396 meeting Sunday June 2, 2013

olympicking

olympic_king
Section 29 of the southwest rider states after jan 1 helper rate will be $11.50 hr when its currently top. Cant blame ups putting the west against the central for that.

rpoz11

TOS...
U seem as the only one who is aware of what is going on in our local.
I personally Thank You, Commend You, and aspire to be as you as an upstanding Teamster member!

Andy M needs some more fence sitting for his propoganda machine.

However, I do like you Andy.

What troubles me is is what the future dictates for all of us out here in the West.

104 is your model; granted.

Kudos to you.

Like I have previously stated to the BA :
Do YOU see all of us?
Do YOU really see all of us who work our asses off to provide you this representative opportunity to defend us?
Marshall, you have no credibility past your assigned title to represent us.
Again, I like you.
However, there are several Locals here under the Western Conference who defer to you as you are assigned to all of this.
Double speak to our hearts content.
Eventually our members will see thru your BS and call you out for it.
Calling you out for what we shall lose FOREVER in HC coverage.

Marshall : I DARE you to stand up to Hall, Hoffa and Corporate UPS and WIN our language back.

H, i see something else.
:censored2: is all over your hall.
Who in the end will survive with the biggest west coast local?
Are you worried about numbers?
Decent?
Our members voted you in.
Do you really have something to lose here?
NorCal people know who runs them.
Got anything to say about this?
Seems as if the National sides with whomever has the strength in numbers.
Is it H?
Is it :censored2:?
Or who could end up with the biggest west coast representation?

Or are all of us Teamster Members tools for their future????

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
T.O.S. has 'confirmation bias'. We were at the same meeting and I believe a lot of information given was lost on him. Definition below...

Confirmation bias
is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. People exhibiting confirmation bias give preference to sources of information that affirm their preexisting beliefs. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

I'm voting yes.

i HAD NO BIAS. I REPORTED THE INFORMATION AS IT WAS STATED WORD FOR WORD. I TOOK COPIOUS NOTES AND UNDERSTAND CONTEXT. IF YOU UNDERSTOOD SOMETHING DIFFERENT, THEN YOU WERE EITHER NOT PAYING ATTENTION OR NOT IN THE ROOM. AS I IMAGINE, YOU ARE A SAN FERNANDO DRIVER WITH A LIMITED KNOWLEDGE BASE AND A FLAVOR FOR 396 TSHIRTS AND HATS.

I ASSURE YOU, THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF CONFIRMATION OF WHAT I POSTED FROM OTHER MEMBERS WHO WERE AT THE MEETING AS WELL. I HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED MANY MESSAGES FROM MEMBERS WHO WERE THERE THANKING ME FOR SHARING THE INFORMATION I DID AND PUTTING INTO THE EXACT CONTEXT THAT IT WAS SPOKEN.

I DONT KNOW WHAT MEETING YOU WERE AT, BUT MAYBE A COURSE IN LISTENING IS IN ORDER.

YOU CAN VOTE ANYWAY YOU LIKE, BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, WHEN YOUR WIFE AND CHILDREN GET SICK AND MONEY IS POURING OUT OF YOUR POCKETS, JUST REMEMBER, YOU HAVE NO LEG TO STAND ON.

PEACE

TOS

stink219

YOU are the last person who can "EXPLAIN" anything on this site. Youve been asked several times, and all you can come back with are the talking points given to you by your BA who you seem to be in love with. Why does the rest of the country have a problem with this contract except you and a few friends?

Is the rest of dues paying teamsters just stupid? Or Are you the stupid one unwilling to listen?

Peace

TOS

Listen to the big mouth on TOS! You say I don't listen because I have a different view than yours? "Are you the stupid one unwilling to listen?"
You utilize an age old tactic of blame.
Avoidable loss + Perceived responsibility = Blame.
You want me to rewrite the entire contract to make a point when it can be broken down to the simplistic sense. I'm a full time driver and a steward. I have way more important issues to deal with than your lack of understanding our contract. Sorry if you need a novel to get the point. I understand that some people are slow. I won't hold it against you though.

As for my BA, he doesn't sit behind a computer taking jabs at people. He's involved an informative. He keeps us up to date.

Lastly, you say "Why does the rest of the country have a problem with this contract except you and a few friends?". I've said this before, yet you missed it...AGAIN, BC does not reflect the feelings of 240,000 UPS folks. If it did, Alexandra Pope would be the IBT president. God help us!

