changes and formulate a new proposal to the company. The company will surely reject the new proposal and the deadline will arrive.

Because 52% of the members are against the rest of the country, the company knows its driven a wedge into our solidarity. They hold all the cards knowing they have STINK, 407 and HEFFERMAN in their pockets so they will just lock us out and force us to accept the contract as written. There will be no need to re negotiate on the companys part. They will simply lock the doors, replace us and tell us "heres our offer, its on the table, when you want to come back to work, come back and sign it, we wont answer the phone, we wont renegotiate"....

What will be our options then? Wildcat strikes?

Of course, the chair, hall can withdraw the ENTIRE contract proposal and authorize a strike himself, but its unlikely he will do that.

The YES voters dont understand how they hurt the Teamsters and our ability to negotiate.

This is what I spoke about for over a month now. We are NOW in the very mess that I asked that we dont put ourselves into.

The Teamsters apparently didnt see this coming, because they were blinded by the revenue that was being diverted into the central states Health and welfare fund. That allocation of money meant more to the Teamsters than protecting the members and its split us into two camps.

AS I said before, and I will say again, regardless of "who" is right or wrong on the issues, we BOTH LOSE at the end of the day.

You are seeing the end of the teamsters unfold right in front of your faces. Blowing up from the inside out. Locals having to take extreme measures on their own outside the control of the international.

Implosion.

Thanks alot YES voters.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

If we do go on strike I strongly suggest you update your resume as you and a lot of your PT buddies will be out of a job when the strike ends.

Yup. These tools don't get it.

First of all. There will be no strike. We will never be able to get a MAJORITY to authorize a strike because of people like STINK, HEFFERMAN & 407. It will still come down to the same 48% that voted yes on the contract and the 52% who voted NO.

Those same 52% will not authorize a strike so that takes away our negotiating power and leverage. That leaves us with nothing more than shaking our fists here on the west coast. The company will simply lock us out on August 1st if we dont settle for the current status of the contract.

There isnt enough time left for every local to meet with the members and hash out what changes need to be made, and then return to D.C. and submit those changes and formulate a new proposal to the company. The company will surely reject the new proposal and the deadline will arrive.

Because 52% of the members are against the rest of the country, the company knows its driven a wedge into our solidarity. They hold all the cards knowing they have STINK, 407 and HEFFERMAN in their pockets so they will just lock us out and force us to accept the contract as written. There will be no need to re negotiate on the companys part. They will simply lock the doors, replace us and tell us "heres our offer, its on the table, when you want to come back to work, come back and sign it, we wont answer the phone, we wont renegotiate"....

What will be our options then? Wildcat strikes?

Of course, the chair, Ken H can withdraw the ENTIRE contract proposal and authorize a strike himself, but its unlikely he will do that.

The YES voters dont understand how they hurt the Teamsters and our ability to negotiate.

This is what I spoke about for over a month now. We are NOW in the very mess that I asked that we dont put ourselves into.

The Teamsters apparently didnt see this coming, because they were blinded by the revenue that was being diverted into the central states Health and welfare fund. That allocation of money meant more to the Teamsters than protecting the members and its split us into two camps.

AS I said before, and I will say again, regardless of "who" is right or wrong on the issues, we BOTH LOSE at the end of the day.

You are seeing the end of the teamsters unfold right in front of your faces. Blowing up from the inside out. Locals having to take extreme measures on their own outside the control of the international.

Implosion.

Thanks alot YES voters.

Peace

TOS

The "Yes" vote was ambiguous but the "No" vote was unknown. Neither are a good position to be in. As we talked about before, the West need to get done and it looks like it is still in play with the MOU. There are too many directions this can go now and any predictions won't carry much validity till we get more info.

rpoz11

Arent you the one that said some guy was trying to tell Andy M how he should negotiate the contract.
Maybe Andy M should have listened.
Maybe the wrsa and the swra went down.
Maybe someone knew something you and andy dont know.
It sounds like you are trying to start panic and fear.
Have you ever heard of the word retroactive?
Maybe you should read up on strike language and tactics.
Why havent you brought up loss of volume from amazon?

Next

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The "Yes" vote was ambiguous but the "No" vote was unknown. Neither are a good position to be in. As we talked about before, the West need to get done and it looks like it is still in play with the MOU. There are too many directions this can go now and any predictions won't carry much validity till we get more info.

Just like the NMA and MOU(SE) its Mickey.

How anybody could misunderstand a NO vote is beyond the comprehension of 99.9%, the other .1% are alcoholics and drug addicts.

Care to tell us which one you are?

What side of the line were you in 1997?

I've read your posts here, are you interviewing for a job in management?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

What information do you need? The contract was voted down in 63, 396, 592, 572 and all those locals are run by officials of both the southwest and International.

NONE of these leaders listened to the membership and approved this contract for submisision without regard for the members interests.

We voted it down once, and we will vote it down again if its re submitted to us. You voted YES, and rest with the less than 43% of the people who supported it in the west.

Insurance will be the hang up and the local knows it. Andy M made a collossal mistake bringing this deal to the southwest.

There are many things to happen in the coming weeks. Time is not on our side.

Peace

TOS