400+PPH... "Best I've seen" wall quality... Pending Susp. for Misloads. Really?

jrh

So, let me start by saying : I know Misloads are bad and should be easy to avoid.

Now, let me go on.

My misload rate has gone under 1/3000 and I now have a pending suspension for it.

I have a PPH in the high 300's or low 400's daily. Every time there is a wall quality audit, they say that mine are damn near perfect. I show up on time every day (7 months and clocked in ONE minute late, once.)

My belt, around break time, has 3500 scans, with about 8 people. Every other belt in the building has ~3000 scans with 11 people. We are understaffed and never get help from other belts. As a result we are being pushed to the extreme - 400 PPH and backed up all the way to the pickoff? Great, load faster. No, I can't send any help, they are busy.

Constantly getting told to go faster. I get a few missorts and toss em' out of the trailer to the catwalks. Yell out "MISSORTS IN ______" and they are still there an hour later. Someone comes to help and starts tossing boxes back on the extendo, next thing I know a few of them get loaded and of course that comes back on me.

Am I free of all blame? Hell no. Is there more that could be done? Yes, I think so.

I was handed papers for a grievance and told I have a "pending suspension" because of my misload rate which is partly/largly due to the fact that the entire belt is understaffed. Today we had everyone again on our belt at a solid 300 PPH but at the end of the day we had 7 carts of irregs waiting because the guy running the floors had to push flow for the trailer that we have that was backed up all the way to pickoff and belt shutting off every 10 seconds. Still no help from other belts.

I feel that it is a tad unfair that I am expected to have a perfect wall quality, 400+PPH, and 0 misloads at all times. There has to be a compromise somewhere. What am I missing?

put the misloads NOT on the dock, but on a cart down below or to its dock if the dock is nearby. I made this mistake too but it's easy to avoid

BigBeef42

I used to bust my butt and still had major egress issues where pkgs build up at the end of the trailer.

The problem arises because the unload supervisor crams as much crap down the belts that will fit.

and loaders just bite the bullet.

Sent using Ink and Canvas

MsDee

So, let me start by saying : I know Misloads are bad and should be easy to avoid.

Now, let me go on.

My misload rate has gone under 1/3000 and I now have a pending suspension for it.

I have a PPH in the high 300's or low 400's daily. Every time there is a wall quality audit, they say that mine are damn near perfect. I show up on time every day (7 months and clocked in ONE minute late, once.)

My belt, around break time, has 3500 scans, with about 8 people. Every other belt in the building has ~3000 scans with 11 people. We are understaffed and never get help from other belts. As a result we are being pushed to the extreme - 400 PPH and backed up all the way to the pickoff? Great, load faster. No, I can't send any help, they are busy.

Constantly getting told to go faster. I get a few missorts and toss em' out of the trailer to the catwalks. Yell out "MISSORTS IN ______" and they are still there an hour later. Someone comes to help and starts tossing boxes back on the extendo, next thing I know a few of them get loaded and of course that comes back on me.

Am I free of all blame? Hell no. Is there more that could be done? Yes, I think so.

I was handed papers for a grievance and told I have a "pending suspension" because of my misload rate which is partly/largly due to the fact that the entire belt is understaffed. Today we had everyone again on our belt at a solid 300 PPH but at the end of the day we had 7 carts of irregs waiting because the guy running the floors had to push flow for the trailer that we have that was backed up all the way to pickoff and belt shutting off every 10 seconds. Still no help from other belts.

I feel that it is a tad unfair that I am expected to have a perfect wall quality, 400+PPH, and 0 misloads at all times. There has to be a compromise somewhere. What am I missing?
I Hear You! But 2 B Honest they Don't Care! trust Me Been There Done That! The More U Do The More They Want Out Of U!

margaritaville

Youll never get fired unless you get caught in a obvious lie or steal. Let them do what they want and slow down if its causing you misery. Then again some unions are getting weaker it feels like..

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
They don't write people up for a 1/3000 misload rate unless they are poison for the belt. You can be a godly loader but if your an :censored2: that can't get along with people and are argumentative then yeah, they can use misloads as a reason for termination so long as they follow procedure. If you haven't got official verbal warning and 3 write ups in the last 7 months then this will get thrown out on principle. If this is an ongoing concern though and they've followed procedure...Slow down while you are still employed and let them drown with their own staffing problems. Now...all that being said, if none of this is what happened then you've got nothing to worry about. Slow down to 300pph and get zero misloads with perfect walls.

BigBeef42

They don't write people up for a 1/3000 misload rate unless they are poison for the belt. You can be a godly loader but if your an :censored2: that can't get along with people and are argumentative then yeah, they can use misloads as a reason for termination so long as they follow procedure. If you haven't got official verbal warning and 3 write ups in the last 7 months then this will get thrown out on principle. If this is an ongoing concern though and they've followed procedure...Slow down while you are still employed and let them drown with their own staffing problems. Now...all that being said, if none of this is what happened then you've got nothing to worry about. Slow down to 300pph and get zero misloads with perfect walls.

I agree.
Back when i was loading 1/3000 is normal. However, if you have scanners that tell you misloads, then you have no friggin excuse.

I never had, them, their fancy scanners.

Sent using Ink and Canvas