Peace,
S

twoweeled

Most guys I've talked to are still clueless and surprised there are people against it. They just quote the flyer the union sent in the mail and assume its all true. Half truths don't count.

Amazing, but true! You tell me people what's in the proposal, and suggest they read it for themselves. And they respond with; "the local says", My Business agent says, The flyer says. I just shake my head and walk away. People, we are seeing and hearing about the shiniest best parts of the agreement - and even those best parts are crap! Rest assured, the worse parts of this proposal, we haven't heard anything about yet!

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Brother 104,

I have known Andy since he was a business agent back in 1997 during the strike. I agree, he is a stand up guy, and at our meeting, he was "more than" candid about our situation out here in the west. As I said earlier, there was no need for shouting and such, as he was "honest" about all issues, and even when pressed, he agreed with the members that "certain" language was bad and could spell disaster down the road.

I dont want to leave the impression that he was anything but upfront. It may not have been what we wanted to hear, but he was upfront about it. While, i dont believe that "he" and the west will be able to create such a plan, even if "equal" to the central states, cause, as i stated in ALL of my posts on the subject and one that Andy himself confirms, the only thing the West has to do is "MATCH" the central states plan and there is NO directive to "match" our current benefits.

The West's only obligation is to match the C6 plan as submitted to us so far, so for all practical purposes, we are, in fact, voting to ACCEPT the terms of the C6 plan.

All the talk about "finding" a better plan, is just that, talk. November 1st will roll around and we will be stuck in the central states C6 plan no matter what. Now, Andy did mention, that the "enhancements" to those 140,000 members being transitioned into the C6 plan DID NOT APPLY to those already in the plan. His exact words were , and I quote:

"those central states locals didnt back us, so they can phuque off on the enhancements" - quote Andy M.

"if they dont like it, then tough chitt" - quote Andy M.

I have "heard" otherwise from members already in the central states, so I am curious what those in the central states say now, hearing this.

I will not say that Andy will not try, I give him the benefit of the doubt, but I do suspect that the international is making so hard on him, that he will never realize his goals.

Peace

TOS

Yes as I read the language only the West and NJ are getting the Enhancements. So to me it seems like we should be voting on C6 Enhanced if that is what we can live with and hope Andy can come up with something better by Nov 1st. If you can't live with C6E, then vote No. I like a lot of the other language that was negotiated so I'm still making my decision.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yes as I read the language only the West and NJ are getting the Enhancements. So to me it seems like we should be voting on C6 Enhanced if that is what we can live with and hope Andy can come up with something better by Nov 1st. If you can't live with C6E, then vote No. I like a lot of the other language that was negotiated so I'm still making my decision.

Brother 104,
Yes, we are in a tough position now. We are voting on the C6 plan whether we like it or not. We are 140,000 strong, and outnumber the 105,000 already in the central states. In my opinion, there is NO way for the west to find a better plan for the same money that come closer to our current benefits. The retirees are getting the worse end of the stick and down the road, it will only get worse.

If you listen to the "stinks" of the board, they believe they are getting the "enhancements" and they are NOT in either local 177 or the west. Thats how confusing the contract proposal has been for everyone.

Only local 177 and the 10 locals in the southwest are getting the "enhancements". Not even nor cal is included in this proposal.

People better ask the right questions and hear the right answers vs. the B.S. floating around.

It was nice to see Andy on sunday.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Really??? LOL

While I respect your opinions on this contract with many valid points, they are extremely biased.

Hoax, in our meeting, i reported the meeting as "minutes". There was no bias as I quoted the speaker word for word. You can take from his words what you want. When I shared an opinion, I called it an opinion.

You cant get a better recap of our meeting other than video, and that was not allowed.

Gee, i wonder why?

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Listen to the big mouth on TOS! You say I don't listen because I have a different view than yours? "Are you the stupid one unwilling to listen?"
You utilize an age old tactic of blame.
Avoidable loss + Perceived responsibility = Blame.
You want me to rewrite the entire contract to make a point when it can be broken down to the simplistic sense. I'm a full time driver and a steward. I have way more important issues to deal with than your lack of understanding our contract. Sorry if you need a novel to get the point. I understand that some people are slow. I won't hold it against you though.

As for my BA, he doesn't sit behind a computer taking jabs at people. He's involved an informative. He keeps us up to date.

Lastly, you say "Why does the rest of the country have a problem with this contract except you and a few friends?". I've said this before, yet you missed it...AGAIN, BC does not reflect the feelings of 240,000 UPS folks. If it did, Alexandra Pope would be the IBT president. God help us!

Peace,
S

Hey stink, I hear your local is giving you a free hat for every positive contract post you make on the board... good to see hard working dues going to a ********

Peace

TOS

Last edited by a moderator:

stink219

Hey stink, I hear your local is giving you a free hat for every positive contract post you make on the board... good to see hard working dues going to a ********

Peace

TOS
**** Second, they are paying my car payments not for a hat. Third, you wouldn't know anything about my strong local. So go back to being a secretary and take your notes.
Should I write a few more paragraphs so you can understand?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hey 9five,

you edit my post but let this guy say this to me? how is that fair?

Wheres the equality?

Peace

TOS

Note from Mods

Use the "Triangle with the explanation mark in the middle" at the bottom of a post to report insults, abusive language, etc.

PS - removed the insult from the reported post even though the wrong reporting mechanism was used.

RealPerson

Brother 104,
Yes, we are in a tough position now. We are voting on the C6 plan whether we like it or not. We are 140,000 strong, and outnumber the 105,000 already in the central states. In my opinion, there is NO way for the west to find a better plan for the same money that come closer to our current benefits. The retirees are getting the worse end of the stick and down the road, it will only get worse.

If you listen to the "stinks" of the board, they believe they are getting the "enhancements" and they are NOT in either local 177 or the west. Thats how confusing the contract proposal has been for everyone.

Only local 177 and the 10 locals in the southwest are getting the "enhancements". Not even nor cal is included in this proposal.

People better ask the right questions and hear the right answers vs. the B.S. floating around.

It was nice to see Andy on sunday.

Peace

TOS

WAIT WAIT..
How do we find out if we are getting the Enhanced Version of C6 if this passes?
I need to inform my other workers....

I am Local 795 Part Timer, and yes Central States rider...

The part timers in locals 407 and 964 are getting it. So eight other local? I call bull :censored2: TOS. You have venom dripping from your mouth. You are trying to be political and spread misinformation. You out west will all get the enhanced c-6 if you can't find an other plan. I honk you are either nuts or or have an other agenda.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The part timers in locals 407 and 964 are getting it. So eight other local? I call bull :censored2: TOS. You have venom dripping from your mouth. You are trying to be political and spread misinformation. You out west will all get the enhanced c-6 if you can't find an other plan. I honk you are either nuts or or have an other agenda.

Why are you "hating" on me? I simply stated what Andy M made clear in our contract meeting. The "carve out" enhancements only apply to local 177 and the southwest region members and NOT the rest of the country.

RE READ my post on our meeting. I put ANDY MARSHALLS own words there. ANDY is the CHAIR of the Southest Region and the person responsible for negotiating the carve out and Enhancements. ANDY did NOT negotiate those enhancements for ANY OTHER LOCAL or region.

You'd better consult with someone who knows in your own local to see if "your" local negotiated any enhancements.

407, your as dumb as they come around these parts. maybe if you took your head out of your B.A.'s rear end, you would have clear hearing.

Better check for yourselves people, like I said before.

Peace

TOS

Evil

I don't want anything to do with the enhanced C6 Plan aka TEAMcare, and therefore like the 98% of Southern California UPS Teamsters I have submitted my ballots with a NO marking on the National Master, Western Supplement and Southwest Rider.

I was at the meeting yesterday, and Andy M did not convince me to vote YES. He even admitted that he was close to resigning and that this contract is horrible for us out WEST. However, he clearly let it be known that his was more loyal to his superiors than to the members out WEST.

olympicking

olympic_king
I don't want anything to do with the enhanced C6 Plan aka TEAMcare, and therefore like the 98% of Southern California UPS Teamsters I have submitted my ballots with a NO marking on the National Master, Western Supplement and Southwest Rider.

I was at the meeting yesterday, and Andy M did not convince me to vote YES. He even admitted that he was close to resigning and that this contract is horrible for us out WEST. However, he clearly let it be known that his was more loyal to his superiors than to the members out WEST.

He needs to resign if his loyalty is to Hoffa instead of the people who voted him into office